Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with this window ? 06:36 - Feb 1 with 6135 viewsSTID2017

Overall I am happy that we have brought in two players with solid PL experience, whilst not selling any of ours.
Despite all the talk about Alfie and Ki going, they are still here, whilst the only player who has left us (on loan) is Mesa, who is as yet an unknown quantity for us.
West Ham signed a forward from Preston for £10 milion, the type of signing if we had made there would be uproar.
Also with all the talk about how the owners weren't spending anything, I feared we'd see no one in this window.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Happy with this window ? on 09:53 - Feb 1 with 1454 viewsperchrockjack

Naught on is clearly a weak link.
He s still in situ and that s shocking

Anyway, we are where we are and come May we might all be surprised pleasantly

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Happy with this window ? on 09:53 - Feb 1 with 1455 viewsPawelAbbott

Happy with this window ? on 08:33 - Feb 1 by 34dfgdf54

This will be his last I think.

Let's hope so
Happy with this window ? on 10:04 - Feb 1 with 1437 viewshammy

Given recent results in the PL and the way Carvalhal is starting to get a tune out of the current squad, then the 2 signings / loans are quite positive.

The only target CC has is to stay in the PL and we are now only 3 points from 13th place !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Happy with this window ? on 10:26 - Feb 1 with 1414 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Judging by the absence of the usual Jenkins apologists.....not a great window again.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Happy with this window ? on 11:28 - Feb 1 with 1386 viewsBloodyhills

I am underwhelmed but it might work out OK and am hoping it does.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Happy with this window ? on 11:32 - Feb 1 with 1379 viewsmagicdaps10

Could have been worse but could have been better.

Im unhappy with the fact that the board could have done more than what was done.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Happy with this window ? on 11:37 - Feb 1 with 1371 viewsoldcob

Happy with this window ? on 09:53 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

Naught on is clearly a weak link.
He s still in situ and that s shocking

Anyway, we are where we are and come May we might all be surprised pleasantly

I'm changing my stance on Naughton, I've spouted venom in his direction often in the past but second half of the Liverpool game and for all of the Arsenal game he's been excellent. If he can maintain recent form I'll be happy with him.
Happy with this window ? on 11:41 - Feb 1 with 1360 viewsjasper_T

Happy with this window ? on 11:37 - Feb 1 by oldcob

I'm changing my stance on Naughton, I've spouted venom in his direction often in the past but second half of the Liverpool game and for all of the Arsenal game he's been excellent. If he can maintain recent form I'll be happy with him.

He's always been capable of putting a couple of decent performances together, when the team as a whole is playing well.

Been here long enough to show that it's not something he can produce consistently.
Login to get fewer ads

Happy with this window ? on 12:59 - Feb 1 with 1313 viewsGlyn1

Only six clubs spent more than us in this transfer window as clubs tinker at the edges rather than go for wholesale changes. It's understandable but unexciting. At least we kept Mawson and Fabianski

Which relegation struggler had the worst transfer window? Surely that's West Ham.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Happy with this window ? on 13:04 - Feb 1 with 1306 viewssomersetsimon

Happy with this window ? on 11:41 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

He's always been capable of putting a couple of decent performances together, when the team as a whole is playing well.

Been here long enough to show that it's not something he can produce consistently.

I think you can say the same about all our defenders. They are all good enough when the rest of the team is playing well. None of them are good enough to drag along a team playing badly. If we ever had a defender that good, it's unlikely we'd keep him for long!

Pressuring the opposition further up the field makes our defenders lives and lot easier.
Happy with this window ? on 13:06 - Feb 1 with 1301 viewssomersetsimon

Happy with this window ? on 11:32 - Feb 1 by magicdaps10

Could have been worse but could have been better.

Im unhappy with the fact that the board could have done more than what was done.

The board could certainly have looked at more targets and waved more money around, but I doubt they have found any more good players who actually wanted to come here.
Happy with this window ? on 13:17 - Feb 1 with 1274 viewsLibertarian

Happy with this window ? on 11:41 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

Hopefully the emergence of Conor Roberts has woken him up the fact that there is another option developing for this position (Rangel being just for injury cover these days)
Happy with this window ? on 13:23 - Feb 1 with 1260 viewsperchrockjack

Old cob

Not sure if excellent is the word .improved yes but an improvement on dogshyte does n excellent make .

He s weak and switches off as evidenced by his appalling " defending" for the Arse goal..

On positive note. Mawson is really now impressing and he s our biggest asset ,I would suggest. IMO ,he should be captain .

Ki seems content so it d be nice if he got stuck in more often

Clucas is the real surprise . He s been shocking but there again so was Clement and this is where I disagree with the All Knowing Planet Swans sage Winston when I say he destroyed more careers than BB ,who was also shocking

Anyway, it could have been worse so let's get up and at them,all the frckers

Happy with this window ? on 13:52 - Feb 1 with 1237 viewsjasper_T

If we want to go sticking the boot in for the Arsenal goal watch Clucas get sidetracked and then fail to close down Ozil, turning his back on the cross.

I'd have subbed him immediately there if I was manager!
Happy with this window ? on 13:55 - Feb 1 with 1229 viewsFlashberryjack

Happy with this window ? on 08:40 - Feb 1 by Morfa_Same

I think Ayew will improve us so not a disaster, but we've overpaid given his form at West Ham. I expect he will also be one of our highest wage earners. I wish we'd stop this lazy fixation with targeting ex players and actually show some planning in our recruitment. This transfer window has Huw Jenkins written all over it. AGAIN.

