Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form since Guidolin has taken charge 08:20 - Mar 3 with 9368 viewsZut_Alors

Arsenal 1-2 Swansea City
Tottenham 2-1 Swansea City
Swansea City 0-1 Southampton
Swansea City 1-1 Crystal Palace
West Bromwich 1-1 Swansea City
Everton 1-2 Swansea City

He's done well, hasn't he. 8 points from 6 games. 1.33 points per game. That form across a full season puts you at 50 points and almost guarantees a top half finish.

The football hasn't exactly been inspiring, but he came in at a tough time. Have to say, too, Curt deserves a hell of a lot of credit. Stay up this year and surely there should be some sort of tribute to Mr Curtis.

Onwards we go — let's sink the Canaries on Saturday.

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 22:14 - Mar 4 with 1438 viewsbonymine

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 21:05 - Mar 4 by max936

Curt looked a lot better than he was looking when he was solely in charge, the strain of it all has clearly lifted and he had his mojo back on Wednesday, to see all the backroom staff jumping up in unison was great to see as well, just what we now, togetherness, Guidolin will have benefitted from the break to, if we can win tomorrow the difference in everyone there will show and the freedom in the players will come out.
That makes tomorrow massive.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY JACKS.

Agree totally.

Initially, I think Curt was thrown the proverbial 'hospital pass' from Jenkins & Morgan as they couldn't appoint anybody else 'higher profile' and as ever Curt would never say no to the Swans and let us down so he took the job.

Curt and his wife/family are such warm, down to earth and modest people that he was almost embarrassed to be given the job till the end of the season in the first place. It's just not his style, he's quite a shy, albeit legend of a footballer, happy with his life in Mumbles outside of the Swans too.

That in itself, given our precarious position at the time, was a huge pressure of it's own but
I think that the interim period with Guidolin being appointed has seen Curt re-evaluate his own managerial qualities and perhaps realise his own potential as a Manager and engage in the self-belief that he was up to the job after all.

I most certainly see that in his latest press conferences in which he exudes an air of confidence most certainly lacking earlier on in our season.

I am not for one minute suggesting that we get rid of Guidolin but I honestly do feel that Curt has a lot more to offer than many (and even himself) would have you believe !!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 1369 viewstrampie

Where would the Swans be without Curt this season ?, he turned us around after Monk, guided Guido in his early games and has had to take the reigns pitchside due to Guido's illness during our wins over Arsenal and Norwich.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 17:49 - Mar 5 with 1333 viewsOldjack

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 17:26 - Mar 5 by trampie

Where would the Swans be without Curt this season ?, he turned us around after Monk, guided Guido in his early games and has had to take the reigns pitchside due to Guido's illness during our wins over Arsenal and Norwich.

I'm hoping it's a joint venture otherwise Franco's days are numbered

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 17:50 - Mar 5 with 1331 viewsjackedup

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 21:54 - Mar 4 by Wingstandwood

I think on the same lines! Playing in a relegation struggle at times when confidence is low and when expansive open attacking football becomes severely restricted because of player/management anxiety and a collective safety first mindset?...........That has to make the team under perform getting less than satisfactory results in the process!

A SCFC team that is higher up the table with a safety net of 10 + points separating it from the relegation zone will be IMO be a lot more like revered SCFC teams of the past. Nothing at all like the incompetent latter Monk/ coaching team era calamity and subsequent hang-over. Only now are the team getting over Monk era de-programming!

I have to question how perceptive someone is when they say that Guidolin hasn't done much.

Guidolin tried to make the players try hard to win the ball, and for the first hour or so, this tactic was working well in most of the matches. But it should have been obvious that the current below-average level of fitness that the players have meant that they couldn't sustain this over 90 minutes and maybe the hard exertions over the first hour made them more vulnerable to a late match collapse.

Guidolin observed this even in his first match in charge, when he said that Swansea played very well for one hour against Everton; and all of us can remember how Swansea had virtually no possession in the last thirty minutes and couldn't get out of their own half while Delofeu was crossing ball after ball into dangerous areas.

No matter how good a manager is, he has to consider the current situation of the players, and it should be very obvious that Guidolin has had to compromise his tactics. Changing six regulars on Wednesday was probably deemed necessary in order to keep Swansea fresh enough for today's must-win game.

Of course many of these problems can be addressed only during the off-season and pre-season. But if I were Guidolin, I'd get myself a better conditioning coach as soon as the season is over.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 21:29 - Mar 5 with 1253 viewsjeza739

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 17:50 - Mar 5 by jackedup

I have to question how perceptive someone is when they say that Guidolin hasn't done much.

Guidolin tried to make the players try hard to win the ball, and for the first hour or so, this tactic was working well in most of the matches. But it should have been obvious that the current below-average level of fitness that the players have meant that they couldn't sustain this over 90 minutes and maybe the hard exertions over the first hour made them more vulnerable to a late match collapse.

Guidolin observed this even in his first match in charge, when he said that Swansea played very well for one hour against Everton; and all of us can remember how Swansea had virtually no possession in the last thirty minutes and couldn't get out of their own half while Delofeu was crossing ball after ball into dangerous areas.

No matter how good a manager is, he has to consider the current situation of the players, and it should be very obvious that Guidolin has had to compromise his tactics. Changing six regulars on Wednesday was probably deemed necessary in order to keep Swansea fresh enough for today's must-win game.

Of course many of these problems can be addressed only during the off-season and pre-season. But if I were Guidolin, I'd get myself a better conditioning coach as soon as the season is over.

Top post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024