Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who has improved... 14:11 - Feb 28 with 7928 viewsmidswan

the most post Laudrup/under GM ? For me the entire team looks brighter but in particular I would say JDG,Routs and Pablo have looked loads better/more comfortable.
who has improved... on 14:15 - Mar 1 with 1717 viewsScotia

I think the improvement of Chico and Pablo is incredible, a bit like having two new signings and almost vindicates getting shot of ML altogether. Although you can see the improvement throughout the team.

If Pablo, and possibly Chico, on this form don't get a call up for a pre World Cup friendly at least then Spain are so good they will win the World Cup without breaking sweat.
who has improved... on 16:46 - Mar 1 with 1671 viewsPlasticman

who has improved... on 08:56 - Mar 1 by JackSomething

If anyone claims the performances of the players haven't improved significantly since Monk came in, they're either clueless or the worst kind of Laudrup sycophant.

The only clueless people are the ones talking in absolutes while not seeing things in the bigger picture.

I would have put Ash as the only player that might improved under Monk, as it was clear Monk and him have a special bond; but Ash already started going back to his 'old flaws' again. As time passes and the 'new manager' effect vanes, things will be just the same.

Hell, you could even mention Neil as having become worse under Monk if you want to start using small picture comparisons.

If you want to talk about players that improved markedly under a 'new' manager, think Routs when Brendan left. Some people even likened him as if was having a new signing and it's clear hes taken pointers from Laudrup in his moves.

The only thing Monk 'added' so far is more a change pressure. Laudrup didn't pressure much but wanted a different type of defence than Monk wants. It's not better, or worse in the small window of time, just different.

As for results, I think crashing out of all cups and doing no better in the league than under Laudrup shows all there is about 'improvements'.

It's different, that's it. Different doesn't need to equate better or worse.

Plastic since 2012

who has improved... on 16:50 - Mar 1 with 1667 viewsexiledclaseboy

who has improved... on 16:46 - Mar 1 by Plasticman

The only clueless people are the ones talking in absolutes while not seeing things in the bigger picture.

I would have put Ash as the only player that might improved under Monk, as it was clear Monk and him have a special bond; but Ash already started going back to his 'old flaws' again. As time passes and the 'new manager' effect vanes, things will be just the same.

Hell, you could even mention Neil as having become worse under Monk if you want to start using small picture comparisons.

If you want to talk about players that improved markedly under a 'new' manager, think Routs when Brendan left. Some people even likened him as if was having a new signing and it's clear hes taken pointers from Laudrup in his moves.

The only thing Monk 'added' so far is more a change pressure. Laudrup didn't pressure much but wanted a different type of defence than Monk wants. It's not better, or worse in the small window of time, just different.

As for results, I think crashing out of all cups and doing no better in the league than under Laudrup shows all there is about 'improvements'.

Oh dear. It's really hurting you that we sacked Laudrup isn't it? I hope he gets another job soon so you have a club to support again. Until then, chin up. We'll put up with your witless carping in the meantime.

Poll: Tory leader

who has improved... on 16:50 - Mar 1 with 1667 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 16:46 - Mar 1 by Plasticman

It's definitely improved since Loudstrop left and I'm afraid that's a FACT.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

who has improved... on 16:59 - Mar 1 with 1664 viewsPlasticman

who has improved... on 16:50 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

Oh dear. It's really hurting you that we sacked Laudrup isn't it? I hope he gets another job soon so you have a club to support again. Until then, chin up. We'll put up with your witless carping in the meantime.

Not really.

But obvious someone is hurting since they feel the need to throw jibes and smear at every opportunity (and even without opportuinities) in order to feel better about themselves.

I find it sadly funny that all these people are so busy doing the same dance they did when Brendan left that they can't even see their own hypocrasi, or how far they have fallen from how history portrays the club and what it was about.

Plastic since 2012

who has improved... on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 1660 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 16:59 - Mar 1 by Plasticman

Not really.

