Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with this window ? 06:36 - Feb 1 with 6134 viewsSTID2017

Overall I am happy that we have brought in two players with solid PL experience, whilst not selling any of ours.
Despite all the talk about Alfie and Ki going, they are still here, whilst the only player who has left us (on loan) is Mesa, who is as yet an unknown quantity for us.
West Ham signed a forward from Preston for £10 milion, the type of signing if we had made there would be uproar.
Also with all the talk about how the owners weren't spending anything, I feared we'd see no one in this window.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:59 - Feb 1 with 3666 viewsPawelAbbott

It wasn't the worst transfer window but certainly not a great one.
It did show that nothing had been done in advance of it opening when clearly there and been issues for month.
Huw's aversion to signing full backs was maintained.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 8:28]
Happy with this window ? on 07:11 - Feb 1 with 3626 viewsDr_Winston

Ultimately we needed more quality going forward, which Ayew the Elder should bring us. Suspect the King deal was down more to availability after Schurrle fell through.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Happy with this window ? on 07:13 - Feb 1 with 3611 viewsswan65split

Happy that Mawson or any one else has gone yes
Ayew, just hope it works for us , but with the Lumpers having trouble with Carrol injured , why leave him go?

also hope none of us has bought a Red Herring instead of Pichards
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 7:15]
Happy with this window ? on 07:14 - Feb 1 with 3610 viewsjackeinstein

Can’t agree with you there, a lazy buy with Ayew who’s done nothing at West Ham, and apparently has only lost 2 million in value they must be laughing at us. Andy King no disrespect but if we were in the championship he may be a reasonable addition.
So to recap we’ve let Mesa and McBurnie go on loan covering at least Kings wages and signed Ayew. So the extra 10 million was to put to a lung busting 8 to start with, how anyone can think that is a successful window is belonged me, would you still be saying that if our superb recent results had been poor?
Happy with this window ? on 07:26 - Feb 1 with 3535 viewsAnotherJohn

This reminds me of the last window where some of us were trying to sound positive while not really believing it. There are again yawning gaps with no creative midfielder or full back coming in. King, as others have said above, is not EPL quality. Ayew may rediscover his form, but - as with last time - everything is pinned on a gamble. It is the Huw way.
Happy with this window ? on 07:28 - Feb 1 with 3525 viewsswans11

would have liked at least some sort cover at left back. How do we line up now with both ayews not going change from 5 3 2 don't think so who going drop out harsh if it's dyer he has played well last 2 games
Happy with this window ? on 07:37 - Feb 1 with 3482 viewsWhiterockin

With the arrival of Ayew and the formation we are now playing I can't see any of our summer imports Bony/Tammy/Sanches starting even when fit. I don't see Bony closing down with the energy of either Ayew.
Happy with this window ? on 07:42 - Feb 1 with 3456 viewsBigPhilG

Happy with this window ? on 07:26 - Feb 1 by AnotherJohn

This reminds me of the last window where some of us were trying to sound positive while not really believing it. There are again yawning gaps with no creative midfielder or full back coming in. King, as others have said above, is not EPL quality. Ayew may rediscover his form, but - as with last time - everything is pinned on a gamble. It is the Huw way.

Far from happy, we needed full backs desperately and yet again another window where the yanks haven't put any money in themselves. Do they really think we can't do our maths ?
Login to get fewer ads

Happy with this window ? on 07:45 - Feb 1 with 3439 viewsPrivate_Partz

It's another poor, late and uninspiring window.
King may be needed as we have got rid of Mesa but this could easily turn out as a downgrade although, if he is box to box, then he may fit in.
Ayew was always a problem here as we never knew how to play him. Hopefully Carlos has some ideas.
Whatever it is another massive gamble and just goes to show we are not casting our net widely but waiting for agents to come to us and looking at ex players or those we have seen in the Euros playing for Wales.
With all the work Carlos and the team have done I was hoping, just for once, that we would have brought in playersn who can improve the squad.
This has not been achieved. We have overspent on Ayew and underspent overall.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Happy with this window ? on 07:47 - Feb 1 with 3423 viewskarnataka

I'm only happy from the point of view that I didn't think we would actually sign anybody this window.
Happy with this window ? on 07:50 - Feb 1 with 3406 viewsawayjack

Happy with this window ? on 07:45 - Feb 1 by Private_Partz

It's another poor, late and uninspiring window.
King may be needed as we have got rid of Mesa but this could easily turn out as a downgrade although, if he is box to box, then he may fit in.
Ayew was always a problem here as we never knew how to play him. Hopefully Carlos has some ideas.
Whatever it is another massive gamble and just goes to show we are not casting our net widely but waiting for agents to come to us and looking at ex players or those we have seen in the Euros playing for Wales.
With all the work Carlos and the team have done I was hoping, just for once, that we would have brought in playersn who can improve the squad.
This has not been achieved. We have overspent on Ayew and underspent overall.

This. Also I think they are treating fans more and more as mugs. Put out some stories on top quality targets to keep them quiet, then leave it very late to sign old players or championship quality to cover the loss of higher wage players. No way CC had any of his targets. Another dreadful DOF window. What does he do for his huge pay?
Happy with this window ? on 07:53 - Feb 1 with 3391 viewsLandore_Jack

No RB which was disappointing.

