Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we qualified? 11:37 - Nov 29 with 3003 viewsLord_Bony

Basically as I see it we are more or less through to the next 32.

In the worse case scenario...

We loose at s. Gallen with no goals. Kuban would then have to beat Valencia at their home ground with at least a four goal difference minus goals Gallen score against us.

Do you think valencia will fight for Spanish pride and field a strong team or maybe they don t care and give the benchers a chance?

Obviously a draw for us will be sufficient but what you reckon? Is it in the bag more or less?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 11:38]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Are we qualified? on 11:44 - Nov 29 with 2470 viewsGooser7

I may be wrong but goal difference is +3 for us and 0 for Kuban, which means if we lose by the minimum 1 goal, all Kuban have to do is win by 2 clear goals (them then going through on goals scored, as both the head to head results, and goal diff would be identical)?
I can see Kuban doing their bit against a reserve Valancia 11, so should make the St Gallen match an interseting one to say the least...can't wait to get over there!
Are we qualified? on 11:47 - Nov 29 with 2454 viewsdgt73

If we lose 2-0 and the Russians win 2-0 we will be out. I expect us to go through tho.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Are we qualified? on 11:51 - Nov 29 with 2440 viewsorion3016

For those travelling to Switzerland it certainly adds some excitement to the trip

Be over there now after

Are we qualified? on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 2404 viewsLord_Bony

Sorry it is just a 3 goal difference..

So the positive is st Gallen got nothing to play for and appear shite.

The negative Kuban are really on form with everything to play for against a weak Valencia who don t care about the outcome...

Both matches gonna be interesting to say the least...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Are we qualified? on 12:04 - Nov 29 with 2383 viewsorion3016

I thought st gallen played well at liberty, obviously they struggled yesterday but they'll be up for it at home

Be over there now after

Are we qualified? on 12:11 - Nov 29 with 2365 viewsParlay

Are we qualified? on 12:04 - Nov 29 by orion3016

I thought st gallen played well at liberty, obviously they struggled yesterday but they'll be up for it at home

If we fail to get a point from the last match we don't deserve to qualify as far as im concerned.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Are we qualified? on 12:43 - Nov 29 with 2297 viewsmonmouth

Are we qualified? on 12:11 - Nov 29 by Parlay

If we fail to get a point from the last match we don't deserve to qualify as far as im concerned.

Yep. My stance all along. If we don't get through we've simply tossed it away. can't understand all this handwringing 'what if' stuff. Who cares about Kuban. It's in our hands. JFDI.

No doubt somebody'll be along in a minute to say 'but what if we go out, what if we get relegated boo hoo', what about all the other infinite 'possibilities' panic, whine.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are we qualified? on 13:19 - Nov 29 with 2225 viewsLord_Bony

Errr this is a football forum right?

It s nice to have some different views,that s what makes it interesting...and dare I say it

educational.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 13:21]

Login to get fewer ads

Are we qualified? on 13:53 - Nov 29 with 2170 viewsmonmouth

Are we qualified? on 13:19 - Nov 29 by Lord_Bony

Errr this is a football forum right?

It s nice to have some different views,that s what makes it interesting...and dare I say it

educational.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2013 13:21]

In work, hangover, no sleep, bad mood....annoyed that we didnt JFDI last night rather than having to wait two weeks, but yeah, bring on the 'jessies' ;)

Are we qualified? on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 2105 viewsGlyn1

We're 90% certain to go through. And we'll be playing at home on 20th Feb and away on the 27th Feb if anyone wants to book time off from work.

We won't know who we're playing until the draw on 16 December, but if we don't get a Champions League drop out then I think that we have a decent chance of progressing. If you look at who are currently top of their mini-leagues there's no-one to be scared of, although there are a lot of east European and Russian teams that I've never heard of.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Are we qualified? on 15:08 - Nov 29 with 2064 viewsAl_Bundy

Are we qualified? on 11:58 - Nov 29 by Lord_Bony

Sorry it is just a 3 goal difference..

So the positive is st Gallen got nothing to play for and appear shite.

The negative Kuban are really on form with everything to play for against a weak Valencia who don t care about the outcome...

Both matches gonna be interesting to say the least...

Valencia will put out a decent side and go for the win. Their home form is not very good and the fans are on their back most home matches to find wins from somewhere to gain some momentum got La Liga
Are we qualified? on 16:44 - Nov 29 with 1972 viewsDavillin

Are we qualified? on 12:43 - Nov 29 by monmouth

Yep. My stance all along. If we don't get through we've simply tossed it away. can't understand all this handwringing 'what if' stuff. Who cares about Kuban. It's in our hands. JFDI.

