Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon 16:23 - Sep 18 with 1329 viewsshandyjack

the answer is sat on our bench, despite his age he is the on who gets his foot on the ball and makes us tick.
For me we need to play 2 wingers and too make that work we need Leon and Cork holding in midfield to allow the front 4 to play

Poll: Expectation for the season

Leon on 16:25 - Sep 18 with 1309 viewsItchySphincter

Worth a try, couldn't do any worse. Also need to stop thinking of Barrow as some kind of world beater, he's got a long way to go. Leon in for Ki, Montero or Routledge for Barrow.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leon on 16:27 - Sep 18 with 1295 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leon on 16:25 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

Worth a try, couldn't do any worse. Also need to stop thinking of Barrow as some kind of world beater, he's got a long way to go. Leon in for Ki, Montero or Routledge for Barrow.

We can't keep the ball at all now so yes please bring him in

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leon on 16:34 - Sep 18 with 1269 viewsMorfa_Same

The fact that we're even discussing Leon as a potential saviour shows how much our transfer policy has failed.
Leon on 16:39 - Sep 18 with 1242 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Age shouldn't be a factor. He should be in ahead of all 3 there today as he is a better player

Tbh I'd be happy to give Fulton a proper game too

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Leon on 16:45 - Sep 18 with 1219 viewsPozuelosSideys

The OP is right.

However, for Leon to be Leon, players around him need to move in to space and every single player needs to not boot the ball 50 yards when they get it.

Zero confidence in that team. Just look at Gylfi, wtf has happened there.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Leon on 16:49 - Sep 18 with 1194 viewsswansealad69

Leon on 16:45 - Sep 18 by PozuelosSideys

The OP is right.

However, for Leon to be Leon, players around him need to move in to space and every single player needs to not boot the ball 50 yards when they get it.

Zero confidence in that team. Just look at Gylfi, wtf has happened there.

There is the problem right there
Britton the key?
We could have had allen back who is the perfect player to step up but huw fuc#ed it up
Can we realy rely on britton to pull us out off this?or infact roughts montero for that mater
We are very thin on players who can make a difference
Leon on 17:34 - Sep 18 with 1138 viewsJango

Everytime we played Leon and cork in the same team last year we were awful. I agree Leon would make a difference but playing 2 holding midfielders is not the answer. Playing the one holding midfielder just sitting in front of the back four is when we've had our most success over the years, with 2 out and out wingers hugging the touch line. Our failure to buy a better winger this summer is a nightmare
N/A. on 17:39 - Sep 18 with 1124 viewsHuw57

Leon on 17:34 - Sep 18 by Jango

Everytime we played Leon and cork in the same team last year we were awful. I agree Leon would make a difference but playing 2 holding midfielders is not the answer. Playing the one holding midfielder just sitting in front of the back four is when we've had our most success over the years, with 2 out and out wingers hugging the touch line. Our failure to buy a better winger this summer is a nightmare

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:31]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Login to get fewer ads

Leon on 17:41 - Sep 18 with 1111 viewsAngelRangelQS

Dropping Leon never ends well for managers.

Cork isn't fit to clean Leon's boots
Leon on 17:51 - Sep 18 with 1080 viewsjojaca

Leon on 17:41 - Sep 18 by AngelRangelQS

I'm afraid he is too old to be the saviour. We needed whole sale changes this summer and we only changed our forwards.

Even when you know, you never know?

Leon on 18:02 - Sep 18 with 1037 viewsblaine_scfc

It was an absolute must we signed Joey Allen. He was the player we needed, I don't think there is any coincidence that Ash wanted out as soon as he went to Stoke.

You could put either Leon or Joey in a phone box, Cork still wouldn't get the ball off them. Slow in possession, outmuscled too easily for his size, no quality whatsoever.
Leon on 22:22 - Sep 18 with 864 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Leon on 17:51 - Sep 18 by jojaca

I'm afraid he is too old to be the saviour. We needed whole sale changes this summer and we only changed our forwards.

We're not asking for him to be the saviour, but it's clear to many of us that at this moment in time he is the best player to play in that position in our team. Take age out of it.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Leon on 22:38 - Sep 18 with 825 viewsGriffting

I honestly think that Leon isn't favoured due to his height. I think FG likes tall midfielders and defenders, a taller team in general. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a 'characteristic' talked about in the scouting process this summer.
And people stating that it's bad that we are looking at him as a 'saviour'.. Gareth Barry is 34/35 and he is still at the heart of evertons midfield playing every minute. Plus, it's not really a saviour, we are in desperate need of some experience on the pitch and no better than to look to one of the most calming influences that we've had in midfield possible ever. He could do no worse that what I saw today.
Leon on 22:46 - Sep 18 with 811 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon on 17:34 - Sep 18 by Jango

This is not true. Monk refused to play both but Curt and Frankie did after he was sacked and it was the start of our revival. The football was not great but we stopped leaking goals. We need to consider this again as we have failed to improve our midfield and the ones we have are off form. At least I hope it is lack if form and not a refusal to play for the manager. If the latter is true then those player will feel the full wrath of the crowd at the Liberty.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon on 22:50 - Sep 18 with 799 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cork simply isn't a Leon type DMF. You're right he isn't as good either but we need tempo and a quicker passing game and none o those out there today weren't capable.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024