Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Mclean 00:15 - Nov 8 with 36628 viewsScotia

This guy is a disgrace. Perhaps he should play in the league of Ireland if his feelings are that strong.
I would not want anyone with this stance playing for the swans, ever.
James Mclean on 09:36 - Nov 8 with 2591 viewsdgt73

James Mclean on 09:14 - Nov 8 by Jackfath

Yes.

Let others get on with their lives and opinions. He's (or his agent has) made a statement to explain his reasons. Whether one believes he is right or wrong is up to the individual.

Let him get on with his "protest" in peace, and if one chooses to do so, remember the fallen in the appropriate manner.

What about people leaving the liberty early.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

James Mclean on 09:36 - Nov 8 with 2591 viewsKilkennyjack

I wear a poppy for the fallen. I don't wear a poppy for the fat politicians who sent brave young men to wars and their premature deaths. Thats who i remember. However it is a decision for each individual. Thats what freedom gives you - the right to decide yourself.

Beware of the Risen People

James Mclean on 09:38 - Nov 8 with 2577 viewsDarran

Well personally I think McLean is a f*cking c*nt but one thing nobody can deny is that the whole Poppy situation is getting more out of control every year.

That'll obviously irritate a few but if everyone's honest they'll agree

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Mclean on 09:49 - Nov 8 with 2552 viewsmagicdaps10

Read that letter of his and yes he gets his points across but let me tell you this from someone who is married to a Irish gal.

If we went over there and went against their views and beliefs then you would get slaughtered and hounded out.
Have you ever heard the saying when in rome!? Trouble is, many people, places and countries are quick to stand by this saying but yet in the UK we accept others views and beliefs and do the political thing straight off. The lad might not be alive today if it were not for those men in the war and he is plying his trade in our church as to say so swallow your pride and show some respect to these men and the country to where you get a superb pay and a fantastic life.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

James Mclean on 09:52 - Nov 8 with 2536 viewsperchrockjack

Poppies are symbols of all who have died in wars.

Now then, how does that disrespect those who were killed in bloody sunday..
Its simply a case of IRISH REPUBLICANS not wanting to be seen as fighting on the same side as the Brits

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Mclean on 09:53 - Nov 8 with 2544 viewsepaul

I personally wear a white poppy. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for those that served and gave their lives fighting facism to give us the freedoms we have today. Which includes each perdons individual decision to wear one or notj

Sadly though the poppy has become a political tool, the vile scum that is Britians First jumping on the bandwagon for starters and manipulating it's meaning to which the RBL are not happy about

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

James Mclean on 09:58 - Nov 8 with 2529 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 09:31 - Nov 8 by dgt73

If the British were so evil how come so many former colonies want to remain part of the commonwealth, maybe just maybe the British were not as bad as some would like to make out.

Or maybe these people who wish to remain part of the commonwealth were not alive when this happened, are not aware of their history and only see the economic benefits that the commonwealth brings. Or maybe, like Australia for example, the actions of the British were so awful, that they decimated a large percentage of the population of indigenous people, so the people voting for the commonwealth are relatives of brits who settled there?

Like I said, use Google, or better still, read some historiography by any well respected historian.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Mclean on 09:59 - Nov 8 with 2525 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 09:53 - Nov 8 by epaul

I personally wear a white poppy. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for those that served and gave their lives fighting facism to give us the freedoms we have today. Which includes each perdons individual decision to wear one or notj

Sadly though the poppy has become a political tool, the vile scum that is Britians First jumping on the bandwagon for starters and manipulating it's meaning to which the RBL are not happy about

What communist freak show does the money for these white poppies go to, Paul?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

James Mclean on 10:00 - Nov 8 with 2520 viewsDarran

James Mclean on 09:59 - Nov 8 by Lohengrin

Don't worry it's not political.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Mclean on 10:06 - Nov 8 with 2507 viewsmagicdaps10

I love all this anti British army rubbish from the Irish. The IRA were running a muck in all parts of Ireland especially NI, nothing said from the catholic lot about all the innocent army men/women killed and innocent Irish citizens killed by the IRA.

