Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 22:45 - Feb 20 with 5639 viewsLiam12345

Play like we did tonight and do we think we could beat liverpool?

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Liverpool on 13:01 - Feb 21 with 1161 viewsSpratty

Have my ticket and there is no question we can win.

If we do or even field a team that is likely to we will see when we get there.

Agree it would be nice to whop them again although agree as it is a bonus to win game I would like to see us go all out in Napoli as we have seen we have the quality and commitment to better them.
Liverpool on 13:22 - Feb 21 with 1139 viewsMattG

Liverpool on 13:01 - Feb 21 by Spratty

Have my ticket and there is no question we can win.

If we do or even field a team that is likely to we will see when we get there.

Agree it would be nice to whop them again although agree as it is a bonus to win game I would like to see us go all out in Napoli as we have seen we have the quality and commitment to better them.

Tend to agree with those who see this game as a shot to nothing - it'll be a fantastic effort to get anything at all up there so, as long as it's not a hammering that saps the confidence, I wouldn't be too concerned if we lose.

PL matches against the likes of Palace, Norwich, etc. and, after last night, Napoli away are more important.
Liverpool on 15:07 - Feb 21 with 1092 viewsVetchitBack

Of course we "can" win - there is no doubt about that.

There is also no doubt about who the favourites are.

Please PS posters don't fall into the Laudrupian mindest of psychologically throwing games against opponents who may be better than us over a season but not necessarily on the day.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 15:10]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Liverpool on 15:12 - Feb 21 with 1076 viewsCoot

Liverpool on 12:43 - Feb 21 by epaul

You going to the game karl?

Unfortunately not. You seem to be going to every game these days! Feels like we've swapped! ;)
Liverpool on 15:23 - Feb 21 with 1058 viewsBYMJacks

To be honest I don't think the swans will get anything at Liverpool on Sunday, even though we played really well last night against napoli. Liverpool away is a lot tougher I think, but obviously hoping the swans win
Liverpool on 15:28 - Feb 21 with 1050 viewsOldjack

Mike would have this down as a lost game ,Monks will be having none of that , that's the difference

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Liverpool on 15:50 - Feb 21 with 1027 viewsnyc_swans

Vorm
Rangel-Chico-Amat-Davies
Britton-De Guzman
Routs-Shelvey-Emnes
Bony

assuming Dyer is out?
Liverpool on 15:55 - Feb 21 with 1015 viewsMattG

Liverpool on 15:50 - Feb 21 by nyc_swans

Vorm
Rangel-Chico-Amat-Davies
Britton-De Guzman
Routs-Shelvey-Emnes
Bony

assuming Dyer is out?

You could be right but I think there might well be more changes than that - after last night, I'd be surprised if Monk doesn't have at least on eye on the Napoli game.

If nothing else, I think Taylor might start in place of Ben.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool on 15:57 - Feb 21 with 1006 viewsSpratty

Liverpool on 15:28 - Feb 21 by Oldjack

Mike would have this down as a lost game ,Monks will be having none of that , that's the difference

Interesting to see was definitely a bit of a sacrificial team against Everton for the FA. But that is a balancing act of all managers.

Monk will undoubtedly have memories of the same match a year ago as will Bartley. But it was no way a scratch team despite the COC. Vorm, Ben, Leon, Pabs and DGJ were playing and Dyer, Routs and Angel brought on. Not a happy day nothing seemed right. So the only way is up and hopefully will give a good account of ourselves regardless of the team played.
Liverpool on 16:06 - Feb 21 with 994 viewshobo

I'm hoping we play a similar team to the one that played Everton (with Emnes and Ngog to start). Rest the majority of our players so they'll be fresh and raring to go for the Napoli and Palace games.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 16:07]
Liverpool on 16:06 - Feb 21 with 992 viewsnyc_swans

Not sure why it was considered a sacrificial team against Everton...

I'm sure Monk wanted to see some of these out-of-favor players in game situations and this was the most low-leverage game left. Maybe he was hoping to see something that was never given a chance to happen.
Liverpool on 16:08 - Feb 21 with 987 viewsVetchitBack

Liverpool on 16:06 - Feb 21 by hobo

I'm hoping we play a similar team to the one that played Everton (with Emnes and Ngog to start). Rest the majority of our players so they'll be fresh and raring to go for the Napoli and Palace games.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 16:07]

If only there was some sort of precedent for trying this approach at Anfield???

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Liverpool (n/t) on 16:11 - Feb 21 with 973 viewsSpratty

Liverpool on 16:08 - Feb 21 by VetchitBack

If only there was some sort of precedent for trying this approach at Anfield???

[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 16:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024