Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody Racists 18:13 - Nov 19 with 8894 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509893/York-University-students-black-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bloody Racists on 20:14 - Nov 19 with 890 viewsLohengrin

Bloody Racists on 20:01 - Nov 19 by Jackinthebox

Sure. But, to clarify why you're asking so I can give an appropriate response:

Are you asking A) why the situation was offensive or B) why I, as a white person, find this offensive?

What the heck, I'll just answer both quickly:

A) The perpetuation of a stereotype from the minstrel shows etc.

B) The same way I would be offended by a holocaust denier despite my being not Jewish.

I'm a massive, massive fan of Minstrelsy. Not the daft TV shows, but the real stuff from the Medicine Shows of the '20s. The tunes off Harry Smith's American Anthology of Folk Music or the recent collection Good for what ails you are out of this world.

Warwick will know what I'm talking about here - The Memphis Sheiks, Emmett Miller, Charlie Poole. Their songs went on to be covered by the likes of Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Gerorge Jones. Just fantastic tunes.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bloody Racists on 20:14 - Nov 19 with 890 viewsdgt73

Bloody Racists on 20:09 - Nov 19 by Jackinthebox

What a horrible person you are.

And why is that then. I make up my own mind what I belive, just because someone says you must belive this or that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Bloody Racists on 20:14 - Nov 19 with 890 viewsNeath_Jack

Bloody Racists on 20:12 - Nov 19 by Jackinthebox

Empathy, understanding, disgust. A number of reasons, really. It depends on the person?

So, if you do not agree with something, or someones view, you are automatically offended by it/them? Is there a sliding scale of "offendedness"?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bloody Racists on 20:16 - Nov 19 with 878 viewsJackinthebox

Bloody Racists on 20:14 - Nov 19 by dgt73

And why is that then. I make up my own mind what I belive, just because someone says you must belive this or that.

I'd respect your opinion if that were the case, but you wrote "I don't want to understand, because I don't give a fuk." So, you haven't made up your mind, have you?
Bloody Racists on 20:17 - Nov 19 with 872 viewsJackinthebox

Bloody Racists on 20:14 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

So, if you do not agree with something, or someones view, you are automatically offended by it/them? Is there a sliding scale of "offendedness"?

No. Probably.
Bloody Racists on 20:17 - Nov 19 with 869 viewsNeath_Jack

Bloody Racists on 20:17 - Nov 19 by Jackinthebox

No. Probably.

You backed yourself into a corner. Definitely.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Bloody Racists on 20:17 - Nov 19 with 869 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bloody Racists on 20:12 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

Serious question. Are you offended by the students, or a holocaust denier?

Personally? No. That's not to say that I don't understand why some would take offence. I do, however, find the "I call a spade a spade" "non-PC" brigade hugely amusing. As you probably noticed. And I also enjoy the many famous examples of "PC Gone MAD!!" which mostly turn out to be complete bulldust. This is a great time of year for them, that "Christmas is banned" headline has already been shared by four of my "friends" on Facebook with typically outraged comments about how they should eff off home if they don't like our customs. Despite the fact that it's eight years old, gets trotted out every year and wasn't true in the first place. Great stuff.

I mentally predicted how this thread would pan out when I made my first post on it. I haven't been in any way disappointed.

ETA - I stand by what I said though. To think blacking up is OK in the 21st century shows a remarkable level of either stupidity, naivety or ignorance.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

Bloody Racists on 20:18 - Nov 19 with 865 viewsJackinthebox

Bloody Racists on 20:17 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

You backed yourself into a corner. Definitely.

What, by answering your questions?
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody Racists on 20:19 - Nov 19 with 863 viewsdgt73

Bloody Racists on 20:16 - Nov 19 by Jackinthebox

I'd respect your opinion if that were the case, but you wrote "I don't want to understand, because I don't give a fuk." So, you haven't made up your mind, have you?

I dont want respect from a knobhead like you.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Bloody Racists on 20:20 - Nov 19 with 859 viewsNeath_Jack

Bloody Racists on 20:17 - Nov 19 by exiledclaseboy

Personally? No. That's not to say that I don't understand why some would take offence. I do, however, find the "I call a spade a spade" "non-PC" brigade hugely amusing. As you probably noticed. And I also enjoy the many famous examples of "PC Gone MAD!!" which mostly turn out to be complete bulldust. This is a great time of year for them, that "Christmas is banned" headline has already been shared by four of my "friends" on Facebook with typically outraged comments about how they should eff off home if they don't like our customs. Despite the fact that it's eight years old, gets trotted out every year and wasn't true in the first place. Great stuff.