But obvious someone is hurting since they feel the need to throw jibes and smear at every opportunity (and even without opportuinities) in order to feel better about themselves.

I find it sadly funny that all these people are so busy doing the same dance they did when Brendan left that they can't even see their own hypocrasi, or how far they have fallen from how history portrays the club and what it was about.

The truth hurts.

who has improved... on 17:04 - Mar 1 with 1657 viewsPlasticman

who has improved... on 17:01 - Mar 1 by Darran

The truth hurts.

I'm sorry it does Dar. But it had to be said.

After all, some of the stuff going on by now is parallel to what people on this forum are ridiculing Cardiff fans for.

Plastic since 2012

who has improved... on 17:06 - Mar 1 with 1651 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 17:04 - Mar 1 by Plasticman

I'm sorry it does Dar. But it had to be said.

After all, some of the stuff going on by now is parallel to what people on this forum are ridiculing Cardiff fans for.

Nah just about everyone agrees he had to go Plasty.

United We Stand

Login to get fewer ads

who has improved... on 17:07 - Mar 1 with 1646 viewsSpratty

who has improved... on 16:50 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

Thing is ECB it is definitely not witless and you know it.

Sad you should make such a witless comment to a carefully penned post from an excellent poster.
who has improved... on 17:08 - Mar 1 with 1641 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 17:07 - Mar 1 by Spratty

Sad you should make such a witless comment to a carefully penned post from an excellent poster.

It's worse than f^cking witless and you're the same.

who has improved... on 17:10 - Mar 1 with 1638 viewsexiledclaseboy

who has improved... on 17:06 - Mar 1 by Darran

United We Stand

I wouldn't have sacked him when we did but the improvements shown since he went have been marked. What the Laudrup fans are failing to understand is now that he's gone we don't care about him any more and for some that will unfortunately manifest itself in revisionism and denying him any credit for the good work he did here for a while. That's unfortunate, but it's also human nature and definitely ingrained in the DNA of football fans.

I think why the Laudrup fanboys are struggling is because they support a man, not a club. They'll follow him wherever he goes, declaring undying affection for wherever he's working at the time. That's fine, it's their call. But the rest of us support Swansea City regardless of who's in charge. When they've gone, they've gone. Laudrup could take over Real Madrid and lead them to 10 Champions League wins in a row from now on. I simply don't care.

who has improved... on 17:10 - Mar 1 with 1636 viewsSpratty

who has improved... on 17:06 - Mar 1 by Darran

United We Stand

who has improved... on 17:11 - Mar 1 with 1635 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 17:10 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

I wouldn't have sacked him when we did but the improvements shown since he went have been marked. What the Laudrup fans are failing to understand is now that he's gone we don't care about him any more and for some that will unfortunately manifest itself in revisionism and denying him any credit for the good work he did here for a while. That's unfortunate, but it's also human nature and definitely ingrained in the DNA of football fans.

I think why the Laudrup fanboys are struggling is because they support a man, not a club. They'll follow him wherever he goes, declaring undying affection for wherever he's working at the time. That's fine, it's their call. But the rest of us support Swansea City regardless of who's in charge. When they've gone, they've gone. Laudrup could take over Real Madrid and lead them to 10 Champions League wins in a row from now on. I simply don't care.

Sproutty is a Laudrup fanboy.

who has improved... on 17:11 - Mar 1 with 1634 viewsexiledclaseboy

And then of course, there's Spratty. Genuinely can't work out where he's coming from (unless it's Copenhagen), but each to their own.

who has improved... on 17:12 - Mar 1 with 1631 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 17:10 - Mar 1 by Spratty

It's true though hardly anyone was bothered he was sacked and just about everyone is happy he's gone.

You're not of course.

who has improved... on 17:13 - Mar 1 with 1523 viewsSpratty

who has improved... on 17:08 - Mar 1 by Darran

It's worse than f^cking witless and you're the same.

