Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff starting to falter 17:15 - Nov 30 with 30262 viewsdeanscfc

Think their 'new to the PL' buzz is wearing off and they're heading towards their true position in the league.

As for us, let's hope injuries don't affect things too much. A point would be more than we can expect and maybe wins against Newcastle and Hull.
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:13 - Nov 30 with 2310 viewswelshman79

Cardiff starting to falter on 20:12 - Nov 30 by Darran

I think winning other games might matter too,dick.

And it's still early days
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:22 - Nov 30 with 2293 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff starting to falter on 20:10 - Nov 30 by welshman79

And Cardiff came from behind twice, no excuse

Where are you in the table c*nty?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff starting to falter on 20:28 - Nov 30 with 2276 viewsTokijo

Went to this game in the Canton stand, and apart from Campbell's header in the second half which he was perhaps unlucky not to score, i could'nt see where their goals were coming from. They look quite solid defensively but think overall they will be found out over the course of the season. Their results against the likes of Sunderland and Palace will be a marker whether they are good enough to stay up.
Cardiff starting to falter on 20:28 - Nov 30 with 2269 viewswelshman79

Cardiff starting to falter on 20:22 - Nov 30 by monmouth

Where are you in the table c*nty?

Still got Stoke and Crystal Palace give it time early days
Cardiff starting to falter on 21:41 - Nov 30 with 2196 viewsdeanscfc

Cardiff starting to falter on 20:06 - Nov 30 by welshman79

So Cardiff lost to Arsenal, top of the board and the in form team of the season and you think they are faltering, you sir are deluded, at least Cardiff didn't losr 4-1 to Man U

You're 17th.
Cardiff starting to falter on 21:45 - Nov 30 with 2191 viewswr72

Still only 2 points behind us though and with us at Citeh tomorrow and the prospect of quite a big defeat we won't be far away from them.The less said about their form when ours is as shit the better i think.
Cardiff starting to falter on 21:48 - Nov 30 with 2189 viewswaynekerr55

Cardiff starting to falter on 18:06 - Nov 30 by deanscfc

I just think it's common sense that more games = more injuries and therefore your squad is stretched further.

Europe is why Laudrup wanted two players for every position in the squad which we have but even then it's been difficult to manage when your key players are getting injured. If other players can step up we'll be ok...but let's be honest we could really do with a nice run in the PL to get dragged into anything nasty and when you're playing Man City without Bony, Michu, Rangel then it's not ideal.

It's also common sense not to flog players in pre season but the managers "sports scientist" thought that may be a good idea...

(ducks for cover)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cardiff starting to falter on 21:48 - Nov 30 with 2184 viewswaynekerr55

Cardiff starting to falter on 21:45 - Nov 30 by wr72

Still only 2 points behind us though and with us at Citeh tomorrow and the prospect of quite a big defeat we won't be far away from them.The less said about their form when ours is as shit the better i think.

^^^^^^^ this

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff starting to falter on 21:59 - Nov 30 with 2154 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

No quibble with taking the mick at any available opportunity, but let's not take any serious football lessons from them getting 1 point from home games against Man U and Arsenal; it's one more point than we managed this season in the same fixtures...

Now, if they pick up nothing from the forthcoming games against Stoke and Palace....

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Cardiff starting to falter on 22:30 - Nov 30 with 2095 viewsjacksinceever

Cardiff starting to falter on 19:34 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

We have our revenge at home. I cannot see us playing as badly again.

I thought that until I saw us against Valencia ..
Hardly looked like scoring (apart from the unfairly disallowed goal) and we didn't really deserve a draw overall.
However Valencia looked a far better side last Thursday than Cardiff did against us at their place.
Cardiff starting to falter on 22:43 - Nov 30 with 2074 viewsTokijo

Valencia are the better side.
Cardiff starting to falter on 22:46 - Nov 30 with 2066 viewsDarran

Cardiff starting to falter on 22:30 - Nov 30 by jacksinceever

I thought that until I saw us against Valencia ..
Hardly looked like scoring (apart from the unfairly disallowed goal) and we didn't really deserve a draw overall.
However Valencia looked a far better side last Thursday than Cardiff did against us at their place.

So we did look like scoring then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff starting to falter on 22:49 - Nov 30 with 2058 viewsjacksinceever

Cardiff starting to falter on 22:43 - Nov 30 by Tokijo

Valencia are the better side.

The way we played on Thursday though (the good goal aside) we would have struggled to draw or win against anyone. It's the type of performance I hope I don't see too often
Cardiff starting to falter on 22:54 - Nov 30 with 2049 viewssketty_jack

and the one of the line..
Cardiff starting to falter on 23:00 - Nov 30 with 2041 viewsjacksinceever

Cardiff starting to falter on 22:54 - Nov 30 by sketty_jack

and the one of the line..