#backtojack

Happy with this window ? on 08:03 - Feb 1 with 3335 views34dfgdf54

Nope, another poor window in my eyes.

Yet again no right back or left back, no creativity in midfield (I class Ayew as a striker). Ayew’s an upgrade on Tammy granted, but we still needed two more, the recent form doesn’t change that.
Happy with this window ? on 08:28 - Feb 1 with 3225 viewsPegojack

I'm extremely disappointed that Andre Ayew doesn't have dreadlocks and therefore doesn't fit in with Gonzo's usual critieria - yes, OK, he's black, he's a former player and he's scored against us, but that's not the point.
Happy with this window ? on 08:30 - Feb 1 with 3207 viewsScotia

I think it's just another HJ special, he's signed players he's familiar with without addressing what we needed at the start of the window.

We've paid too much for Andre and is King really an improvement on the midfield we had at the start of the window?

We needed creativity in the Summer window and still need creativity now.
Happy with this window ? on 08:31 - Feb 1 with 3194 viewsPawelAbbott

It was a window that really makes you question whether we are getting value for money from our £10k a week Director of Football.
Happy with this window ? on 08:33 - Feb 1 with 3175 views34dfgdf54

Happy with this window ? on 08:31 - Feb 1 by PawelAbbott

It was a window that really makes you question whether we are getting value for money from our £10k a week Director of Football.

This will be his last I think.
Happy with this window ? on 08:39 - Feb 1 with 3132 viewsHeadmaster

Happy with this window ? on 08:33 - Feb 1 by 34dfgdf54

This will be his last I think.

Hopefully. He's ruined the reputation of this club to the point where players didn't want to sign for us. I fully expect, if he stays, we'll be in the exact same position next season. We can't let that happen.
Happy with this window ? on 08:40 - Feb 1 with 3122 viewsMorfa_Same

I think Ayew will improve us so not a disaster, but we've overpaid given his form at West Ham. I expect he will also be one of our highest wage earners. I wish we'd stop this lazy fixation with targeting ex players and actually show some planning in our recruitment. This transfer window has Huw Jenkins written all over it. AGAIN.

King is a championship player and a downgrade on Mesa, who wasn't particularly good himself. We've failed to address the other weaknesses as others have said. Did we even try to sign a rightback?
Happy with this window ? on 08:42 - Feb 1 with 3111 viewssainthelens

Really needed a RB, but I've faith in Conor Roberts if not too much in Naughton. On the face of it, with Bony... Tammy...Ayewx2.....you hope there's enough goals to do the job. With Clucas finding form, again you just have to hope that Andy King can add a goal or 3 from midfield. Used the word ' hope's a lot, but the Jackal is working miracles so far......and he's the one I've faith in most of all. None of us can be totally sure if it was a ' good' window, cos nobody saw 6 points last 2 games.
Happy with this window ? on 08:42 - Feb 1 with 3111 viewsyescomeon

Got everything crossed the return of ayew doesn't end up like the return of bony. Neither offer good value for money aren't the kind of smart business we should be doing.

Upthecity!

Happy with this window ? on 08:56 - Feb 1 with 3030 viewsJinxy

For me, Andre Ayew suits 5-a-side football. The positive is that he works hard, and has skill. The downside is that he's all over the place and seemingly cannot adhere to a plan. For every opportunity he creates for himself, many more are not created because he's not in the right place at the right time perhaps. It'll be interesting to see how CC gets the best out of him (as he has done others) - personally I think A Ayew will default to an impact sub. The last thing we need right now is our shape and discipline disrupted.
Happy with this window ? on 09:29 - Feb 1 with 2924 viewsAustinIsOurHero

You can't honestly say that either of these were Carlos signing's.
Disappointing window for me that none of the problem areas in the team were addressed & we had a straight choice between King & Markovic and we chose the latter.
Baffling

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Happy with this window ? on 09:31 - Feb 1 with 2913 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Happy with this window ? on 08:42 - Feb 1 by sainthelens

Really needed a RB, but I've faith in Conor Roberts if not too much in Naughton. On the face of it, with Bony... Tammy...Ayewx2.....you hope there's enough goals to do the job. With Clucas finding form, again you just have to hope that Andy King can add a goal or 3 from midfield. Used the word ' hope's a lot, but the Jackal is working miracles so far......and he's the one I've faith in most of all. None of us can be totally sure if it was a ' good' window, cos nobody saw 6 points last 2 games.

" None of us can be totally sure if it was a ' good' window,"

Of course we can it was good in respect of not losing our best players, which most of feared could happen.
But disastrous in terms of having no new improved cover for either back and no creative mid fielder, because that is something AA is not.
Happy with this window ? on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 2851 viewsHeadmaster

The spin has begun it seems.

"Yet Carvalhal is thought to have been given the chance to have done more, or at least done it differently — and opted against it. The man who talked about signings like seafood was clear what he wanted on the menu, with club chiefs happy with his choice."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-story-swansea-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024