Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley williams 10:56 - Jun 1 with 12981 viewsSTEVE1

Having a medical at QPR according to the sun.
Ashley williams on 21:01 - Jun 1 with 4382 viewsjacktar

Ashley williams on 20:28 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

Difficult to know. I suspect we'll meet in the middle.

I think you're right. Personally I would prefer to see Ash here for another season or two than Caulker and probably cost us less. Amat would come into his own alongside Ash far more than he would playing alongside another youngster which is what Caulker still is after all.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Ashley williams on 21:01 - Jun 1 with 4382 viewsjaxman

Ashley williams on 11:09 - Jun 1 by Bovi

If that's true then he's doing a fcuking Sinclair and killing his career. What a tw-at, if true of course

No chance of ash going to qpr,liverpool yes but qpr no way,that would be a step down for him.
Ashley williams on 23:15 - Jun 1 with 4240 viewslondonlisa2001

Ashley williams on 16:03 - Jun 1 by Daithejack

Now I don't know for one minute if thats true but just lets say it is, would we get a better option than Ash at center back for £3m and £40k a week?

But you'd also have to bear in mind the transfer fee that we could get for him and wouldn't get if he stayed. So, if, just for argument's sake we could get £5m fee for him, then to keep him would cost £5m (lost transfer) plus £3m signing on plus £40k per week.

The question is, therefore, would we get a better option for £8m and £40k per week (just using those figs as examples and not assuming any of them are correct).

At 29 years of age - that becomes a more difficult question. Anyone coming in, of course, would likely have a signing on fee as well as a transfer fee (or may well do anyway) but it does become a bit more borderline, particularly if we give a 4 year deal - he'll be almost 34 at the end of it, so we wouldn't recoup much at that point. A new player brought in who was 24/25 would still have value at the end which also reduces the cost to us.

There are obviously non monetary reasons why we may want to keep - experience, captain, young back ups , right alternative not being available etc etc.
Ashley williams on 23:26 - Jun 1 with 4180 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I have heard that a £4m fee is agreed.

#ThankYouAsh

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ashley williams on 08:50 - Jun 2 with 3974 viewsepaul

Ok to kill all the rumours from a mate on FB

saw the skipper yesterday he here on holiday told me only club that's enquiried is Napoli said his aim is to stay a Swan ‪#‎horsesmouth‬
Unlike · · Share · @TonydaTaff on Twitter

furthermore

Ash isn't anywhere he wants to stay with us he is currently on holiday as is his agent his contract talks with us resume when he returns from his holiday this is not a rumor it's fact I spoke to him yesterday he is renting a villa that I manage same one Angel rented last year so calm down folks!!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 8:54]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ashley williams on 09:01 - Jun 2 with 3950 viewsPhil_S

Ashley williams on 08:50 - Jun 2 by epaul

saw the skipper yesterday he here on holiday told me only club that's enquiried is Napoli said his aim is to stay a Swan ‪#‎horsesmouth‬

furthermore

Ash isn't anywhere he wants to stay with us he is currently on holiday as is his agent his contract talks with us resume when he returns from his holiday this is not a rumor it's fact I spoke to him yesterday he is renting a villa that I manage same one Angel rented last year so calm down folks!!

whodhavethunkit
Ashley williams on 09:02 - Jun 2 with 3948 viewsJackSomething

Ashley williams on 23:15 - Jun 1 by londonlisa2001

But you'd also have to bear in mind the transfer fee that we could get for him and wouldn't get if he stayed. So, if, just for argument's sake we could get £5m fee for him, then to keep him would cost £5m (lost transfer) plus £3m signing on plus £40k per week.

The question is, therefore, would we get a better option for £8m and £40k per week (just using those figs as examples and not assuming any of them are correct).

At 29 years of age - that becomes a more difficult question. Anyone coming in, of course, would likely have a signing on fee as well as a transfer fee (or may well do anyway) but it does become a bit more borderline, particularly if we give a 4 year deal - he'll be almost 34 at the end of it, so we wouldn't recoup much at that point. A new player brought in who was 24/25 would still have value at the end which also reduces the cost to us.

There are obviously non monetary reasons why we may want to keep - experience, captain, young back ups , right alternative not being available etc etc.

I think the last sentence is the most important, the club have other reasons to want to keep Ash aside from his importance on the pitch.

Not that I believe he'd be heading to QPR anyway. His agent using an offer (or the rumour of an offer) to push for a better deal from the club? That I can see.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ashley williams on 09:59 - Jun 2 with 3796 viewsAl_Bundy

Think Ash would lose the captains arm band for Wales if he went to QPR
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley williams on 10:04 - Jun 2 with 3770 viewsairedale

Ashley williams on 09:59 - Jun 2 by Al_Bundy

Think Ash would lose the captains arm band for Wales if he went to QPR

Quick, Purchase Rio!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 10:04]
Ashley williams on 10:14 - Jun 2 with 3732 viewsCatullus

