Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Napoli last night 10:04 - Feb 13 with 1734 viewsCwmavonJack

Anyone catch the game on sky last night? Napoli 3-0 Roma outplayed and quite frankly took to the cleaners the meanest defence in italy, fear for us big time in the away leg, but I have faith in GM and can see an upset on the cards, bit off subject but how many are napoli bringing over anyone know ?

Poll: Should St David's day be a Bank Holiday in Wales?

Napoli last night on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 1687 viewsmonmouth

In all seriousness I don't think we have a prayer over there and will be tonked. I don't care though, as it's a shot to nothing. Anything else would be a wonderful result, probably the best in our history.....although beating the european champions on their own manor, when they were fully tooled up and meant business last year would still probably top it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Napoli last night on 10:26 - Feb 13 with 1660 viewsZut_Alors

Think for this one it's good that we're home first. I can imagine that Napoli will look to contain us, knowing that they'll be huge favourites at home. If we're able to keep it close, you never know what can happen in the 2nd leg. We've beaten some of the UK's best teams at home over the last couple of years, although not for a while, so I really think we can test them at the Liberty.
Napoli last night on 10:46 - Feb 13 with 1629 viewsJackSomething

So our next 4 games take us to a side who we haven't beaten in 17 attempts, a home match against the team who are 3rd in Serie A and have just spanked the team in 2nd, then to the team who beat us 5-0 there last season and are playing like potential champions right now, finishing up with a trip to the Italian team again.

Wow. I hope the optimism surrounding Garry's good start can survive that.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Napoli last night on 10:50 - Feb 13 with 1611 viewsmonmouth

Napoli last night on 10:46 - Feb 13 by JackSomething

So our next 4 games take us to a side who we haven't beaten in 17 attempts, a home match against the team who are 3rd in Serie A and have just spanked the team in 2nd, then to the team who beat us 5-0 there last season and are playing like potential champions right now, finishing up with a trip to the Italian team again.

I'm just hoping for no injuries and no thrashings in that little lot. I have a sneaking suspicion we could surprise at least one of those teams. Probably the scousers mark 1 on sunday as we cant beat them in the PL, but in the cup.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Napoli last night on 11:17 - Feb 13 with 1545 viewsPegojack

Napoli last night on 10:46 - Feb 13 by JackSomething

I agree that we are faced with a mountain in the next four fixtures. The minimum I want to see is a performance level like we have enjoyed in Monkey's first two games. Anything else we get out of them is a bonus.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2014 11:18]
Napoli last night on 11:27 - Feb 13 with 1506 viewsSpratty

Napoli last night on 10:50 - Feb 13 by monmouth

I'm just hoping for no injuries and no thrashings in that little lot. I have a sneaking suspicion we could surprise at least one of those teams. Probably the scousers mark 1 on sunday as we cant beat them in the PL, but in the cup.....

We can do it. We have brilliant quality in our team and these are the sorts of games we can win and should have every confidence in moving ourselves forward in both competitions. If we fail so be it but we should put our hearts and souls into it in absolute confidence that on our day we can beat any team. Remember that dream trip to Valencia remember that warm sun on our faces.

If we are to go out of our fantastic European adventure then it should be with a roar not a whimper.

Yes I also remember the PL but had every confidence given the quality of our team (and almost identical like for like points total to last year and returning injuries) that we would stay up under ML and am confident that will still be the case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024