Beginning to sound a bit like "What did the Romans ever do for us? nothing ..
Apart from, roads, plumbing, etc, etc, etc"
I appreciate against Valencia and Cardiff there were a few chances, but the overall point is that relatively few chances were created, and that we need more positivity, especially in winnable games.
Cardiff starting to falter on 23:04 - Nov 30 with 1937 viewsSwanseajill

Cardiff starting to falter on 22:49 - Nov 30 by jacksinceever

The way we played on Thursday though (the good goal aside) we would have struggled to draw or win against anyone. It's the type of performance I hope I don't see too often

We are only as good as the opposition allows us to be.

On Thursday we were playing a cracking side, lady luck was elswhere singing with the fat lady, and I cant agree that we played so badly.

Just that Valencia were on a roll, and we had two injuries and were definitely.. not on the referees xmas list.
Cardiff starting to falter on 23:09 - Nov 30 with 1927 viewsDarran

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:04 - Nov 30 by Swanseajill

On Thursday we were playing a cracking side, lady luck was elswhere singing with the fat lady, and I cant agree that we played so badly.

Just that Valencia were on a roll, and we had two injuries and were definitely.. not on the referees xmas list.

Great post,absolutely on the ball.

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:15 - Nov 30 with 1914 viewsSwanseajill

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:09 - Nov 30 by Darran

Great post,absolutely on the ball.

Shame I cant kick one for toffee though!!
Cardiff starting to falter on 23:26 - Nov 30 with 1887 viewsDarran

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:15 - Nov 30 by Swanseajill

Shame I cant kick one for toffee though!!

Yeah me too.

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:37 - Nov 30 with 1866 viewsSwanseajill

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:26 - Nov 30 by Darran

Yeah me too.

I knew you were going to say that.
But you do have similarities to a player.....if you put your barnet in a bun ...like Chico
Cardiff starting to falter on 23:48 - Nov 30 with 1848 viewsDarran

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:37 - Nov 30 by Swanseajill

I knew you were going to say that.
But you do have similarities to a player.....if you put your barnet in a bun ...like Chico

Thank you lush isn't it ?

Cardiff starting to falter on 10:07 - Dec 1 with 1743 viewsjacksinceever

Cardiff starting to falter on 23:04 - Nov 30 by Swanseajill

Surely though that barring the top teams who, whatever people say, you have to pay a certain amount of respect to, we should be looking to beat teams like Stoke, Cardiff, Valencia, St. Gallen, Kuban K and West Ham. Apart from half matches against Cardiff & Stoke, we have struggled much more against these teams than we could reasonably have been expected to.
Yes, Valencia were in cracking form and deserved to win, and yes the ref didn't know his harris from his elbow, and yes we've had injuries, but still if we struggle to get results in games like these, what will happen on Sunday & Wednesday with injury ravaged squads?
Cardiff starting to falter on 10:30 - Dec 1 with 1711 views2face

Cardiff starting to falter on 17:33 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Given the regular occurrence of Mackay teams faltering come the turn of the year, they'll need to start looking to win points than scrape them soon.

As for us, I'm hoping an injection of fresh blood in the window will do something to lift the general malaise surrounding performances so far. Relegation doesn't concern me, but we're looking nothing like a top half capable side at the moment.

It seems to me that our challenge this season has been the influx of many new players. They don't know each other well enough yet. So I don't think the sollution is to get even more players. It might be boring but I actually think that patience is the sollution.
Cardiff starting to falter on 10:36 - Dec 1 with 1696 viewsjacksinceever

Cardiff starting to falter on 10:30 - Dec 1 by 2face

It seems to me that our challenge this season has been the influx of many new players. They don't know each other well enough yet. So I don't think the sollution is to get even more players. It might be boring but I actually think that patience is the sollution.

My only concern is that generally we have struggled to score with two recognised strikers in the squad. With both of them injured, we are looking light up front. Maybe it's time for the rest of the squad to stand up and be counted
Cardiff starting to falter on 10:39 - Dec 1 with 1690 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff starting to falter on 10:30 - Dec 1 by 2face

It is true that the consistent team rotations haven't helped, but most of our starting lineups contain at least 7/8 players that have been here a while. It's not that hard to adapt.

We don't seem to attack with anything like enough tempo, movement and intent on a consistent basis, which makes me think that there's quite a lot to waynekerr's belief that they've been overtrained.

Hopefully once we get past this intensive period a bit more space between games (and some fresh legs) will give us our impetus back.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024