Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alberto P 05:20 - Apr 3 with 6930 viewsZut_Alors

He's got a great touch, hasn't he. Some of his passes on the counter are brilliant too. Would like to see him get into better positions for shooting opportunities — although, that could be as much down to our build up play as anything — as he only seems to have one or two shots a game.

He hasn't really impressed me at the Liberty yet, but away from home he's been pretty good. Think we'll still need a new No.1 striker in the summer, but he's looking good as a bench option.

Anyone think he could cover Glyfi at No.10? I feel we're a bit short for cover in that position, especially if Ayew goes in the summer. But at the same time, I'd much rather us spend for a striker, CB, wide player and 1, possibly 2, full backs.
Alberto P on 11:27 - Apr 3 with 1776 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alberto P on 11:24 - Apr 3 by jack_lord

The comment about not being bullied is right. Funny, in an ironic sense, that some of the Stoke fans on the Oatcake site were saying that we are the dirtiest side they had seen and that the ref was awful letting us get away with murder.

From Stoke Fans.......

Say that to any one of us in Laud r up/Brodge/Waiter days and the response would have been "there must have been a hole in the space/time continuum".

The parallel universe theorem must have it's merits after all....................
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 11:28]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Alberto P on 11:35 - Apr 3 with 1755 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alberto P on 11:08 - Apr 3 by Private_Partz

Spot on. I can't understand the criticism of FG when he has done exactly what he said he was going to do. I.e not change the system as there was not enough time. Had we stood toe to toe with these sides as Monk was trying to do then the slide downwards could have easily continued.
Once we get another three points, or are mathematically safe, I reckon we will see some experimentation.
With relegation now seeming very unlikely I would like to see Modo and Jeff start against Chelsea but I can understand the professionals still wanting to make safety a certainty first.

To be fair if we defend against Chelsea the way we did against Stoke and it will be another 6 niller. We should occupy their full backs with our wingers, routs first of all then Jeff from 55-60 mins onwards. Barrow hopefully young enough to go full pelt hassling/harrying all game. Kingsley for Taylor, Naughton for Rangel and Amat for FF.

Cork Fer Siggy and AP up front. We probably will lose but we would with the diamond anyway......

At least we'll give it a good go.

Alberto P on 11:37 - Apr 3 with 1745 viewsicecoldjack

Alberto P on 11:27 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Say that to any one of us in Laud r up/Brodge/Waiter days and the response would have been "there must have been a hole in the space/time continuum".

The parallel universe theorem must have it's merits after all....................
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 11:28]

I thought that when they signed Bojan!

If ever there was a player that had "swanselona" written all over him! i think we could have had him if Laudrup was here too,he probably would have jumped at the chance to play for a guy he could still learn plenty from.

Mark hughes has done a great job with changing their style in fairness.
Alberto P on 11:37 - Apr 3 with 1744 viewsjasper_T

Alberto P on 10:05 - Apr 3 by Starsky

Is it me or have most on here preferring safety play to the previous Swansea way?
I think I'm in a minority and perhaps I'm in the wrong but the first 60 minutes against Stoke bored the shyte out of me. It's not the Swansea City that I want to pursue much longer.

A diamond isn't inherently "safe" compared to the Premier League standard formation with its lone striker and two holding midfielders. We just don't have the kind of players to use it in an attacking fashion.
Alberto P on 11:42 - Apr 3 with 1719 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alberto P on 11:37 - Apr 3 by icecoldjack

I thought that when they signed Bojan!

If ever there was a player that had "swanselona" written all over him! i think we could have had him if Laudrup was here too,he probably would have jumped at the chance to play for a guy he could still learn plenty from.

Mark hughes has done a great job with changing their style in fairness.

My heart just sank reading that. Golden opportunities missed and all that......

Would love to see a Bojan type from Italy here next season. Guidolin must know quite a lot of the young talented players over there. I get the feeling he could just surprise us all if he stays next season. Especially if we have a decent start and are not looking over our shoulders all of the time
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 11:43]

Alberto P on 12:43 - Apr 3 with 1639 viewsPrivate_Partz

Alberto P on 11:35 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair if we defend against Chelsea the way we did against Stoke and it will be another 6 niller. We should occupy their full backs with our wingers, routs first of all then Jeff from 55-60 mins onwards. Barrow hopefully young enough to go full pelt hassling/harrying all game. Kingsley for Taylor, Naughton for Rangel and Amat for FF.