I mentally predicted how this thread would pan out when I made my first post on it. I haven't been in any way disappointed.

ETA - I stand by what I said though. To think blacking up is OK in the 21st century shows a remarkable level of either stupidity, naivety or ignorance.

Thank you Andrew, and that is why your are Planets Swans bestest ever poster.

Aye the facebook, xmas is cancelled bro generation is fantastic. File alongside Abduls shop wont serve anyone wearing a poppy.

Bloody Racists on 20:20 - Nov 19 with 857 viewsLohengrin

Bloody Racists on 20:17 - Nov 19 by exiledclaseboy

I bet you didn't think George Jones would find his way into it though, Clase?

Bloody Racists on 20:21 - Nov 19 with 853 viewsJackinthebox

Bloody Racists on 20:14 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

I'm a massive, massive fan of Minstrelsy. Not the daft TV shows, but the real stuff from the Medicine Shows of the '20s. The tunes off Harry Smith's American Anthology of Folk Music or the recent collection Good for what ails you are out of this world.

Warwick will know what I'm talking about here - The Memphis Sheiks, Emmett Miller, Charlie Poole. Their songs went on to be covered by the likes of Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Gerorge Jones. Just fantastic tunes.

I should clarify that I was talking about the daft TV shows.

I have no experience or understanding of the real stuff, but I know you know your apples.
Bloody Racists on 20:21 - Nov 19 with 853 viewsNeath_Jack

Bloody Racists on 20:18 - Nov 19 by Jackinthebox

What, by answering your questions?

Just because people are not offended by the same things as you, it doesnt make them a horrible person.

Bloody Racists on 20:22 - Nov 19 with 850 viewsJackinthebox

Bloody Racists on 20:21 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

Just because people are not offended by the same things as you, it doesnt make them a horrible person.

Didn't I agree with that?
Bloody Racists on 20:23 - Nov 19 with 846 viewsWingstandwood

I've noticed one thing about a typical P.C brigade employee? They tend to earn shit loads of money. Preach equality that is not represented by the differential in their pay-packets when compared to the rest of society. Have to look for things to be 'offended' (not matter how inoffensive) about so it can justify their rather superfluous and unrequired existence! Its complete and utter bullshit and it's all about money folks!

Argus!

Bloody Racists on 20:23 - Nov 19 with 845 viewsJackinthebox

Bloody Racists on 20:19 - Nov 19 by dgt73

I dont want respect from a knobhead like you.

Then our relationship is working out perfectly for the both of us.
Bloody Racists on 20:23 - Nov 19 with 844 viewsNeath_Jack

Bloody Racists on 20:22 - Nov 19 by Jackinthebox

Didn't I agree with that?

No.

Bloody Racists on 20:25 - Nov 19 with 838 viewsJackinthebox

Bloody Racists on 20:23 - Nov 19 by Neath_Jack

No.

Well, then, I apologize if I wasn't clear. No, I am not automatically offended by someone with a differing opinion. That, in itself, is no reason to be offended.
Bloody Racists on 20:26 - Nov 19 with 832 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bloody Racists on 20:23 - Nov 19 by Wingstandwood

I've noticed one thing about a typical P.C brigade employee? They tend to earn shit loads of money. Preach equality that is not represented by the differential in their pay-packets when compared to the rest of society. Have to look for things to be 'offended' (not matter how inoffensive) about so it can justify their rather superfluous and unrequired existence! Its complete and utter bullshit and it's all about money folks!

I'm telling you mate these loony left councils employ people purely to look out for politically incorrect stuff to be offended and outraged about. £60k per year some of them get paid. I've seen it myself. Crazy.

Poll: Tory leader

Bloody Racists on 20:29 - Nov 19 with 821 viewsWarwickHunt

Bloody Racists on 20:14 - Nov 19 by Lohengrin

I do indeed mate. Jimmie Rodgers and Bob Wills blacked up FFS...

Times have changed, but students dressing up as characters from a comedy drama (in which they were warmly and positively portrayed) is about as racist as me eating a bagel.
Bloody Racists on 20:35 - Nov 19 with 810 viewsLohengrin

Bloody Racists on 20:29 - Nov 19 by WarwickHunt

I do indeed mate. Jimmie Rodgers and Bob Wills blacked up FFS...

Times have changed, but students dressing up as characters from a comedy drama (in which they were warmly and positively portrayed) is about as racist as me eating a bagel.

Times have changed, pal. Look at how Leadbelly portrays himself here....

Lomax does love his nigra songs too!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024