I didn't really think this had legs, and I was going to post the same as londonlisa.
I read a fee of 4 million was agreed, if that is our valuation (and ignoring the QPR rumour) that means 7 million plus his wage demand.
I think we could get a decent replacement for that anyway.
Now on the assumption (or belief epaul is correct) that he is staying, I am happy for him to stay. As our captain, senior player and a good defender he would be a loss.
But we do need to sign another centre half as cover. someone young, like Caulker, who will be here after Ash has finished with us. Put Caulker (or A.N.Other) in with Bartley and Amat and I think we look pretty good for a few years. Once Ash has brought them on a bit.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ashley williams on 10:31 - Jun 2 with 3652 viewsHighjack

He's not on holiday, he's in hiding because big bad Michael Chopra is after him.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ashley williams on 10:45 - Jun 2 with 3591 viewsNatterjack

Ashley williams on 08:50 - Jun 2 by epaul

furthermore

That sounds reassuring - hope you're right mate.
Ashley williams on 11:15 - Jun 2 with 3505 viewsepaul

Ashley williams on 10:45 - Jun 2 by Natterjack

That sounds reassuring - hope you're right mate.

SO do I! just remember it wasnt me it's from a pal!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ashley williams on 11:51 - Jun 2 with 3437 viewsacejack3065

If he's going to QPR its going to be worth selling him for what they will have to pay.

3 mill signing on is a bit steep, I hope he's haggling.
Ashley williams on 12:33 - Jun 2 with 3341 viewsCliffTop

Ashley williams on 10:31 - Jun 2 by Highjack

He's not on holiday, he's in hiding because big bad Michael Chopra is after him.

Chopra has deleted all those posts on Twitter now... what a knob of a man
Ashley williams on 13:34 - Jun 2 with 3046 viewschemjack

Club dismissing rumours
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-dismiss-rumours-Ashley-Will
Ashley williams on 13:49 - Jun 2 with 2983 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Ashley williams on 11:51 - Jun 2 by acejack3065

If he's going to QPR its going to be worth selling him for what they will have to pay.

3 mill signing on is a bit steep, I hope he's haggling.

If they paid over £12 million for Samba (who was about 28 or something at the time I think?), I see no reason why we shouldn't be haggling for, if not a similar fee, then a bit more than a paltry £4 million.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Ashley williams on 14:02 - Jun 2 with 2932 viewsicecoldjack

The more i Think about this the i Think we keep him this season regardless of any deal, he is worth more on the field than a few million in the bank(never thought id say that a few years ago) if we Are in a strong position NeXT january then he can negoitiate a pre contract and go for free and earn a shopping signing on fee then.

He makes his fair share of blunders on the field but all our players do thats why they play for swans not man utd etc,etc.

Overall when we look at what it costs to replace i say we sit tight, he is one of the top earners here so want go poor Even though as his agent said "he has a third kid on the way" im sure he can make ends meet on what he gets here ,at least until NeXT january.

We know what got and i feel the new season Will be difficult with us bedding in new players elsewhere in the team.

Ash works for us not the other way around,if the math dont suit us he stays put and runs his contract down,we have had our Moneies worth anyway .
Ashley williams on 14:44 - Jun 2 with 2781 viewsmonmouth

Going to be a long old summer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ashley williams on 23:04 - Jun 2 with 2481 viewsScoobyWho

Ashley williams on 14:44 - Jun 2 by monmouth

Going to be a long old summer.

Not as long as Ash's medical !
It's taken over 30 hrs so far

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ashley williams on 23:18 - Jun 2 with 2432 viewsStarsky

Ashley williams on 14:02 - Jun 2 by icecoldjack

The more i Think about this the i Think we keep him this season regardless of any deal, he is worth more on the field than a few million in the bank(never thought id say that a few years ago) if we Are in a strong position NeXT january then he can negoitiate a pre contract and go for free and earn a shopping signing on fee then.

He makes his fair share of blunders on the field but all our players do thats why they play for swans not man utd etc,etc.

Overall when we look at what it costs to replace i say we sit tight, he is one of the top earners here so want go poor Even though as his agent said "he has a third kid on the way" im sure he can make ends meet on what he gets here ,at least until NeXT january.

We know what got and i feel the new season Will be difficult with us bedding in new players elsewhere in the team.

Ash works for us not the other way around,if the math dont suit us he stays put and runs his contract down,we have had our Moneies worth anyway .

This

It's just the internet, init.

Ashley williams on 00:19 - Jun 3 with 2366 viewsJJJack

Keep please. Key player for us- leader too. QPR will sign Rio IMO.
Ashley williams on 10:26 - Jun 3 with 2172 viewsicecoldjack

Ashley williams on 00:19 - Jun 3 by JJJack

Keep please. Key player for us- leader too. QPR will sign Rio IMO.

I actually Think Rio going There Will be a carrot for ashley , sme agent and apparently friends for some weird reason.

I could see the appeal for ash a bit more clearly if he was to pair up with Rio , still Think this is an agent using it all to push his deal with the swans .
Ashley williams on 20:28 - Jun 3 with 2023 viewsStarsky

Ashley williams on 10:26 - Jun 3 by icecoldjack

I actually Think Rio going There Will be a carrot for ashley , sme agent and apparently friends for some weird reason.

I could see the appeal for ash a bit more clearly if he was to pair up with Rio , still Think this is an agent using it all to push his deal with the swans .

This again, lol

It's just the internet, init.

Ashley williams on 09:38 - Jun 4 with 1873 viewsepaul

Seems that what my mate said is bang on then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27687278

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024