Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup to QPR 18:02 - Feb 24 with 21423 viewsDarran

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/michael-laudrup-in-the-frame-as-qpr-consider-sacki

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup to QPR on 09:02 - Feb 25 with 1579 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 08:56 - Feb 25 by swanny

I think anyone looking at the last few games under Laudrup and the body language of the players, would be hard pushed to deny that statement.

So you're saying that your interpretation of the player's body language provides strong evidence for Laudrup's breach of contract.

I believe the High Court would take a very dim view indeed of anybody putting forward such a pisspoor argument.

If somebody wants to put forward any real and substantive points in on the other side of this argument I will respond, but in the absence of that I have had enough of bullshit, smears, and innuendo.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Laudrup to QPR on 09:05 - Feb 25 with 1568 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 09:02 - Feb 25 by Shaky

So you're saying that your interpretation of the player's body language provides strong evidence for Laudrup's breach of contract.

I believe the High Court would take a very dim view indeed of anybody putting forward such a pisspoor argument.

If somebody wants to put forward any real and substantive points in on the other side of this argument I will respond, but in the absence of that I have had enough of bullshit, smears, and innuendo.

And I believe that you are one of the most boring bastards on the planet.

Seriously I know I've said it several times but thousands of managers have been sacked in my lifetime and I can't remember a fuss like this.......ever.

Laudrup to QPR on 09:07 - Feb 25 with 1563 viewstomdickharry

Laudrup to QPR on 08:56 - Feb 25 by swanny

I think anyone looking at the last few games under Laudrup and the body language of the players, would be hard pushed to deny that statement.

Its already been spelt out there will be a burden of proof on the shoulders of the defendant (Swans) if this case does go to Court,do you think a High Court Judge is going to base a decision on the last few games,of course not.
Laudrup to QPR on 09:07 - Feb 25 with 1562 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 09:05 - Feb 25 by Darran

And I believe that you are one of the most boring bastards on the planet.

Seriously I know I've said it several times but thousands of managers have been sacked in my lifetime and I can't remember a fuss like this.......ever.

You don't understand the fact that he hasn't been sacked.

Simply stated, sacked is where the employer pays compensation.

This ain't it.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 09:10 - Feb 25 with 1553 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 09:07 - Feb 25 by Shaky

This ain't it.

Laudrup to QPR on 09:18 - Feb 25 with 1531 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 09:07 - Feb 25 by Shaky

This ain't it.

Sacking is where the employer terminates the employment of the employee against their wishes. This would fall rather firmly under that description I would argue. Compensation is not automatic either.

And unless something has changed in employment law in recent times, an employee has a duty to try and obtain suitable employment to mitigate losses and not rely on a payoff from the case.

From what I can tell, from a position of almost total ignorance, the club are going to have a hell of a time proving breach of contract and I suspect will do well to win that, and are more than likely to have to payout a fair chunk of change. They probably didn't handle his dismissal very well either. That's not to say that they can't win it though, or that Laudrup can just sit there and wait for his money.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Laudrup to QPR on 09:19 - Feb 25 with 1529 viewsswanny

Laudrup to QPR on 09:07 - Feb 25 by tomdickharry

Its already been spelt out there will be a burden of proof on the shoulders of the defendant (Swans) if this case does go to Court,do you think a High Court Judge is going to base a decision on the last few games,of course not.

the fact is, none of us know anything, I'm hazarding a guess that neither Shaky nor Tomdick and harry are High Court Judges. I realize that the burden of proof lies with the defendant, but when all the facts are presented, where will the balance of probability lie....we cannot possibly predict.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup to QPR on 09:23 - Feb 25 with 1516 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 09:19 - Feb 25 by swanny

the fact is, none of us know anything, I'm hazarding a guess that neither Shaky nor Tomdick and harry are High Court Judges. I realize that the burden of proof lies with the defendant, but when all the facts are presented, where will the balance of probability lie....we cannot possibly predict.

Should be interesting if nothing else. Given Laudrup's past issues with managing a team in a second season, there's an example right there where the club can point to someone with a history of coasting through things once the initial honeymoon has ended. Not cut and dried at all. I know nothing about employment law though.

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup to QPR on 09:25 - Feb 25 with 1508 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 09:18 - Feb 25 by Uxbridge

Sacking is where the employer terminates the employment of the employee against their wishes. This would fall rather firmly under that description I would argue. Compensation is not automatic either.

And unless something has changed in employment law in recent times, an employee has a duty to try and obtain suitable employment to mitigate losses and not rely on a payoff from the case.

From what I can tell, from a position of almost total ignorance, the club are going to have a hell of a time proving breach of contract and I suspect will do well to win that, and are more than likely to have to payout a fair chunk of change. They probably didn't handle his dismissal very well either. That's not to say that they can't win it though, or that Laudrup can just sit there and wait for his money.

You are talking about employment law, whereas in my view the use of the term breach of contract clearly implies a termination under Law of Contract.

As for the potential position under Employment law - on the highly unlikely assumption that applies - it is:

There are effectively three forms of dismissal from an employer - fair, unfair and constructive - this article will tackle unfair or justified dismissal. For a employer to dismiss an employee justifiably there are two basic scenarios. Either the employee has been consistently under performing and has been through a Disciplinary Procedure, which has failed to resolve the problem, or they have committed an offence that is listed in their terms and conditions of employment as an instantly sackable offence.

