Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birch has gone very quiet ... 14:05 - Dec 12 with 7759 viewsNotLoyal

I have three well thought out thoughts on why ?

1. He can’t say anything it’s too close to January and he knows we are going to get rid of our best players.

2. He can’t say anything it’s too close to January and he knows we are going to get rid of our best players.

3. He can’t say anything it’s too close to January and he knows we are going to get rid of our best players.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:12 - Dec 14 with 1632 viewsQJumpingJack

It's a shame the Americans did not appoint Birch in the Summer of 2016.
I am sure the club would have been in a healthier position and he would have done a better job than Jenkins and Pearlman combined.
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:20 - Dec 14 with 1615 viewsTNT

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:12 - Dec 14 by QJumpingJack

It's a shame the Americans did not appoint Birch in the Summer of 2016.
I am sure the club would have been in a healthier position and he would have done a better job than Jenkins and Pearlman combined.

Who is holding Birch to account?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:33 - Dec 14 with 1591 viewsQJumpingJack

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:20 - Dec 14 by TNT

Who is holding Birch to account?

i assume our owners?
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:36 - Dec 14 with 1581 viewsTNT

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 21:33 - Dec 14 by QJumpingJack

i assume our owners?

Mmmm… Our Trust are QAing that?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 06:57 - Dec 15 with 1504 viewsGlastonbury

Our Trevor been in the Middle East sorting out our future 😉
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 10:19 - Dec 16 with 1342 viewsDewi1jack

From what I've read, heard and taken the more intelligent bits from this forum, financially we were in the sh1te.
Deeply.
Much like a couple of times in the past.

Truthfully, I don't trust Birch because
1 I don't know him
2/ his remit will be to do what is best for the Yeehaas
3/ I don't trust Yeehaa businesses because the only thing they give a flying fuk about is the bottom line and how much cash they can trouser.
Doesn't matter what business Yanks own.

He seems to have done the business at other clubs and if he can secure the future of this club for my children/ grandchildren and so on to enjoy/ hate/ love/ despise/ be entertained/ be bored and all the other emotions we have all gone through watching our club, then that'll do.
Our previous owners left us deep in the sh1te with their shenaningans and we need sorting.

I'll probably be down arrowed by those who now don't attend because we're no longer beating their favourite teams (Yernited, Citey, Arsenal etc) but I don't worry and certainly won't lose any sleep over someone having a different opinion

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:53 - Dec 16 with 1318 views34dfgdf54

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 10:19 - Dec 16 by Dewi1jack

From what I've read, heard and taken the more intelligent bits from this forum, financially we were in the sh1te.
Deeply.
Much like a couple of times in the past.

Truthfully, I don't trust Birch because
1 I don't know him
2/ his remit will be to do what is best for the Yeehaas
3/ I don't trust Yeehaa businesses because the only thing they give a flying fuk about is the bottom line and how much cash they can trouser.
Doesn't matter what business Yanks own.

He seems to have done the business at other clubs and if he can secure the future of this club for my children/ grandchildren and so on to enjoy/ hate/ love/ despise/ be entertained/ be bored and all the other emotions we have all gone through watching our club, then that'll do.
Our previous owners left us deep in the sh1te with their shenaningans and we need sorting.

I'll probably be down arrowed by those who now don't attend because we're no longer beating their favourite teams (Yernited, Citey, Arsenal etc) but I don't worry and certainly won't lose any sleep over someone having a different opinion

Good post and agree with every word.
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:49 - Dec 22 with 1148 viewsNotLoyal

Birch is still quiet.

And please no.. oh he bought us a pint paid for this or that, I'm saying he is quiet, not talking, no jargon, nothing. Not that he gets the Fcking beers in on account. How about the clubs immediate direction, plans going forward, reassurance PR.

Apologists need not apply.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:01 - Dec 22 with 1118 viewsbennytheblue

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 11:49 - Dec 22 by NotLoyal

Birch is still quiet.

And please no.. oh he bought us a pint paid for this or that, I'm saying he is quiet, not talking, no jargon, nothing. Not that he gets the Fcking beers in on account. How about the clubs immediate direction, plans going forward, reassurance PR.

Apologists need not apply.

Drama queen. You win a game means natives quiet again no?
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:16 - Dec 22 with 1085 viewsNotLoyal

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:01 - Dec 22 by bennytheblue

Drama queen. You win a game means natives quiet again no?

You know nothing speedo.
keep tapping away on your nut.
He's behind you... 🤣

OK I've changed it.

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:21 - Dec 22 with 1073 viewsCatullus

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 13:17 - Dec 14 by jojaca

Only gripe I have with the yanks is they could have gambled more on last season to try and get straight back up. A club like ours if we don't go back up straight away it will probably take another 30 years for top flight football. I also thought we could have been more patient and command bigger fees for Fernandez, Ayew etc.

If we'd held onto them the offer would have gotten lower and we'd still be paying their wages. We'd have been even poorer. You may disagree but as our financial position worsened because of the wage bill, other clubs would have looked to take advantage.

The gambled more part, look at the other clubs who have gambled to go straight back up and how they fared. Why do you think so many Championship clubs have ultimately unsustainable levels of debt? Only 3 teams can go up but many more gambled, still gamble.

Birch is doing the job the Yanks pay him to do, only they know what his mandate really is but I'm certain it is first and foremost 100% in the best financial interests of our hedge fund owners.
Keeping us up should be part of that because relegation obviously makes us worth a lot less. If Birch can keep us up and sell Ayew, Baston or whoever for a good chunk our owners will be the proverbial pigs in sh/t.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 17:32 - Dec 22 with 937 viewsOneill_77

Maybe he has his head down busily doing his job of turning our club around.

Given his heritage and credentials, a long term stewardship role with some skin in the game would be just right for us and him.

A white knight philanthropist, at the very best.
Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:10 - Dec 22 with 867 viewslonglostjack

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 17:32 - Dec 22 by Oneill_77

Maybe he has his head down busily doing his job of turning our club around.

Given his heritage and credentials, a long term stewardship role with some skin in the game would be just right for us and him.

A white knight philanthropist, at the very best.

Owns share in us doesn’t he? With or without voting rights?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:13 - Dec 22 with 859 viewsmonmouth

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:10 - Dec 22 by longlostjack

Owns share in us doesn’t he? With or without voting rights?

Presumably to encourage him to maximise the sales price.

Must be without, or at least not enough to make a difference of any sort.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 18:21 - Dec 22 with 822 viewsBadlands

Birch has gone very quiet ... on 12:21 - Dec 22 by Catullus

If we'd held onto them the offer would have gotten lower and we'd still be paying their wages. We'd have been even poorer. You may disagree but as our financial position worsened because of the wage bill, other clubs would have looked to take advantage.

The gambled more part, look at the other clubs who have gambled to go straight back up and how they fared. Why do you think so many Championship clubs have ultimately unsustainable levels of debt? Only 3 teams can go up but many more gambled, still gamble.

Birch is doing the job the Yanks pay him to do, only they know what his mandate really is but I'm certain it is first and foremost 100% in the best financial interests of our hedge fund owners.
Keeping us up should be part of that because relegation obviously makes us worth a lot less. If Birch can keep us up and sell Ayew, Baston or whoever for a good chunk our owners will be the proverbial pigs in sh/t.

In April he was quite open about his brief.
Find a manager.
Balance the books and make the club sustainable for the long term.
Look at streamlining the sponsorship and look of the Liberty.
Look at promotion as a medium to long term project.
He and Pearlman agreed that sensible offers to buy the club would be listened to but there was no retirement to look for a sale.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024