Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for the American Owners and H J 19:50 - Dec 2 with 11572 viewsswan65split

A couple of years ago Fans at Liverpool gave us a round of applause for our style and performance, now we are the laughing stock of the footballing fraternity , what have you got to say to the people as we drift to the next level ?
Question for the American Owners and H J on 19:52 - Dec 2 with 4798 viewswhoflungdung

And there were Posts on here stating the Scousers were being patronising !

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Question for the American Owners and H J on 19:56 - Dec 2 with 4766 viewsPhil_S

That was the first season in this decision after we held them 0-0 at Anfield. Back in the day when we had a team and a club we were proud of.

When everyone was together.
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:23 - Dec 2 with 4680 viewsbonymine

Question for the American Owners and H J on 19:56 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

That was the first season in this decision after we held them 0-0 at Anfield. Back in the day when we had a team and a club we were proud of.

When everyone was together.

Yes Phil, so sad that the Club is so dysfunctional and torn apart in these days of Premier League Football, a world apart from the days when a meeting could be called in the Harry Griffiths Bar after a game and the players and fans mixed freely.

As you say, even in the Rodgers, Laudrup days etc in the PL at least we saw a largely ‘united’ Club on and off the pitch ; fans AND Board together in a common cause until MONEY RUINED EVERYTHING with the deceitful manner in which the SHARE SALE was undertaken (i.e, no INVESTMENT taking us to the next level whatsoever you gullible people) and including a number of marriages in Swansea including my own and Martin/Louisa Morgan etc as a direct result of the sleazy, pretentious goings on at Morgan’s Hotel these past few years ......it’s not just Huw Cooze who lost out from his evenings on the lash at Morgan’s !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:27 - Dec 2 with 4655 viewsPhil_S

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:23 - Dec 2 by bonymine

Yes Phil, so sad that the Club is so dysfunctional and torn apart in these days of Premier League Football, a world apart from the days when a meeting could be called in the Harry Griffiths Bar after a game and the players and fans mixed freely.

As you say, even in the Rodgers, Laudrup days etc in the PL at least we saw a largely ‘united’ Club on and off the pitch ; fans AND Board together in a common cause until MONEY RUINED EVERYTHING with the deceitful manner in which the SHARE SALE was undertaken (i.e, no INVESTMENT taking us to the next level whatsoever you gullible people) and including a number of marriages in Swansea including my own and Martin/Louisa Morgan etc as a direct result of the sleazy, pretentious goings on at Morgan’s Hotel these past few years ......it’s not just Huw Cooze who lost out from his evenings on the lash at Morgan’s !!

You and I have conversed many times on your particular situation that unfortunately for me sums up much of what has gone wrong over the years.

I do believe as a club we have a way of getting it all back but it will need some pretty big changes and drive to make it happen. But it can be done if we work together
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:27 - Dec 2 with 4649 viewslifelong

Question for the American Owners and H J on 19:52 - Dec 2 by whoflungdung

And there were Posts on here stating the Scousers were being patronising !

Didn’t Mark Gower play in our side that day?
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:33 - Dec 2 with 4588 viewsmonmouth

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:27 - Dec 2 by lifelong

Didn’t Mark Gower play in our side that day?

Certainly did. Ballooned a golden chance over the bar from ten yards in the last minute didn't he?

Better midfielder than Fer, Carroll and Clucas rolled together was Mark though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:35 - Dec 2 with 4559 viewsunion_jack

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:27 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

You and I have conversed many times on your particular situation that unfortunately for me sums up much of what has gone wrong over the years.

I do believe as a club we have a way of getting it all back but it will need some pretty big changes and drive to make it happen. But it can be done if we work together

I hate to say it Phil, but I think we've got a lot further backwards to go before we go forward again.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:39 - Dec 2 with 4531 viewswhoflungdung

Indeed he was Rog

Blew a simple chance in from of goal .

Splattered three pigeons to death and their feathers were seen flying as far away as Bootle

I was very proud that day

Login to get fewer ads

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:40 - Dec 2 with 4511 viewsPhil_S

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:35 - Dec 2 by union_jack

I hate to say it Phil, but I think we've got a lot further backwards to go before we go forward again.

You could be right

But the first step is to stop and unite
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:43 - Dec 2 with 4471 views3swan

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:40 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

You could be right

But the first step is to stop and unite

Problem is to unite you need to have a common cause.

When the sale eventually comes, to who?

No positive vibes at the moment.

Still my/our club whatever
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:44 - Dec 2 with 4459 viewslifelong

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:39 - Dec 2 by whoflungdung

Indeed he was Rog

Blew a simple chance in from of goal .

Splattered three pigeons to death and their feathers were seen flying as far away as Bootle

I was very proud that day

Yes, I was there... he missed a chance indeed, but I tell you what he was a far better midfield player than this shower we’ve got now.
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:44 - Dec 2 with 4463 viewsPhil_S

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:43 - Dec 2 by 3swan

Problem is to unite you need to have a common cause.

