Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on Timmy? 22:59 - Sep 10 with 1986 viewsDaley_Lama

1 set up

1 break up

Cue 'jock git' comments.

Poll: DF in or out

Come on Timmy? on 11:44 - Sep 12 with 477 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Come on Timmy? on 11:29 - Sep 12 by fitzochris

The agenda of the Press up here is more about underling that Murray is Scottish rather than British, rather than building him up beyond what he is, as is usually the case with the English Press and, say, our national football team.

And you're analogy is wrong. Tennis has become a big deal in Scotland because of Murray. A radio phone-in this morning had people claiming they actually turned off Scotland's inept footballing display last night to watch a Sky Plussed US final.

It's still not everyone's cup of tea, of course, but tennis's popularity has risen considerably in Scotland. It is not, as you say, unnecessary.

The Murrays and McIllroys of the Home Nations are stealing the limelight as these country's national sports continue to flop competitively.

"A radio phone-in this morning had people claiming they actually turned off Scotland's inept footballing display last night to watch a Sky Plussed US final."

Well, how can I argue with a radio phone in!! The Broadcaster' Audience Research Board might as well jack it in when the evidence is so overpowering! Quite surprising this didn't turn up on the richter scale!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/murray-vows-to-drive-the-eng
Come on Timmy? on 12:12 - Sep 12 with 468 viewsfitzochris

Come on Timmy? on 11:44 - Sep 12 by Albert_Whitehurst

"A radio phone-in this morning had people claiming they actually turned off Scotland's inept footballing display last night to watch a Sky Plussed US final."

Well, how can I argue with a radio phone in!! The Broadcaster' Audience Research Board might as well jack it in when the evidence is so overpowering! Quite surprising this didn't turn up on the richter scale!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/murray-vows-to-drive-the-eng

Listen, I was using the phone-in as the most recent example.

I live in this country, work in its media, mix with the people on a daily basis. I think that qualifies me to comment on the general consensus on tennis in Scotland at the moment.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Come on Timmy? on 12:25 - Sep 12 with 463 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Come on Timmy? on 12:12 - Sep 12 by fitzochris

Listen, I was using the phone-in as the most recent example.

I live in this country, work in its media, mix with the people on a daily basis. I think that qualifies me to comment on the general consensus on tennis in Scotland at the moment.

It's a football messageboard, no qualification needed to comment and very little of what appears here has more credence than offering individual opinion, as a large number of media employees do...from the tea lady to the sports writers!
Come on Timmy? on 12:29 - Sep 12 with 457 viewsfitzochris

Come on Timmy? on 12:25 - Sep 12 by Albert_Whitehurst

It's a football messageboard, no qualification needed to comment and very little of what appears here has more credence than offering individual opinion, as a large number of media employees do...from the tea lady to the sports writers!

On that basis, I'm looking forward to Tazzy's column in The Guardian.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024