No doubt somebody'll be along in a minute to say 'but what if we go out, what if we get relegated boo hoo', what about all the other infinite 'possibilities' panic, whine.

This is a completely respectful post. I don't know whether you know that your post above is almost pure stoicism (football-style). For me, stoicism is the only guide to a happy life. Thanks for posting that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Are we qualified? on 17:55 - Nov 29 with 1921 viewsYougle

Our faith is in Valencia's hands more than ours really, if they can be bothered to get a result we could even lose in Sankt Gallen and go through.

The chances of us not progressing are less than 5% AFAIK.
Are we qualified? on 18:23 - Nov 29 with 1882 viewsjack_lord

I am beginning to think that the gods are not on our side with the decisions going against us, penalties not given and goals disallowed as well as many fouls ignored and the rub of the green that has seen Kuban equalise twice in the the last few seconds and ball ricocheting to a Valencia striker to slot home.

We should be on 15 points but are on 8 with Kuban breathing down our neck - let's hope I'm wrong and Michu does a Michu.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Are we qualified? on 18:28 - Nov 29 with 1878 viewsDarran

Are we qualified? on 12:43 - Nov 29 by monmouth

No no what he's saying is if we finish in 2nd place after losing to St Gallen we don't deserve to go through which of course is some of the biggest bollox you'll ever read ........ anywhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are we qualified? on 18:29 - Nov 29 with 1873 viewsmonmouth

Are we qualified? on 18:23 - Nov 29 by jack_lord

I am beginning to think that the gods are not on our side with the decisions going against us, penalties not given and goals disallowed as well as many fouls ignored and the rub of the green that has seen Kuban equalise twice in the the last few seconds and ball ricocheting to a Valencia striker to slot home.

We should be on 15 points but are on 8 with Kuban breathing down our neck - let's hope I'm wrong and Michu does a Michu.

St Gal missed a pen too JL.......

Are we qualified? on 18:32 - Nov 29 with 1858 viewsjack_lord

Are we qualified? on 18:29 - Nov 29 by monmouth

St Gal missed a pen too JL.......

They did too. I had forgotten about that ( was there something dubious about it ?).

Are we qualified? on 18:43 - Nov 29 with 1829 viewsmonmouth

Are we qualified? on 18:32 - Nov 29 by jack_lord

They did too. I had forgotten about that ( was there something dubious about it ?).

Aye. Tiandalli.

Are we qualified? on 18:52 - Nov 29 with 1809 viewsjack_lord

Are we qualified? on 18:43 - Nov 29 by monmouth

Aye. Tiandalli.

Rub of the green again, they should never have had that penalty - though what Tiendelli was doing on the pitch is another matter.

Are we qualified? on 20:07 - Nov 29 with 1740 viewsmatt_the_jack

Are we qualified? on 18:52 - Nov 29 by jack_lord

Rub of the green again, they should never have had that penalty - though what Tiendelli was doing on the pitch is another matter.

He should've been sent off in that game, looked like he denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Are we qualified? on 22:52 - Nov 29 with 1673 viewsParlay

Are we qualified? on 18:28 - Nov 29 by Darran

No no what he's saying is if we finish in 2nd place after losing to St Gallen we don't deserve to go through which of course is some of the biggest bollox you'll ever read ........ anywhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pedantic post there Darran.

If we finish 2nd then of course we deserve to go through.

I thought it was pretty obvious what i was saying. If we fail to pick up a point and as a result fail to qualify then naturally we dont deserve to go through.

Although you knew that didnt you.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Are we qualified? on 11:48 - Nov 30 with 1528 viewsLiam12345

we shouldnt even be in this position when we are at our best we are the best in the group now we are a little woried about quallifying

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Are we qualified? on 13:14 - Nov 30 with 1480 viewsLord_Bony

A bitter pill to swallow

Are we qualified? on 23:51 - Nov 30 with 1382 viewsJackFish

Are we qualified? on 13:14 - Nov 30 by Lord_Bony

A bitter pill to swallow

With 30 seconds left of both Kuban games we were all but qualified, crazy that they can still catch us.
Are we qualified? on 15:18 - Dec 1 with 1293 viewsCatullus

I wasn't gonna post on here again but sod it!!

That we aren't already qualified is entirely our own fault. We have shown ourselves incapable of defending a narrow lead many times. But still we sit back, why?
Laudrup isn't perfect, nobody is, he ( like the players) makes mistakes. Football can be a cruel task master. If we don't get through it will be one of those things BUT, it's still in our own hands. The players should most certainly be up for it.
We have hardly ever been at our best this season. We have injuries to key players. Our squad looks a little stretched but we are doing ok. We are a couple of results away from being in a better position than the same time last season, still in Europe and have picked up a little recently.
Why must people panic?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024