Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season 10:31 - Apr 19 with 4170 viewsrsonist

"I think it would be difficult for Ali if Harry Redknapp is there. After all, he wasn’t giving him much chance after he took over. But Ali loves London and he loves QPR, where he would be delighted to return if they want him.

“He has a year left on his contract, and he wants to go somewhere where he can play regularly. It’s all about playing games for him.”

“If there is a place for Alejandro because QPR have a change of heart we would want to explore all options.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/04/qpr-transfers-alejandro-faurlin-palerm
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 14:35 - Apr 19 with 1015 viewsWesty75

Bring him back. Top lad, great attitude, and even if he's lost a bit of
zip he'd still be great to have in the championship. No brainer for me.

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 14:53 - Apr 19 with 995 viewssevenhoop

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:45 - Apr 19 by ozexile

I really hope someone at the club can have a word with redknapp and tell him to give Faurlin a good pre season and witness an amazing player.

totally agree - he is pure quality, as he showed for much of this season before he fell under Hughes' "you are all crap" spell...
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 15:26 - Apr 19 with 967 viewsSonofNorfolt

I was at Palermo v Bologna last Sunday but didn't get the chance to have a chat with him.
He's better than the midfield they've got playing as he is of ours.
Jenas or Faurlin? Do me a favour.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 20:00 - Apr 19 with 898 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:02 - Apr 19 by Northernr

"It's an odd one though because Harry said he had no intention of selling him, that he liked him, that he thought he had a great attitude - then he loaned him out."

I'm amazed anybody still believes anything Redknapp ever says. Not knocking the guy, it's the way he operates and it works for him in the transfer market, but if he told me it was Friday today I'd seek a second opinion.

don't get me wrong norf, i didn't believe him for a second. can't bear him and his two-faced ways. never the right man, still isn't.

Bare bones.

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 20:15 - Apr 19 with 888 viewsBushRangerW12

I think he could do a great job for us in the Championship. Certainly more than Mbia.
Catch up on my latest QPR blog at
http://beataboutthebushranger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/23-not-cutting-mustard.html

The Bush Ranger

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 21:07 - Apr 19 with 863 viewsPommyhoop

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 20:15 - Apr 19 by BushRangerW12

I think he could do a great job for us in the Championship. Certainly more than Mbia.
Catch up on my latest QPR blog at
http://beataboutthebushranger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/23-not-cutting-mustard.html

I'd be playing him with Mbia instead of Jennas and getting rid of Park and Granero.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 09:57 - Apr 20 with 790 viewsSomersetHoops

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 10:49 - Apr 19 by Hunterhoop

We'd be absolutely mad not to have him hear next season.

Whether he's quite the player he was, whether he can return to that level at some in the future are of secondary concern when we're in the Championship next season. He was and in still the best passer of the ball in our squad and his movement (to find himself space to receive a pass) is better than Mbia, Derry, Granero, Jenas, etc.

Strength, pace, confidence may be shot but TF, Beard and 'Arry deservce shooting if they jettision him.

COACH PLAYERS WHO CARE AND WE KNOW HAVE DELIVERED FOR US.

If Ale really wants to do a job for QPR next season then I agree and with a good pre-season he could return to the quality he has shown before. If that happens not only should we keep him we should talk to him about a contract extension. Of course this may just be an agent doing his job in trying to get Ale a good move, knowing that Harry doesn't really rate him.

I'm not certain of Harry's judgement of lower league players his recent experience has not been at that level. I hope we have someone on board who does know where the player targets we need are. I am also concerned that according to reports Harry is having a meeting with Beard to decide who we are trying to keep and who will be encouraged to leave. After what has happened so far under Beard's term as CEO I think its time Beard was taken out of the discussions about the team. He is the equivalent of puting an accountant who knows nothing else in charge of an organisation. I've seen so many fail with this approach and QPR has gone that route and failed, so its time that was dealt with.

Who's Next?

