Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise 06:04 - May 13 with 4551 viewsBig_Phil

Impressive as ever from our great Chairman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/11601125/Swansea-Ci

Its interesting to me that he pretty much confirms that he's in charge of transfers - I guess we've always known that!

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 06:19 - May 13 with 4516 viewsdgt73

Good news that Garry monk is getting a new contract, It's fully deserved.
As for Sir Huw - if people think he's picking the players which the club buy, they must be barking.
Overseas the recruitment I.e transfer fee, wages, etc.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 06:21 - May 13 with 4517 viewsDr_Winston

Nice about face from the "we need investment to compete" stuff too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 06:34 - May 13 with 4483 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 06:21 - May 13 by Dr_Winston

Nice about face from the "we need investment to compete" stuff too.

Yeah, on the surface. But really not an about face so much as communicating to a different group.

He's basically talking about what he has done with the resources he's had to get this far. That's not mutually exclusive of needing investment, in my opinion.

In any case, he'll get everything he needs in another year.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 09:39 - May 13 with 4130 viewsDewi1jack

Pretty good article.
Maybe not everyone hates us after all.
Just Stoke RFC, Cheesestrings, Arsole Whinger and every other manager we've beaten this season (it's because we were better- not you having an off day at the office!)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 09:48 - May 13 with 4098 viewsperchrockjack

We re a weird club in many ways and certainly fail to read scripts, this years best was our failure to go to OLD Trafford for van gaal s coronation.

We went over to Liverpool yesterday to get a new fridge freezer. Simple enough task, but was wearing a swans t shirt and the owner of the shop -a red and his wife ,a blue ,made it a longer morning than it was envisaged.

We got talking about football and of course arse were the subject of discourse immediately. Nothing but respect for us from both and as IVE SAID BEFORE we re seen, by fans anyway, as a tricky,clever team and a complete pain in the arse who you can take no liberties with.

I got a fair discount too, free installation, doors reversed and had two rather decent cups of coffee while Lady Perch got her handbag out

HAVE TO SAY, Rodgers not that well regarded it would seem.

Still feck em red and blue

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 10:32 - May 13 with 4015 viewslibertine

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 09:48 - May 13 by perchrockjack

We re a weird club in many ways and certainly fail to read scripts, this years best was our failure to go to OLD Trafford for van gaal s coronation.

We went over to Liverpool yesterday to get a new fridge freezer. Simple enough task, but was wearing a swans t shirt and the owner of the shop -a red and his wife ,a blue ,made it a longer morning than it was envisaged.

We got talking about football and of course arse were the subject of discourse immediately. Nothing but respect for us from both and as IVE SAID BEFORE we re seen, by fans anyway, as a tricky,clever team and a complete pain in the arse who you can take no liberties with.

I got a fair discount too, free installation, doors reversed and had two rather decent cups of coffee while Lady Perch got her handbag out

can you elaborate on the brodge

mr perch
Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 10:48 - May 13 with 3975 viewsAnotherJohn

Huw has done a fantastic job and if there were a transfer market for Chairmen we would be struggling to keep him. My one worry is that if we want to stay a top ten club then the days of really keen bargains and bottom-third wages may not be enough. We must be prudent and focus on value-for-money, yes. However, the Bony deal that according to rumour was too expensive to ever happen again, actually brought us a big profit, and I'd say we must not be afraid of the occasional deal like that in the future. In fact, Huw has invested heavily in Gomis so it may be a case of looking at what he does rather than being too literal in interpreting what he says.
Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 10:49 - May 13 with 3975 viewsDarran

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 09:48 - May 13 by perchrockjack

Rodgers is a lovely fella and I like him a lot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 10:52 - May 13 with 3964 viewsmonmouth

I'd be surprised if the WHU rumours don't have some legs, although I think the Moyser is now in the frame....they like their dinosaurs down there.

Good comments from Jenks but I admit I am still coloured by Yankgate and it's ringing a little bit as a PR friendly mythical backstory (ie a 'choice' fashioned by hindsight) now, despite being true in substance. Good article though, reflects well on the club so can't ask for much more.
[Post edited 13 May 2015 10:52]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 11:17 - May 13 with 3913 viewsPegojack

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 09:39 - May 13 by Dewi1jack

Pretty good article.
Maybe not everyone hates us after all.
Just Stoke RFC, Cheesestrings, Arsole Whinger and every other manager we've beaten this season (it's because we were better- not you having an off day at the office!)

Excuse my ignorance, who's cheesestrings?
Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 11:26 - May 13 with 3897 views100onZero

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 11:17 - May 13 by Pegojack

Excuse my ignorance, who's cheesestrings?

Van Gall. Sour graped tw@t.
Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 11:32 - May 13 with 3876 viewsPegojack

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 11:26 - May 13 by 100onZero

Van Gall. Sour graped tw@t.

I'm still not getting it. Why Cheesestrings? I could understand 'Hit with a Shovel Face'.
Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 13:05 - May 13 with 3727 viewsDafyddHuw

Sir Huw speaks....and Garry's getting a pay rise on 10:48 - May 13 by AnotherJohn

Huw has done a fantastic job and if there were a transfer market for Chairmen we would be struggling to keep him. My one worry is that if we want to stay a top ten club then the days of really keen bargains and bottom-third wages may not be enough. We must be prudent and focus on value-for-money, yes. However, the Bony deal that according to rumour was too expensive to ever happen again, actually brought us a big profit, and I'd say we must not be afraid of the occasional deal like that in the future. In fact, Huw has invested heavily in Gomis so it may be a case of looking at what he does rather than being too literal in interpreting what he says.

The Bony deal - been saying the same thing to anyone who listens for months.
Nowt wrong in spending a frightening amount of money on class, cos you know that you'll get it back and more when they inevitably move on to bigger clubs.
We won't always get it right, and when we don't we'll catch a severe cold, but it's defo the way to do it. Trick is to keep the mistakes down to a minimum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024