More: http://www.workingrights.co.uk/dismissal.html

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 09:27 - Feb 25 with 1504 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 09:25 - Feb 25 by Shaky

You are talking about employment law, whereas in my view the use of the term breach of contract clearly implies a termination under Law of Contract.

As for the potential position under Employment law - on the highly unlikely assumption that applies - it is:

There are effectively three forms of dismissal from an employer - fair, unfair and constructive - this article will tackle unfair or justified dismissal. For a employer to dismiss an employee justifiably there are two basic scenarios. Either the employee has been consistently under performing and has been through a Disciplinary Procedure, which has failed to resolve the problem, or they have committed an offence that is listed in their terms and conditions of employment as an instantly sackable offence.

More: http://www.workingrights.co.uk/dismissal.html

You think it unlikely employment law covers the issue of a termination of a fixed term contract of employment? Interesting.

Laudrup to QPR on 09:27 - Feb 25 with 1485 viewsperchrockjack

So honest arry gets replaced by the decent Dane. feckn marriage in heaven for them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrup to QPR on 09:29 - Feb 25 with 1495 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 09:27 - Feb 25 by Uxbridge

You think it unlikely employment law covers the issue of a termination of a fixed term contract of employment? Interesting.

No, that is not what I said.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 09:31 - Feb 25 with 1481 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 09:29 - Feb 25 by Shaky

No, that is not what I said.

"As for the potential position under Employment law - on the highly unlikely assumption that applies"

Yeah you did.

Laudrup to QPR on 09:32 - Feb 25 with 1461 viewsperchrockjack

Mike must be doing it out of honour then and not the money

Laudrup to QPR on 09:33 - Feb 25 with 1476 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 09:31 - Feb 25 by Uxbridge

"As for the potential position under Employment law - on the highly unlikely assumption that applies"

Yeah you did.

OK, so which of the methods of termination under employment law do you believe applies? Gross misconduct, or the sustained period of underperformance culminating in a disciplinary procedure?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 09:34 - Feb 25 with 1475 viewsmonmouth

Without reading all the bollox, both contract law and employment law contain mitigation of loss provisions. If Laudrup takes paid employment elsewhere for the remaining duration of his employment contract, he is mitigating his consequential loss and any claim for breach, or unfair dismissal, would take this into account.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup to QPR on 09:36 - Feb 25 with 1462 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 09:34 - Feb 25 by monmouth

Without reading all the bollox, both contract law and employment law contain mitigation of loss provisions. If Laudrup takes paid employment elsewhere for the remaining duration of his employment contract, he is mitigating his consequential loss and any claim for breach, or unfair dismissal, would take this into account.

Exactly Monny I said that yesterday and as far as Shaky QC knows we might even still be paying him.

Laudrup to QPR on 09:38 - Feb 25 with 1438 viewsperchrockjack

Laudrup to QPR on 09:34 - Feb 25 by monmouth

in which case good luck Mikey and be decent humble and honourable at the interview but try the foock to look interested ,sit up straight and look them in the eye

Laudrup to QPR on 09:41 - Feb 25 with 1442 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 09:38 - Feb 25 by perchrockjack

in which case good luck Mikey and be decent humble and honourable at the interview but try the foock to look interested ,sit up straight and look them in the eye

God I'm so looking forward to you repeating yourself everyday for the next five years.

Laudrup to QPR on 09:41 - Feb 25 with 1442 viewsmacthejack

Christ on a bendy bus.
Laudrup to QPR on 09:43 - Feb 25 with 1439 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 09:36 - Feb 25 by Darran

Exactly Monny I said that yesterday and as far as Shaky QC knows we might even still be paying him.

Wrong again.

The lion's share of the £4-5million potential compensation being floated, is Laudrup's share of the £10 million release clause.

The release clause is specifically related to Laudrup's leaving the club for alternative paid employment. This is explicitly foreseen and therefore can not result in any downwards adjustments.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 09:43 - Feb 25 with 1437 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 09:41 - Feb 25 by Darran

God I'm so looking forward to you repeating yourself everyday for the next five years.

yup, Perchy now on ignore, I'm sorry to say.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 09:43 - Feb 25 with 1420 viewsperchrockjack

Laudrup to QPR on 09:41 - Feb 25 by Darran

Hopefully we ll both be around for a few more yet.

I seem to have caught the repeat bug. Lesson learned.
NEXT

Laudrup to QPR on 09:49 - Feb 25 with 1425 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 09:43 - Feb 25 by Shaky

Wrong again.

The lion's share of the £4-5million potential compensation being floated, is Laudrup's share of the £10 million release clause.

The release clause is specifically related to Laudrup's leaving the club for alternative paid employment. This is explicitly foreseen and therefore can not result in any downwards adjustments.

You're f*cking nuts.

Laudrup to QPR on 09:59 - Feb 25 with 1397 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 09:43 - Feb 25 by Shaky

Wrong again.

There's some wonderful assumptions being made there. Any chance you could send me Laudrup's contract and details of the settlement he is seeking?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024