Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. 16:38 - Nov 13 with 6692 viewsNOTRAC

There is a massive bias by the Welsh F A towards matches taking place at the Cardiff City stadium rather than at the Liberty.In the World Cup qualifiers four out of the five home games were played at Cardiff and only the game against Croatia was played at Swansea.
It could be argued that the reason for this is the fact that Cardiff has the greater capacity, but only once (Scotland 23429) was the attendance above the capacity of tHe Liberty.
Indeed the crowd at the Croatia game (12534) was higher than the crowd at Cardiff to see Macedonia(11257) and Serbia (10923).
Indeed only 6323 turned up at Cardiff to see Australia in a friendly international in August 2011 .
Once again Cardiff has been chosen for the friendly against Finland and to boost sales we are being told that children go in for a pound.
The Liberty has not been chosen for one big name International, friendly or otherwise since it was built.
This bias towards Cardiff will probably mean that the Liberty won,t even have a decent qualifying game even after the ground capacity has been increased.
I personally find the idea of going to the Cardiff City Stadium to watch Wales play ,a turnoff, and I am sure I am not the only one.
If Swansea is not going to be chosen on a fair basis in the future, I would prefer to see the games return to the Millenium Stadium.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:33 - Nov 13 with 1667 viewsdgt73

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:24 - Nov 13 by Darran

And people say this site is dying,all I did was say the CCS was a better stadium than the Lib and then you get this crap.

If its dying, that's probably because of poor fishing trips like the one your on, I asked you a fair question and you gave a stupid answer and so on and so on. I was going to spend at least an hour on here tonight, but I think I'll take the dog for a walk instead.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:37 - Nov 13 with 1662 viewsGrandPrix

All should be played at the millennium. Neutral venue, national stadium and great for the younger generation of Wales supporters to see even when empty.
Club stadiums divide supporters, some jacks won't go to ccfc stadium out of principle and vice versa for the liberty.
I use to go regularly to the millennium, great place and easy access from the train

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:38 - Nov 13 with 1659 viewsDarran

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:33 - Nov 13 by dgt73

If its dying, that's probably because of poor fishing trips like the one your on, I asked you a fair question and you gave a stupid answer and so on and so on. I was going to spend at least an hour on here tonight, but I think I'll take the dog for a walk instead.

I'm not/wasn't on a fishing trip I simply posted my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 19:21 - Nov 13 with 1624 viewsDull1Thomas

TBH I'm not that fussed - if it were at the Lib I'd probably try to go and reduce my spare cash which is in demand for the St Gallen game.

I think fans in North Wales have a rough time though. Although Wrexham are no longer in the league the gogs are good supporters of Wales.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 19:22]

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 19:44 - Nov 13 with 1603 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Look at it this way, i would prefer to keep our pitch as decent as possible. The ball doesn't touch the grass much at Lego so it won't interfere too much with the Dragons

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 19:57 - Nov 13 with 1588 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:43 - Nov 13 by orion3016

Good point
The days of 74000 going to millennium to watch Azerbaijan like in 2003 are a million miles away so I doubt we will be rushing back there for sometime
I also can't bring myself to attending Legoland as there are too many knob eds abusing our players
From an monetary point of view clearly swansea are losing out

I can't remember ever hearing any knob eds abusing our players at Legoland. I'm not saying it never happens, but I reckon it's quite a rare occurrence. I think the vast majority of people who go to watch Wales put any club allegiances at the backs of their minds for the 90 minutes.
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:28 - Nov 13 with 1561 viewsGrandPrix

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 19:57 - Nov 13 by JacksawayatWalesgame

I can't remember ever hearing any knob eds abusing our players at Legoland. I'm not saying it never happens, but I reckon it's quite a rare occurrence. I think the vast majority of people who go to watch Wales put any club allegiances at the backs of their minds for the 90 minutes.

I've been and swans players have been regularly booed, sad

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 23:25 - Nov 13 with 1508 viewsJBT95

Personally never really heard any abuse aimed at our players.

Normally get some idiot that says "Bale, sign for Cardiff" though.

Would not want a move back to the Millennium unless we could get at least over 40k, it's too big to have 28k rattling around.
Login to get fewer ads

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 00:03 - Nov 14 with 1500 viewsScoobyWho

Letter to FAW

Dear Sirs,
Stuff your international rubbish up your cavernous asses.
Regards
The real Scooby

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 07:22 - Nov 14 with 1471 viewsAndy1300

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:14 - Nov 13 by Senhin

It's easier for people to get to Cardiff.