King is a championship player and a downgrade on Mesa, who wasn't particularly good himself. We've failed to address the other weaknesses as others have said. Did we even try to sign a rightback?

I'm fairly happy with Ayew 2 coming back, but like you, I think we've paid far to much for him, and given him a 3 1/2 year contract of probably a similar wage as he was on at West Ham (I pray that there's a relegation clause)

As for King, bloody hell! that is poor, especially when you consider the team has been screaming out for a creative midfielder for some time.

I realise that Markovic hasn't played much, but when I've watched him play for at Hull, I thought he was excellent, and he's only 23.

I won't bother with the left back position, as our frailty in that department is obvious to all except our DOF.

The one thing I'm pleased about that Mawson & Ki are still with us, so all in all not a great window, but not the complete disaster I was expecting.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Happy with this window ? on 14:28 - Feb 1 with 1205 viewsOldjack

If Carlos can get Andre playing as well as his bro now does [which if i'm honest i never thought i'd see ] we're on a winner

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Happy with this window ? on 15:31 - Feb 1 with 1181 viewsperchrockjack

As I say ,it could be an inspired decision to have these brothers playing together

Happy with this window ? on 15:47 - Feb 1 with 1158 viewsSwan91

I have mixed feelings.....I think Ayew could be great for us... has PL experience and I think with Bony the way he is.. and Tammy not doing much.. Ayew has easily a better chance of providing goals that both of them at the moment.

I wasn't expecting us to sign amazing players... we have to take in mind that we are in a relagation zone... and the Athletico players rejected us because of our position not because of money.. and Schurle was cancelled because of an injury to another player which is just bad luck for us.

if the team keeps up as they are now but with ayew adding goals... then i think it is a decent transfew window for a relagation side. lets just hope.

also dissapointed we didn't sign a rb though...
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 15:47]
Happy with this window ? on 16:34 - Feb 1 with 1119 viewsnyc_swans

happy?

well it's all relative. has anybody been "happy" objectively with a transfer window in the last few years? it's time to lower expectations, if they have not already been lowered.

at the end of the day, none of the key players in the starting 11 left. and 2 have come in who could play important roles. not bad all things considered, but how they have been able to go 2 straight windows without adding an #10 type players is utterly bewildering.
Happy with this window ? on 17:38 - Feb 1 with 1062 viewsoldcob

Happy with this window ? on 13:23 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

Old cob

Not sure if excellent is the word .improved yes but an improvement on dogshyte does n excellent make .

He s weak and switches off as evidenced by his appalling " defending" for the Arse goal..

On positive note. Mawson is really now impressing and he s our biggest asset ,I would suggest. IMO ,he should be captain .

Ki seems content so it d be nice if he got stuck in more often

Clucas is the real surprise . He s been shocking but there again so was Clement and this is where I disagree with the All Knowing Planet Swans sage Winston when I say he destroyed more careers than BB ,who was also shocking

Anyway, it could have been worse so let's get up and at them,all the frckers

With respect Perch, I was there watching both matches, and usually one gets a better idea than watching the game on t.v. As Jasper T points out, Naughton is capable of stringing a couple or so games together only to lose form again, so whether he sustains this form is another matter.
Happy with this window ? on 18:35 - Feb 1 with 1030 viewsjack2jack

Given that most of us including myself was expecting fook all,it's better than nothing.Messa head was obviously else where,so we have King.AA is another option in attack.Look we all know we need cover at RB and for what ever reason that position seems to be overlooked time after time. As Hammy said above CC is starting to get a tune out of our players, on the face of it he seems happy,so I'm happy,a lot happier than I was before Christmas, I thought we were doomed,now there is optimism, a new lease of life,let's hope our good run continues.
It's not an amazing window,never was going to be in truth,so let's back the lads and crack on.
Happy with this window ? on 18:45 - Feb 1 with 1017 viewsspikeee

My lad reckons getting Ayew back means we can run one ragged for a half then the other one come out for second half and do the same without using a sub !
Happy with this window ? on 19:13 - Feb 1 with 999 viewsperchrockjack

With equal respect TV transmits what is seen by the human eye at games

I accept your point though as there is a greater perspective when at a game.

However, Naughton often fails to pick up his man and that s seen live or on TV

Lovely change though and thanks .. You can teach many on here how do do it

Happy with this window ? on 19:28 - Feb 1 with 977 viewsoldcob

Happy with this window ? on 19:13 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

With equal respect TV transmits what is seen by the human eye at games

I accept your point though as there is a greater perspective when at a game.

However, Naughton often fails to pick up his man and that s seen live or on TV

Lovely change though and thanks .. You can teach many on here how do do it

He's still no where near what I'd like as a RB, but I have to say I think he's played well last couple of games, and IF he continued to play in such manner I'd be happy.
Happy with this window ? on 19:33 - Feb 1 with 974 viewsswan_si

Happy with this window ? on 07:42 - Feb 1 by BigPhilG

Far from happy, we needed full backs desperately and yet again another window where the yanks haven't put any money in themselves. Do they really think we can't do our maths ?

I asked this question on another thread (as yet no reply).
IF the "yanks" put some of their money in, would the trust with 21.1% share holding be expected to make a contribution?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024