Cork Fer Siggy and AP up front. We probably will lose but we would with the diamond anyway......

At least we'll give it a good go.

We gave away two very poor goals at Stoke. Other than that we defended well. The Gog was moaning we only had two efforts on target whereas they only had three. We have won virtually all our way matches with the oppo having more chances than Stoke did yesterday.
At home we are going to have more possession. I supect we will only see one winger starting though. Be it Routs, Modo or Jeff. We might very well start again with Leon and Corky (injuries permitting).
Don't get me wrong. I want to see us experimenting and preparing for the new season now. Provided safety is assured I will be happy with a string of brilliant 4-3 defeats as work towards getting the balance right and moulding the team in a FG style.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Alberto P on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 1564 viewsGriffting

Some of his lay offs on the counter were absolutely class yesterday. Often right into the path of one of our players not even having to break stride. Really helped us on the counter a lot. Liked his turn with the back to goal and not afraid to have a pop which is what we need. Hasn't played to great at home but then who has?? I'm sure he'll adapt to the prem, hopefully add some physical presence to his game as well. He's not exactly small but maybe beefing out a little bit would help him I think.
Alberto P on 14:16 - Apr 3 with 1528 viewsEbo

I'd love to see this fella play with Joe Allen supplying him.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

Alberto P on 14:18 - Apr 3 with 1525 viewsEbo

Alberto P on 11:42 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Would love to see a Bojan type from Italy here next season. Guidolin must know quite a lot of the young talented players over there. I get the feeling he could just surprise us all if he stays next season. Especially if we have a decent start and are not looking over our shoulders all of the time

Bojan would be perfect for us and Affelay. Both played well at Barcelona and Bojan was usually a sub there but scored a few when he came on. Didn't work out for him in Italy but fair play to Sparky for signing them as that shows a sign of intent and ambition.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Alberto P on 14:21 - Apr 3 with 1521 viewsDr_Winston

Alberto P on 11:42 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

He's good but he's no Marvin Emnes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alberto P on 00:43 - Apr 4 with 1346 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alberto P on 13:49 - Apr 3 by Griffting

Some of his lay offs on the counter were absolutely class yesterday. Often right into the path of one of our players not even having to break stride. Really helped us on the counter a lot. Liked his turn with the back to goal and not afraid to have a pop which is what we need. Hasn't played to great at home but then who has?? I'm sure he'll adapt to the prem, hopefully add some physical presence to his game as well. He's not exactly small but maybe beefing out a little bit would help him I think.

If there's ONE thing above all others that dies my Sweden in its watching players passing the ball behind runners or runners having to slow down in order to make the most of a crap pass. Inexcusable at any level let alone PL

Alberto P on 05:37 - Apr 4 with 1283 viewsGriffting

Alberto P on 00:43 - Apr 4 by Brynmill_Jack

If there's ONE thing above all others that dies my Sweden in its watching players passing the ball behind runners or runners having to slow down in order to make the most of a crap pass. Inexcusable at any level let alone PL

Unfortunately, it does happen. Gomis does it a bit too often! I agree, especially with minimal pressure, because it's usually lack of concentration and/or just plain sloppiness. The good thing about palo is I don't think those things are going to used in relation to him very often.

Ps I think 'dies my Sweden' could really catch on.
Alberto P on 08:15 - Apr 4 with 1230 viewsSwansNZ

Alberto P on 09:34 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Are you saying our diamond isn't even a proper diamond? How very dare you.

KoL: l know, gaffer in the suit, lets play the diamond.
GM: What's that then Krissy boy...is it 4-4-2
KoL: F**k knows but I saw some dutch geezer, Crufts or something, on you tube on that pc you got me talking about it.
GM: Yeah, ok lets do it. Four-Four-F***ing Diamond

We play the Cubic zirconia formation.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024