Come on now Darran united we stand

Remember what Huw said
who has improved... on 17:13 - Mar 1 with 1519 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 17:11 - Mar 1 by exiledclaseboy

And then of course, there's Spratty. Genuinely can't work out where he's coming from (unless it's Copenhagen), but each to their own.

It's a weird one.

who has improved... on 17:14 - Mar 1 with 1517 viewsexiledclaseboy

who has improved... on 17:07 - Mar 1 by Spratty

See my response below.

who has improved... on 17:15 - Mar 1 with 1513 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 17:13 - Mar 1 by Spratty

Come on now Darran united we stand

Remember what Huw said

Not interested in what Huw said I'm talking about the fans and everyone is far happier now.

Nog you of course.

who has improved... on 20:30 - Mar 1 with 1474 viewslifelong

Well, I was a fan of laudrup. I simple couldn't believe it when I heard of his sacking.

Yes, our performances have improved since he has gone but our results haven't, and over the next eleven games it's all about results, if they don't improve we will be in the mire.

I seriously hope we don't regret getting rid of him.
who has improved... on 20:39 - Mar 1 with 1468 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 20:30 - Mar 1 by lifelong

Well, I was a fan of laudrup. I simple couldn't believe it when I heard of his sacking.

Yes, our performances have improved since he has gone but our results haven't, and over the next eleven games it's all about results, if they don't improve we will be in the mire.

He didn't just go because of results Lifey the whole place was at an all time low because of the way he was.

who has improved... on 20:46 - Mar 1 with 1455 viewsSpratty

who has improved... on 20:30 - Mar 1 by lifelong

Well said
who has improved... on 21:05 - Mar 1 with 1434 viewsCatullus

who has improved... on 20:46 - Mar 1 by Spratty

Well said

Results may not have improved but look at who we played recently. And does anyone think we would have given Cardiff such a decisive beating with Laudrup here?
In fact I'm convinced if ML was still here that we'd have got a right good tuning from Liverpool and and even bigger one over the two Europa legs.
That performance against West Ham was utterly devoid of any passion, commitment or effort. We had been sinking for months. We have witnessed a most incredible turn around in attitude. The only thing that remains to be seen is can Monk keep it going.
Spratty and Plasticman are obvious Laudrup accolytes and unfortunately I think they have proved that one of my previous statements was wrong. The one where I said I'm sure nobody wants to see us relegated so they can say "I told you so"
They are very much in the minority and seem totally blind and oblivious to what has been so obvious to every one else, including the board.
There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

who has improved... on 21:09 - Mar 1 with 1431 viewsDarran

who has improved... on 21:05 - Mar 1 by Catullus

Results may not have improved but look at who we played recently. And does anyone think we would have given Cardiff such a decisive beating with Laudrup here?
In fact I'm convinced if ML was still here that we'd have got a right good tuning from Liverpool and and even bigger one over the two Europa legs.
That performance against West Ham was utterly devoid of any passion, commitment or effort. We had been sinking for months. We have witnessed a most incredible turn around in attitude. The only thing that remains to be seen is can Monk keep it going.
Spratty and Plasticman are obvious Laudrup accolytes and unfortunately I think they have proved that one of my previous statements was wrong. The one where I said I'm sure nobody wants to see us relegated so they can say "I told you so"
They are very much in the minority and seem totally blind and oblivious to what has been so obvious to every one else, including the board.
There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see!!

Be honest Cat how many people have you spoken too that are disappointed he's gone?
Virtually nobody was bothered from the minute he went which speaks volumes.

who has improved... on 23:19 - Mar 1 with 1402 viewsmonmouth

who has improved... on 21:09 - Mar 1 by Darran

Be honest Cat how many people have you spoken too that are disappointed he's gone?
Virtually nobody was bothered from the minute he went which speaks volumes.

Nobody I know has said much about ML at all, but they are absolutely thrilled at the way that we are now playing, and looking forward to going to the games again. Some people are even smiling. There was none of that around me before Monk took over. Wish the Laudyboys would stop taking it all so personally.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024