Not from south west wales it's not.....
[Post edited 14 Nov 2013 7:24]

Number 1 team in Wales

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 07:24 - Nov 14 with 1469 views1jack

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:26 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

If the game's rubbish you can break bits off and make other things with them to entertain yourself.

Very good point.
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 07:39 - Nov 14 with 1457 viewsSuperSwans

I hate Cardiff as much as the rest but come on there ground anit that bad
at least you don't have to be in the que to buy food along with people that need a p**s
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 07:53 - Nov 14 with 1444 viewsChief

I don't think its right that Wales play in a stadium that proudly displays huge flags of Malaysia all over the stadium!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 08:07 - Nov 14 with 1439 viewsItchySphincter

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 23:25 - Nov 13 by JBT95

Personally never really heard any abuse aimed at our players.

Normally get some idiot that says "Bale, sign for Cardiff" though.

Would not want a move back to the Millennium unless we could get at least over 40k, it's too big to have 28k rattling around.

Really? I think your hearing aid needs new batteries. I have heard Ben and Taylor loudly booed when ever they touch the ball for Wales. If you haven't heard that you weren't there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:31 - Nov 14 with 1342 viewsScoobyWho

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 08:07 - Nov 14 by ItchySphincter

Really? I think your hearing aid needs new batteries. I have heard Ben and Taylor loudly booed when ever they touch the ball for Wales. If you haven't heard that you weren't there.

And this is a stone cold fact. And this still remains a fact as long as the reds keep getting the prime games.

It was a problem in 1975, and is still a problem now.

Hence fu ck em.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 13:41 - Nov 15 with 1264 viewsAshleyCCFC

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:23 - Nov 13 by JBT95

The Stadium is crap, cheap and plastic, no doubt just to have a bigger capacity than ours. When it rains, a lot of people get wet, including the management & playing staff!!

I laughed at the Derby the other day, joke about to my mates saying they have a racing track in the concourse, to find a burger van to be parked in there.

I also laughed at the derby the other day. When Caulker rocked the onion bag and all your fans started crying.
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 13:43 - Nov 15 with 1259 viewsDarran

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 13:41 - Nov 15 by AshleyCCFC

I also laughed at the derby the other day. When Caulker rocked the onion bag and all your fans started crying.

That's quite a funny reply.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 13:53 - Nov 15 with 1255 viewsItchySphincter

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 13:41 - Nov 15 by AshleyCCFC

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 19:45 - Nov 15 with 1226 viewsGowerjack

Personally I couldn't give a flying feck about the Wales team or where they play.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:13 - Nov 15 with 1215 viewsKrisP

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 19:44 - Nov 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Look at it this way, i would prefer to keep our pitch as decent as possible. The ball doesn't touch the grass much at Lego so it won't interfere too much with the Dragons

I agree, I'd rather our pitch have a week off.
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:27 - Nov 15 with 1210 viewsScoobyDoo

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:31 - Nov 14 by ScoobyWho

And this is a stone cold fact. And this still remains a fact as long as the reds keep getting the prime games.

It was a problem in 1975, and is still a problem now.

Hence fu ck em.

You're a lad ain't you butt? .

I reckon the reason you don't get many games is the fact that when you were at the wretch you had that qualifying game and you hadn't paid the leccy bill. remember when the lights went out for about half hour, one of you lot picked my pocket as well when the lights were out you bounders. The FAW or me never forgive you after that, rightly so too.
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:34 - Nov 15 with 1198 viewsdgt73

I find it embarrassing that wales play in a stadium with malaysian flags everywhere.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:37 - Nov 15 with 1193 viewsScoobyDoo

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:34 - Nov 15 by dgt73

I find it embarrassing that wales play in a stadium with malaysian flags everywhere.

Yeah almost as embarrassing as when opposing teams have to get the Sat Navs out to find your place?
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:48 - Nov 15 with 1184 viewsdgt73

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:37 - Nov 15 by ScoobyDoo

Yeah almost as embarrassing as when opposing teams have to get the Sat Navs out to find your place?

Truth hurts does it.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 21:13 - Nov 15 with 1176 viewsScoobyDoo

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 20:48 - Nov 15 by dgt73

Truth hurts does it.

Yeah it does, what was it again?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024