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 12:26 - Apr 20 with 768 viewsolderR

In the Independent today NW picked the best team from the players he had managed and said Faurlin "Was by far the best all-round midfielder I have had".
Login to get fewer ads

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 12:51 - Apr 20 with 752 viewsPey

Big fan of Ale, think he can play a large part in the Championship for us.
All he needs is a Manager who provides him with trust and assurance he clearly needs.
Didn't get that from either Hughes or Harry this season.
He was also a main reason why Taarabt could flourish in the Championship, they have such a good understanding on the pitch.
Shame HR did not continue that Fulham line up further and switch multiple partners too Mbia in the likes of Granero, Jenas, Park.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 12:52 - Apr 20 with 751 viewspaulparker

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 12:26 - Apr 20 by olderR

In the Independent today NW picked the best team from the players he had managed and said Faurlin "Was by far the best all-round midfielder I have had".

he also picked him in his midfield on that fantasy manager programme with merson the other week,
hopefully our colin can have a word in Arrys shell like

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:27 - Apr 20 with 740 viewsgobbles

I cannot understand the love affair with Faurlin. He has played 33 Premier League games for QPR and we have won 5. Yet to hear some people, nothing that has gone wrong could possibly have been anything to do with him.
Yes, he had a bad injury and was probably rushed back to quick. But he played in every match of the terrible run that led to Warnock being sacked last season and played no role in the run that got us out of trouble.
Maybe it's just fitness, but he has looked too slow and easily hurried off the ball when he played this season. It could just be that other clubs have sussed him out and not given him time on the ball. And at the same time he has an agent who has clearly agitated for a move and is still doing so. Maybe Faurlin is desperate to return, but maybe that is because Palermo haven't played him in their own relegation scrap.
It is up to Faurlin to prove himself, like every other player, it's not really up to the club to wet nurse him. And before people go throwing new contracts at him, he signed a new one last season when he was doing well, so he's another who will be on Premier League wages when/if we go down.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:31 - Apr 20 with 737 viewsTheBlob

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:27 - Apr 20 by gobbles

I cannot understand the love affair with Faurlin. He has played 33 Premier League games for QPR and we have won 5. Yet to hear some people, nothing that has gone wrong could possibly have been anything to do with him.
Yes, he had a bad injury and was probably rushed back to quick. But he played in every match of the terrible run that led to Warnock being sacked last season and played no role in the run that got us out of trouble.
Maybe it's just fitness, but he has looked too slow and easily hurried off the ball when he played this season. It could just be that other clubs have sussed him out and not given him time on the ball. And at the same time he has an agent who has clearly agitated for a move and is still doing so. Maybe Faurlin is desperate to return, but maybe that is because Palermo haven't played him in their own relegation scrap.
It is up to Faurlin to prove himself, like every other player, it's not really up to the club to wet nurse him. And before people go throwing new contracts at him, he signed a new one last season when he was doing well, so he's another who will be on Premier League wages when/if we go down.

So it's solely down to him we only won 5 out of 33.

Righto.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:57 - Apr 20 with 721 viewsgobbles

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 13:31 - Apr 20 by TheBlob

So it's solely down to him we only won 5 out of 33.

Righto.

Yeah, like I actually said that.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 16:32 - Apr 20 with 692 viewsderbyhoop

Not sure Faurlin had the pace for the Premiership, and that was before the injury. But, in the Championship he surely has the football brain to be effective at that level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 18:51 - Apr 20 with 672 viewsNorthLondonR

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 14:10 - Apr 19 by hoops_legend

I would rather Harry goes than Faurlin and that is the truth. Genuinely seems to care for QPR... and is a class act

Even this season he has been fantastic in some games..

After today you are a footballing Nostradamus - our ball retention specifically in the middle of the park was dreadful and given our opposition this was one area we should have exploited..... You do have to question tactics... Faurlin would have been perfect, Diakite would have been great.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 18:56 - Apr 20 with 610 viewswittle

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 18:51 - Apr 20 by NorthLondonR

After today you are a footballing Nostradamus - our ball retention specifically in the middle of the park was dreadful and given our opposition this was one area we should have exploited..... You do have to question tactics... Faurlin would have been perfect, Diakite would have been great.

funny how players always become better when they are not in the team.Diakte has been poor this season and faurlin wasnt pulling up any trees before he went out on loan.
Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 19:01 - Apr 20 with 598 viewsNorthLondonR

Ali Faurlin desperate to return for next season on 18:56 - Apr 20 by wittle

funny how players always become better when they are not in the team.Diakte has been poor this season and faurlin wasnt pulling up any trees before he went out on loan.

But if you watched the game today you will understand why we needed composure in the middle... Stoke do not play through the middle and therefore the nonsense about diakite being a liability because if his disciplinary history is null and void. We needed individuals to out there foot on the ball and continually push the ball forwards and sideways - instead of the pump the ball upfield policy which we employed today. Yes you could say its easier to look through hindsight but how any coaches on 3 mill quid a year cannot spot simple patterns of play is beyond me....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024