Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Investment on the playing front 20:11 - Sep 18 with 3131 viewsDarran

Reading what Swanzay and Icey just said in another post just goes to show how shit things are on the playing front investment wise.

Ten of our starting line up toddy were here last season and when you take into consideration the "investment" from new owners,the £150million tv money and the profit we've made from Ayew and Williams the alarm bells should be going off big time.

"Where's the money gone?"
"Where's the money gone?"

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Investment on the playing front on 23:06 - Sep 18 with 491 viewsShonky

Investment on the playing front on 21:24 - Sep 18 by Swanzay

I stand by it,reality is often stranger than reality. Ash transfer was predominately done by his agent, although he wanted one last pay day also.

reality is stranger than reality? Interesting.

Its just a ride...

Investment on the playing front on 23:14 - Sep 18 with 474 viewsdobjack2

After several indifferent transferWindows we needed to strengthen certain areas.

If we had identified Joe and chadli as key to our progression we should have made serious attempts to sign them. If not those players who would cost top dollar because they are established in premier league teams players who could do a similar job.

In the end we got nobody to play in either role. Sorry we gave Nathan a 4 year contract and signed Fer who should be vying with gylfi for an attacking midfield role.

All the investment on the playing front stuff quoted in the press appears to have been smoke and mirrors from the sell out shareholders to justify selling their shares to any f*cker that would buy them. The Welsh rags were hinted to that the playing staff would have investment and they printed it as gospel. Journalism is dead, printing sound bites given to you is a lot easier. Unfortunately as many posters believed at the time it was pie in the sky stuff, even business as usual would have been fine but no we couldn't be bothered to make a serious attempt for either of them. By the way guidolin has to say he is happy with the squad, what else can he say .. Well I wanted someone to play out wide that can create chances and score 8-10 goals but the club f*cked that up so I'm left with Wayne and Jeff? Or I wanted someone to dictate the pace of the game but because the club couldn't be @rsed I'm stuck with ki?

I've seen us get relegated a lot of times, irrespective of the division a relegation side has a feel to it and it is accompanied quite often by off the pitch turmoil. This squad has that smell and needs to get its act together quickly.

Hopefully Baston can be the business up front and Mawson despite his inexperience can lead the defence. Otherwise we are in deep sh!t as we will have a repeat of the last winter transfer window.

Enough.

(Note to self when you go on the cider because you are p!ssed off with what is going on don't post it)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 0:16]
Investment on the playing front on 00:14 - Sep 19 with 434 viewsLoyal

Investment on the playing front on 21:05 - Sep 18 by builthjack

We should have easily £60-70m in the pot with transfers, investment and tv money. As Darran says, where's the money gone?

Problem is it doesn't matter how much money we have nothing can be done for 4 months.
And by then ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Investment on the playing front on 00:24 - Sep 19 with 424 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Investment on the playing front on 21:10 - Sep 18 by 3swan

I do think we could have spent some more, but serious question on the TV money.

Is it paid in installments or all at the end of the season?

Presumably like all other clubs we pay transfer fees in instalments so it shouldn't make any difference.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024