Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petty unfair dismissal claim... 14:19 - Feb 6 with 4127 viewscockett_jack

To all those who might stand up for Laudrup, take a second to consider that if his quotes of today are true regarding legal action then he is having a very petty swipe at the club.

We will pay out his wrongful dismissal compensation being the remainder of his contract which has been quoted at £4.5 MILLION.

Any other legal action he could seek to take would be for an unfair dismissal claim. This would involve a costly and distracting court process and the maximum he could get would be the statutory payment (calculated in the same way as redundancy and therefore not much) and then a further payment capped at £74k odd.

He won't get an unfair dismissal claim through though as you need two full years of service.

Perhaps I'm being harsh on him and he didn't know the cap and the minimum service required but in any case after the payout of £4.5 million he will get it shows him as a greedy b*stard at least.

Cheers Laudrup.
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:24 - Feb 6 with 4097 viewsDull1Thomas

Not sure he's mentioned unfair dismissal.

It looks like he's been warned off by the club and this is his only way of communication without the club claiming he's broken his contract and not entitled to be paid up.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:27 - Feb 6 with 4057 viewsJackanapes

If someone owed you £5m I don't think you'd find it petty.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:32 - Feb 6 with 4011 viewsDarran

How many more of these stupid f*cking threads are we going to have?
The blokes said he's taking legal advice not suing us until we go out of business.
Christ on a moped mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:33 - Feb 6 with 4006 viewsJACKARSE

The LMA letter is standard practice and the legal team is all part of the service provided by the LMA to protect it's members. It is standard procedure. If he has been contractually wronged then we will no doubt have to pay a bit more. End of.
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:34 - Feb 6 with 3990 viewsSkipTheJack

Let's not widely speculate. None of us have a clue what ML is owed or what we've agreed to pay him.

I'd imagine that any divorce from such a valuable contract will require legal involvement.
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:45 - Feb 6 with 3910 viewscaerleon_jack

"To all those who might stand up for Laudrup, take a second to consider that if his quotes of today are true regarding legal action then he is having a very petty swipe at the club. We will pay out his wrongful dismissal compensation being the remainder of his contract which has been quoted at £4.5 MILLION. Any other legal action he could seek to take would be for an unfair dismissal claim. This would involve a costly and distracting court process and the maximum he could get would be the statutory payment (calculated in the same way as redundancy and therefore not much) and then a further payment capped at £74k odd. He won't get an unfair dismissal claim through though as you need two full years of service. Perhaps I'm being harsh on him and he didn't know the cap and the minimum service required but in any case after the payout of £4.5 million he will get it shows him as a greedy b*stard at least. Cheers Laudrup."

If Laudrup gets a payout of £4.5m then it's because it's what was written in his contract. A contract that the club drew up and awarded him. A contract that the club then cancelled, in the knowledge that Laudrup would have to be paid compensation. So if Laudrup is paid £4.5m then it is only what he is due. What do you expect him to do? Say "thanks for sacking me, I'll slip away quietly and don't worry about the £4.5m I'm owed"?

All he has said today is that the letter he was given lacked detail as to why the club felt they needed to sack him and that he has been told that he is not allowed to visit the training ground to say goodbye to the players. Please tell me where he has stated he is going to sue for more than the £4.5m he is contractually owed? He also thanked the fans for their support, which suggests he's never heard of planetswans.

So, rather than spouting anti-Laudrup cr@p, please consider the facts.

Insert something witty here

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:48 - Feb 6 with 3889 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's perfectly entitled to seek advice .

As would any sane individual.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:56 - Feb 6 with 3837 views2face

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:32 - Feb 6 by Darran

How many more of these stupid f*cking threads are we going to have?
The blokes said he's taking legal advice not suing us until we go out of business.
Christ on a moped mun.

Funny how "legal advice" can be read as "legal action"
Login to get fewer ads

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 15:11 - Feb 6 with 3725 viewsLord_Bony

Hes taking legal advice

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9152880/premier-league-sacked-swan

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 15:14 - Feb 6 with 3698 viewsDarran

If anyone's got SSN on rewind it and follow Kirsty Gallacher reading out MLs statement,she reads it word for word but changes one word.
She says the word action instead of advice.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 15:18 - Feb 6 with 3650 viewsLord_Bony

Surely there must be something in the contract for Non Perfomrance.

Meaning if he does nt deliver in the eyes of the chairman then he gets the boot.

this is always a gray area however and contentious.If he wins unfair dismissal hell get a couple of million to compensate for the next season as well. meaning a couple more million to add to his existing millions....

More dosh for his new venture capital company i dare say.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 15:39 - Feb 6 with 3570 viewsGlyn1

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 15:14 - Feb 6 by Darran

If anyone's got SSN on rewind it and follow Kirsty Gallacher reading out MLs statement,she reads it word for word but changes one word.

I imagine that Laudrup is more worried about damage to his reputation as a manager than money.

But what targets do you all think that he was set at the beginning of the season? If it was for a mid-table position and some decent Cup runs then that's what we've got. A court may double what the board is offering.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 16:42 - Feb 6 with 3374 viewsDavillin

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 14:48 - Feb 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's perfectly entitled to seek advice .

As would any sane individual.

He's also entitled to follow or reject legal advice.