A lot of catholics dont stand by what the IRA done but many will admit it was neccesary to stand up to be republic. If Mclean wants us to live in peace then why did his fore fathers start all this trouble years gone past and stay part of the UK rather than decide to be a republic!?

Religion has a lot to answer for in my eyes.

James Mclean on 10:16 - Nov 8 with 2483 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James Mclean on 09:58 - Nov 8 by QuakerJack

Or maybe these people who wish to remain part of the commonwealth were not alive when this happened, are not aware of their history and only see the economic benefits that the commonwealth brings. Or maybe, like Australia for example, the actions of the British were so awful, that they decimated a large percentage of the population of indigenous people, so the people voting for the commonwealth are relatives of brits who settled there?

Like I said, use Google, or better still, read some historiography by any well respected historian.

India is a good case in point. The British set up the infrastructure via the railways etc and although the East India company was monstrous and eventually got so out of control it had to be curtailed by the British government there is no question that the India we see today would not exist .

Ireland and Kenya , even South Africa are the opposite ends to the argument but to say the empire was evil full stop is as unbalanced as saying it was the paramount of virtue.

I suppose the very fact that there is STILL a commonwealth and we still have good relations with nearly all of those countries must say something?

Did you also know that France wanted to join the commonwealth in the fifties, but was turned down? Now that IS a shocker!!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

James Mclean on 10:18 - Nov 8 with 2480 viewsKilkennyjack

Magicdaps10 - you do understand the concept of the right of a people to self determination don't you ? Ireland is a republic because the irish people wanted it to be a republic. About a hundred years ago.... Some might consider the USA another example ?

Beware of the Risen People

James Mclean on 10:23 - Nov 8 with 2469 viewsLohengrin

"Did you also know that France wanted to join the commonwealth in the fifties, but was turned down? Now that IS a shocker!!!! "

Discussions took place in the early '50s about the possibility of France joining the United Kingdom. Europe was in such a mess after the second war that any number of avenues out of the chaos were being explored. Likewise the British zone in Germany becoming a formal part of The UK.

James Mclean on 10:24 - Nov 8 with 2468 viewsmagicdaps10

James Mclean on 10:16 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

India is a good case in point. The British set up the infrastructure via the railways etc and although the East India company was monstrous and eventually got so out of control it had to be curtailed by the British government there is no question that the India we see today would not exist .

Ireland and Kenya , even South Africa are the opposite ends to the argument but to say the empire was evil full stop is as unbalanced as saying it was the paramount of virtue.

I suppose the very fact that there is STILL a commonwealth and we still have good relations with nearly all of those countries must say something?

Did you also know that France wanted to join the commonwealth in the fifties, but was turned down? Now that IS a shocker!!!!

A lot of these countries had no infrastructure and what was going on was unbelievable. Our army went in there to help and bring direction and peace but those angry people in those countries had a target to direct their violence and used patriotism as the excuse.

Looking back, maybe we should have stayed out and let them kill their own and see what state they would be in today without our interception. With out them knowing or even admitting, they would not have the life they have today.......................trouble is after all this, the UK are the ones who have come out of this the worse in both name and lifestyle.

James Mclean on 10:25 - Nov 8 with 2464 viewsQuakerJack

James Mclean on 10:16 - Nov 8 by Brynmill_Jack

I didn't know that Brynmill... That can't have gone down well with the majority of people in France, they're extremely proud of their Republic.

No I don't believe it was evil full stop. But in many parts of the world it still cuts deep where there may have been a bad experience of British rule, to James McLean that is the case and the poppy is, in his interpretation and that of many in his part of the world, a symbol of this. If he chooses not to wear it that's up to him, the minute he says he wants to wear a paramilitary slogan then fair enough.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Mclean on 10:26 - Nov 8 with 2256 viewsshandyjack

i wonder how many of the PL's German and Argentinian players will not wear one.
I can't understand why he wouldn't want to wear one and being a serving member of the RAF i wear mine with pride, however it must be stressed that it is not compulsory to wear one and it is personal choice.