When the sale eventually comes, to who?

No positive vibes at the moment.

Still my/our club whatever

We have one - the fans are the common cause.

You hit the bit at the bottom - we will be here whatever happens
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:44 - Dec 2 with 4457 viewsGaryjack

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:33 - Dec 2 by monmouth

Certainly did. Ballooned a golden chance over the bar from ten yards in the last minute didn't he?

Better midfielder than Fer, Carroll and Clucas rolled together was Mark though.

No doubt he would be Mon, combined they'd weigh about 30 odd stone!
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:48 - Dec 2 with 4404 views3swan

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:44 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

The core fans yes, but there are many who will have had their fill of live Premier and go back to the TV. Such is life.

For a common cause you still need owners that are prepared to accept that it is more than just a football club............that's the difficult part
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:49 - Dec 2 with 4395 viewsmonmouth

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:44 - Dec 2 by Garyjack

No doubt he would be Mon, combined they'd weigh about 30 odd stone!

Last I saw of Mark, he was getting there.

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:50 - Dec 2 with 4376 viewswhoflungdung

Not really agreeing Roger as I thought he was lignited .

That said, he was a good pro, a great team man and didn't hide .

You got back from Licerpool ok then.?

Anfield is much better now ,sad we won't see it again

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:50 - Dec 2 with 4371 viewsGaryjack

We had a chance of that Phil. The fans, with the trust standing in front of them. Didn't happen.
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:52 - Dec 2 with 4346 viewsPhil_S

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:50 - Dec 2 by Garyjack

We had a chance of that Phil. The fans, with the trust standing in front of them. Didn't happen.

Its never too late Gary, never too late
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:53 - Dec 2 with 4330 viewslifelong

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:50 - Dec 2 by whoflungdung

Not really agreeing Roger as I thought he was lignited .

That said, he was a good pro, a great team man and didn't hide .

You got back from Licerpool ok then.?

Anfield is much better now ,sad we won't see it again

Yes, I flew to Majorca from Liverpool airport a few years ago and thankfully all the wheels were in tact when we took off. 👍
Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:56 - Dec 2 with 4307 viewsSmellyplumz

I disagree, I don't even trust the fans anymore I mean look at what happened with the trust vote. Most of the fans still think hj is God ffs.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:56 - Dec 2 with 4302 viewsminimichu

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:49 - Dec 2 by monmouth

Last I saw of Mark, he was getting there.

Yea and he still put in a better shift than Fer.
Question for the American Owners and H J on 21:03 - Dec 2 with 4233 viewsmonmouth

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:52 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

For that, the Trust board has to unite the support as a whole and actually communicate strongly, show thought leadership, courage and decisive inspirational intervention, leading from the front. Rather than supine kowtowing to the money men and churning out bland meaningless drivel.

Seeing as I believe that's what you would want and you were effectively forced out, there's not a chance, is there?

Question for the American Owners and H J on 21:05 - Dec 2 with 4208 viewsGaryjack

Question for the American Owners and H J on 20:52 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

I've said many times Phil, that any protest or action is futile without the full public backing of the trust itself. Even if that means backing it financially and swapping seats in the directors box and giving up the seat on the club board for total war! Then the fan base will back it, but i cannot for the life of me see it happening.
Question for the American Owners and H J on 21:07 - Dec 2 with 4185 viewsPhil_S

Question for the American Owners and H J on 21:03 - Dec 2 by monmouth

For that, the Trust board has to unite the support as a whole and actually communicate strongly, show thought leadership, courage and decisive inspirational intervention, leading from the front. Rather than supine kowtowing to the money men and churning out bland meaningless drivel.

Seeing as I believe that's what you would want and you were effectively forced out, there's not a chance, is there?

Right let me go left field then.

Why does it need to be the Trust. Is there any reason why the Trust cannot do what they need to and that is be part of the governance, retain a shareholding and be the voice of the fan in the boardroom.

Are we better with a totally independent supporters group who may even represent a larger number but does not have the restraints that owning 10-20% of a football club naturally means. An independent group that can speak out on behalf of the fans and present a united viewpoint to the club, press, media and the like?

Just a thought, may be a totally crazy one
Question for the American Owners and H J on 21:12 - Dec 2 with 4154 viewsGaryjack

Question for the American Owners and H J on 21:07 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Right let me go left field then.

Why does it need to be the Trust. Is there any reason why the Trust cannot do what they need to and that is be part of the governance, retain a shareholding and be the voice of the fan in the boardroom.

Are we better with a totally independent supporters group who may even represent a larger number but does not have the restraints that owning 10-20% of a football club naturally means. An independent group that can speak out on behalf of the fans and present a united viewpoint to the club, press, media and the like?

Just a thought, may be a totally crazy one

It may work if you were the main spokesperson to the "club, press, media and the like" otherwise, not a chance in hell sorry mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024