Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Singing Section Required 17:03 - Aug 19 with 3664 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

We need a spot in the ground called a singing section and no hassle from stewards and them to let us do our work as football fans might just attract more people from their houses that were missing from yesterday

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Home Singing Section Required on 21:43 - Aug 19 with 1045 viewsPotterDale

Home Singing Section Required on 18:11 - Aug 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

well i were in TDS (Pearl Street End) trying to get an atmosphere going got looked at like i were stupid another dale fan asked me to post this on here just to make a point so i am not the only one who wants our football club to have a welcoming atmosphere???
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Don't go in the seats then
Home Singing Section Required on 21:52 - Aug 19 with 1018 viewsDaley_Lama

Home Singing Section Required on 21:33 - Aug 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

then you get looked at like your stupid its a football game its suppose to have an atmosphere to attract outsiders inside the ground

I dont think people look at you like you are stupid because you are singing while being sat down...

Val Doonican and Westlife made careers out of it, although the latter had to stand up towards the end of every song for some unknown reason.

Poll: DF in or out

Home Singing Section Required on 22:01 - Aug 19 with 999 viewsRalphs12

Home Singing Section Required on 21:52 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

I dont think people look at you like you are stupid because you are singing while being sat down...

Val Doonican and Westlife made careers out of it, although the latter had to stand up towards the end of every song for some unknown reason.

Home Singing Section Required on 22:06 - Aug 19 with 984 viewsBigKindo

Home Singing Section Required on 17:22 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

The middle of the Sandy has always had singers. If having a sing is important to anyone over the view or facilities, it's the best place to head for.

Kebab of Heaven
Kebab of Heaven
Feed me still I want some more
Feed me still I want some more
Home Singing Section Required on 22:10 - Aug 19 with 968 viewsTVOS1907

Home Singing Section Required on 21:52 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

What about Elton John?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Home Singing Section Required on 22:22 - Aug 19 with 951 viewsDaley_Lama

Home Singing Section Required on 22:10 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

What about Elton John?

He didnt sit down when singing with Kiki Dee and its pretty tough to play piano when stood up.

Elton can do whatever he wants to anyway, legend he is.

Poll: DF in or out

Home Singing Section Required on 22:29 - Aug 19 with 939 viewsTVOS1907

Home Singing Section Required on 22:22 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

He didnt sit down when singing with Kiki Dee and its pretty tough to play piano when stood up.

Elton can do whatever he wants to anyway, legend he is.

Which includes dropping his keks.

Wonder if he knows Fondles?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Home Singing Section Required on 15:19 - Aug 20 with 821 viewshitman

Home Singing Section Required on 22:10 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

What about Elton John?

He's Still standing

Login to get fewer ads

Home Singing Section Required on 19:26 - Aug 20 with 753 viewsjajadale

Home Singing Section Required on 19:13 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

Singing at cricket, mainly away tours, is on the wane.

Initially it was witty banter, gallows humour and patriotic jingoism.

Songs about Jesse Ryders drinking habits, Shaun Pollocks inability to count, Shane Warne's hair, Ashley Giles promotional mugs etc used to interspace the well known 'we are the army, the barmy army' chants.

Nowadays this has mostly dropped off and its mainly the latter and/or Billy playing tunes such as Rudolph the red nosed reindeer for Jaques Rudolph.

The reason for this??? The old timers of the BA point the finger at the increased interest in being in the BA from..... Football fans.

Jimmy Saville doesn't do home tests anymore, only away ones and part of the reason is above, but mainly its because he spends all day every day being asked for his piccy.

Thats showbiz.

I think there is another reason that Jimmy Saville doesn't go to the cricket anymore.

Can't quite think what it is though....?
Home Singing Section Required on 19:37 - Aug 20 with 739 viewsPotterDale

Home Singing Section Required on 19:26 - Aug 20 by jajadale

I think there is another reason that Jimmy Saville doesn't go to the cricket anymore.

Is it the smell?
Home Singing Section Required on 19:46 - Aug 20 with 725 viewsSuddenLad

Home Singing Section Required on 19:37 - Aug 20 by PotterDale

Is it the smell?

Clunk-Click - the stench makes us sick.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Home Singing Section Required on 23:46 - Aug 20 with 660 viewsDale_Iain

I actually agree with Tazzy here. Or at least with the intent behind his original point.

I go in the Sandy Lane because that's where most of my mates go, and generally there's a bit more atmosphere in there. I used to be a TDS regular though and I definitely prefer it in there, partly because it's a much, much better view, and partly because when it actually gets going, the noise that can be generated in there is a lot better.

I reckon if there was some sort of promotion along the lines of 'If you like to chant then go in Block X with like minded fans and make some noise', then that may get a few of the Sandy Lane singers to go in there, and for me that would only help.

Of course this probably won't ever happen, I just like the idea.
Home Singing Section Required on 23:47 - Aug 20 with 659 viewsThreeLions

Home Singing Section Required on 19:26 - Aug 20 by jajadale

Free loading bastard anyway. Just think anyone who pays the extortionate prices the ba charge for away packages is funding this fella for his 3 month holidays
Home Singing Section Required on 09:09 - Aug 21 with 597 viewsSuddenLad

Home Singing Section Required on 23:47 - Aug 20 by ThreeLions

Free loading bastard anyway. Just think anyone who pays the extortionate prices the ba charge for away packages is funding this fella for his 3 month holidays

His current 'holiday' will last quite a bit longer than that I should imagine.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Home Singing Section Required on 13:01 - Aug 21 with 544 viewsjudd

Home Singing Section Required on 09:09 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

His current 'holiday' will last quite a bit longer than that I should imagine.......

What's he been done for?

He reminds of that horrible tvvat from Portsmouth with the bell, tattoos, wig and stupid name change.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Home Singing Section Required on 13:01 - Aug 21 with 542 viewsdingdangblue

Home Singing Section Required on 09:09 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

He's gone down under hasnt he?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024