Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taiwo 16:19 - Jul 2 with 1876 viewshoopstilidie

Anybody know if we are actually exercising the permanent deal that he says was in place for him if we stayed up?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/taye-taiwo-i-want-qpr-to-stay-up-so-tha

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Taiwo on 16:21 - Jul 2 with 1860 viewsJamie

Benfica allegedly.
Taiwo on 16:23 - Jul 2 with 1841 viewshoopstilidie

Taiwo on 16:21 - Jul 2 by Jamie

Benfica allegedly.

I've seen that mentioned but if a deal had already been struck as he says then he should be signing I'd have thought.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Taiwo on 16:34 - Jul 2 with 1779 viewsRBlock

I read somewhere that we declined the option to take on permanently. Can't remember the source but if that is the case its a bit nuts. Thought he was quality but it would be nice to see Traore get gametime. His pace and skill on the ball going forward is great, he just needs to hone the defensive side of his game.
Taiwo on 16:58 - Jul 2 with 1700 viewsgjc104

Taiwo on 16:34 - Jul 2 by RBlock

I read somewhere that we declined the option to take on permanently. Can't remember the source but if that is the case its a bit nuts. Thought he was quality but it would be nice to see Traore get gametime. His pace and skill on the ball going forward is great, he just needs to hone the defensive side of his game.

Fabio has just signed for a year, so thats a no to Taiwo!
Taiwo on 16:59 - Jul 2 with 1692 viewsNorthernr

Yeh seems we're not following the interest up, not sure why.
Taiwo on 17:34 - Jul 2 with 1614 viewswestolian

Taiwo on 16:59 - Jul 2 by Northernr

A full season under his belt and I reckon he'd have been brilliant

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Taiwo on 18:11 - Jul 2 with 1529 viewssimmo

Taiwo on 17:34 - Jul 2 by westolian

A full season under his belt and I reckon he'd have been brilliant

Agreed I am a big fan. Love his character too, a real QPR persona

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Taiwo on 18:14 - Jul 2 with 1511 viewsTacticalR

Can Fabio do the Taiwo tackle?

http://twitter.com/JakeSpencer1/statuses/203974848874160129

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Taiwo on 18:35 - Jul 2 with 1477 viewsted_hendrix

Would have liked to have kept him tbh.

There was something about the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Taiwo on 18:55 - Jul 2 with 1418 viewsBedford_R

That goal he scored at Sunderland (I think) blinding. It was Adel like... Gutted if he leaves. He's more than a squad player and was developing into a great player....

RMH_R Reborn

Taiwo on 19:07 - Jul 2 with 1399 viewskingscrossdean

Heard today from some 1 inside the club that he said he was to big of a player to sign for us- so it was his
Gutted coz I realy liked him
Taiwo on 19:33 - Jul 2 with 1343 viewsHollowayRanger

cross for cisse's goal v liverpool as well was quality

giant of a defender like having a quality shittu at leftback

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Taiwo on 23:16 - Jul 2 with 1149 viewsbosh67

It may be because he couldn't actually defend. Hopeless in the air on many an occasion. However, over the half way line, spraying in crosses he looked very comfortable, but then again, so does Traore, who I also think is a wide left player and not a full back. Even at full back he was better than Taiwo. I like the idea of Traore actually playing in the position he was supposed to be in at Arsenal and got shunted backwards. And he has lightning pace.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Taiwo on 08:51 - Jul 3 with 1041 viewsjamesmackie44

Taiwo on 23:16 - Jul 2 by bosh67

It may be because he couldn't actually defend. Hopeless in the air on many an occasion. However, over the half way line, spraying in crosses he looked very comfortable, but then again, so does Traore, who I also think is a wide left player and not a full back. Even at full back he was better than Taiwo. I like the idea of Traore actually playing in the position he was supposed to be in at Arsenal and got shunted backwards. And he has lightning pace.

totally disagree. first few games he looked lumbering but soon settled, became a quality defender. lacks pace but whips one hell of a ball in to the box.
Taiwo on 09:09 - Jul 3 with 1012 viewsSomersetHoops

The thing about Taiwo is he is no lightweight and in certain games we will need defenders who can meet the players of Stoke for example on equal terms and make them think twice in taking them on. I thought once he had settled he showed skill and has a wicked kick on him. I also think he is young enough to benefit from our coaching teams instructions and if the price is not too high at this stage could be someone we add value to. Fabio might be ok, but he is too lightweight for some games. If tough strikers and midfielders intimidate Fabio, it would be great to have Taiwo on the bench to give them something to think about.

Who's Next?

Taiwo on 09:20 - Jul 3 with 982 viewsJonDoeman

Taiwo on 19:07 - Jul 2 by kingscrossdean

Heard today from some 1 inside the club that he said he was to big of a player to sign for us- so it was his

He can FcK off then!

It Is What It Is !!

Taiwo on 09:56 - Jul 3 with 938 viewsjonno

Taiwo on 19:07 - Jul 2 by kingscrossdean

Seems highly unlikely considering he was quoted as saying he was desperate for us to stay up so he could play for us next season.
Taiwo on 10:35 - Jul 3 with 896 viewsbosh67

Taiwo on 08:51 - Jul 3 by jamesmackie44

totally disagree. first few games he looked lumbering but soon settled, became a quality defender. lacks pace but whips one hell of a ball in to the box.

Agree about his delivery but his positioning and pace at the back saw him get caught out Young style quite often. I loved his attitude, he was very much playing for the shirt and I liked that. But, as I said, for me, and it's only my opinion, Traore is better at the back all day and Taiwo was kind of wasted because he's a very powerful a precise player in the opponents' half. He could certainly cross. Now we have Fabio and Traore though we do now have pace at the back and two players to cover that. Pace on the back flanks is vital, Taiwo didn't have that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Taiwo on 10:45 - Jul 3 with 879 viewsN12Hoop

Taiwo on 10:35 - Jul 3 by bosh67

Agree about his delivery but his positioning and pace at the back saw him get caught out Young style quite often. I loved his attitude, he was very much playing for the shirt and I liked that. But, as I said, for me, and it's only my opinion, Traore is better at the back all day and Taiwo was kind of wasted because he's a very powerful a precise player in the opponents' half. He could certainly cross. Now we have Fabio and Traore though we do now have pace at the back and two players to cover that. Pace on the back flanks is vital, Taiwo didn't have that.

As a fullback Traore is a fantastic attacking outlet, better than anyone we have had at this club for a very long time (Walker excluded becaue he wasn;t ours). However, he seems to be Fitz Hall like when it comes to injuries and I just cannot see him being fit and available week in week out. We saw in the latter part of the season what a difference a stable back 4 means, and with Traore at the back I don't think we'll have that. That's why I think it's a real shame that Taiwoo hasn't joined us, it would be interesting to know the real reason why.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024