Poll: Expectation for the season

James Mclean on 10:35 - Nov 8 with 2242 viewsepaul

James Mclean on 09:59 - Nov 8 by Lohengrin

typical response, white poppies donate peace

http://www.ppu.org.uk/participate/participatWP.html

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

James Mclean on 10:42 - Nov 8 with 2231 viewsmagicdaps10

James Mclean on 10:18 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

Magicdaps10 - you do understand the concept of the right of a people to self determination don't you ? Ireland is a republic because the irish people wanted it to be a republic. About a hundred years ago.... Some might consider the USA another example ?

The people are not always right, patriotism is not always the correct thing. Many a person will go with the stronger group rather than be outcasted or even in those days killed.

If all parties and people stuck with the act of union then many a person would not have died. I take it that your Irish? My wife is from Donegal, as you know very close to the border and the stuff i hear or have heared is unbelievable....................things that are not correct but yet these people who are decent and honest people believe are correct because its for the republic.

Make no bones about it, i couldnt care if Ireland was stand alone or not but what went on chills me. Ireland is republic thats great and im sure you are proud of it..................................was it really worth it for all those lives lost!?

James Mclean on 10:43 - Nov 8 with 2227 viewsdgt73

James Mclean on 09:58 - Nov 8 by QuakerJack

Complete and utter bull shite.

James Mclean on 10:43 - Nov 8 with 2226 viewsLohengrin

James Mclean on 10:35 - Nov 8 by epaul

typical response, white poppies donate peace

http://www.ppu.org.uk/participate/participatWP.html

November 11th is all about honouring the memory of the boys (and girls) who fought and fell for these islands, not those who ran away when the call came.

Incidentally, Paul, I'd imagine I know a fair bit more about the history of The PPU than you think I do. I've got a fair amount of their original literature from the '30s in my collection and when I derided the white poppy in my last post I did so in the full knowledge of Tippett's red, Trotskyist background.

James Mclean on 10:50 - Nov 8 with 2209 viewsDJack

James Mclean on 09:53 - Nov 8 by epaul

"I personally wear a white poppy." "Sadly though the poppy has become a political tool"

Political, white poppy, irony. I'll let you work it out.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

James Mclean on 10:51 - Nov 8 with 2201 viewsdgt73

James Mclean on 10:43 - Nov 8 by Lohengrin

November 11th is all about honouring the memory of the boys (and girls) who fought and fell for these islands, not those who ran away when the call came.

Incidentally, Paul, I'd imagine I know a fair bit more about the history of The PPU than you think I do. I've got a fair amount of their original literature from the '30s in my collection and when I derided the white poppy in my last post I did so in the full knowledge of Tippett's red, Trotskyist background.

epaul would be happy for people to fight and die against fascism, just as long as it's not him doing the fighting. #coward#

James Mclean on 10:56 - Nov 8 with 2184 viewsC_jack

I haven't worn one for years, I don't need people on the tele, or on the street to remind me that people have died in conflict.

and I certainly don't need jumped up c**ts telling me once a year to have respect for those who perished, either.

We will remember them, but we will often forget why they made the ultimate sacrifice

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

James Mclean on 10:58 - Nov 8 with 2181 viewsmax936

James Mclean on 09:38 - Nov 8 by Darran

Well personally I think McLean is a f*cking c*nt but one thing nobody can deny is that the whole Poppy situation is getting more out of control every year.

That'll obviously irritate a few but if everyone's honest they'll agree

Its once a year for a couple of weeks mun, and its the Centenary of the First World War so it was always gonna be bigger this year.

LEST WE FORGET.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

James Mclean on 11:01 - Nov 8 with 2173 viewsdgt73

James Mclean on 10:56 - Nov 8 by C_jack

I haven't worn one for years, I don't need people on the tele, or on the street to remind me that people have died in conflict.

and I certainly don't need jumped up c**ts telling me once a year to have respect for those who perished, either.

We will remember them, but we will often forget why they made the ultimate sacrifice

I don't even believe we should have got involved in the Second World War, but i still wear a poppy as a mark of respect for the ordinary young men (mostly) like myself, who died.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024