Ambrose Bierce defined "litigation" as a machine you go into as a pig, and come out as sausage.

If he sought my legal advice, I'd first confirm the payout set out in their agreement, and if it's anything like the £4.5mil or £5mil that I've seen reported in the news, I'd advise him to accept it, not risk losing everything, not pay the exorbitant legal fees involved, and go happily and peacefully into Sven Goren Erikksen mode.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 16:43]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:05 - Feb 6 with 3302 viewscockett_jack

Knee jerk reactions from some on here clearly evidence a lack of understanding of the law.

Laudrup is owed the remainder of his contract/notice period under wrongful dismissal which he will get from us, there's no way in hell we would deny him that.

There's no need for him to be taking legal advice. He's either an imbecile or after more i.e. unfair dismissal which is fair to assume given the fact he's moaning about the way he was dismissed.
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:08 - Feb 6 with 3270 viewsDull1Thomas

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:05 - Feb 6 by cockett_jack

Knee jerk reactions from some on here clearly evidence a lack of understanding of the law.

Laudrup is owed the remainder of his contract/notice period under wrongful dismissal which he will get from us, there's no way in hell we would deny him that.

There's no need for him to be taking legal advice. He's either an imbecile or after more i.e. unfair dismissal which is fair to assume given the fact he's moaning about the way he was dismissed.

Only an 'imbecile' wouldn't take legal advice.
Saying or doing the wrong / naive thing could be used by the former employer to withhold his severance pay. Especially if it can be shown ML broke his contract.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:10 - Feb 6 with 3254 viewsZut_Alors

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 16:42 - Feb 6 by Davillin

He's also entitled to follow or reject legal advice.

Ambrose Bierce defined "litigation" as a machine you go into as a pig, and come out as sausage.

If he sought my legal advice, I'd first confirm the payout set out in their agreement, and if it's anything like the £4.5mil or £5mil that I've seen reported in the news, I'd advise him to accept it, not risk losing everything, not pay the exorbitant legal fees involved, and go happily and peacefully into Sven Goren Erikksen mode.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 16:43]

Sven does love a good payoff, Dav. Well put!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2014 17:11]
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:14 - Feb 6 with 3234 viewscockett_jack

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:08 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

Saying or doing the wrong / naive thing could be used by the former employer to withhold his severance pay. Especially if it can be shown ML broke his contract.

No you're incorrect. We've dismissed him, he's contractually entitled to the remainder of his fixed contract. It's called wrongful dismissal. It's irrelevant what he does now as he's not an employee of ours.

All he had to do was write to the club and query the structure/timing of his money he is owed and then sit back. He did NOT need to take legal advice and especially not mention it to the press in conjunction with reasons as to why he thought the dismissal was unfair etc.

People on here (especially Darran) need to appreciate the difference between wrongful and unfair dismissal.
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:21 - Feb 6 with 3180 viewsgibs0n

Seems like many are making an over-interpretation.

Laudrup: Of course he will try to get as much as he can according to the contract.
Club: Of course they will pay as little as they can according to the contract.

Then some people in suits will figure out what the contract really says. Its business, and you see this situation all the time when a company dismiss a director or similar.

I think both Huw and Laudrup prefer to settle this outside the papers (thats how they are), so much of the things we will read will be papers trying to sell papers.
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:21 - Feb 6 with 3180 viewsPlasticman

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:14 - Feb 6 by cockett_jack

No you're incorrect. We've dismissed him, he's contractually entitled to the remainder of his fixed contract. It's called wrongful dismissal. It's irrelevant what he does now as he's not an employee of ours.

All he had to do was write to the club and query the structure/timing of his money he is owed and then sit back. He did NOT need to take legal advice and especially not mention it to the press in conjunction with reasons as to why he thought the dismissal was unfair etc.

People on here (especially Darran) need to appreciate the difference between wrongful and unfair dismissal.

It's pretty customary to seek legal advice from your association in denmark when stuff happens with your job.

Maybe it isn't in England, but in Denmark it is.

Plastic since 2012

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:32 - Feb 6 with 3118 viewsSwanzay

When I read the title of this thread, I thought wtf is Tony Petty making a claim after all these years, although wouldn't put anything past the kunt!
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:41 - Feb 6 with 3079 viewsDavillin

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 17:08 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

Don't be so hard on clients. There are a small number of clients who come in with a preconceived notion about what they want a lawyer to do [invariably not based on the law or the facts] and reject legal advice, but they're not all 'imbeciles.' Uninformed perhaps, or stubborn perhaps, or fixated on a desired result perhaps. The only thing a lawyer can do is to explain what they don't understand, and let them go to another lawyer to hear the same advice.

I could go on about this, but I won't.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 19:02 - Feb 6 with 2889 viewsWhiterockin

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 15:14 - Feb 6 by Darran

Kirsty always likes action but never takes advice.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 19:03 - Feb 6 with 2888 viewsduckling

He is probably after an official explanation.

If it's true he's been fired by letter without details, he is justified an explanation and if the board won't give it in public he could take other actions to get it out.
THough all about reputation and the question is is it for the better or the worse if it's done
Petty unfair dismissal claim... on 11:05 - Feb 7 with 2622 viewsAngelRangelQS

Well it's not unfair dismissal because he doesn't have the qualifying service of 2 years.

Next.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024