Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea, I don't get it. 15:26 - Apr 5 with 4061 viewsChurchOfLes

Just got my ticket for Swansea next Wednesday.

Now can somebody clear this up, is there any truth in this Swansea playing beautiful football rumour that's going around?

It might be just me being jealous or blind because we came up at the same time but, I don't see it. When we were at their place I saw a lot of passing around the back four, it wasn't particularly pretty.

The way Adel took his goal in Saturday, now that my friends, that was beautiful... right?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:29 - Apr 5 with 3246 viewss1cRanger

I think Swansea may beat us.

I hope not but I have a feeling - typical as its one of the only games my Dad can get to.
Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:30 - Apr 5 with 3232 viewsChurchOfLes

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:29 - Apr 5 by s1cRanger

I think Swansea may beat us.

I hope not but I have a feeling - typical as its one of the only games my Dad can get to.

Ha, I'm taking my Dad... double Dad, can't be good.
Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:33 - Apr 5 with 3205 viewsJuzzie

'tis indeed a quandry that was recently discussed

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=51864#22

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:40 - Apr 5 with 3176 viewsDesertBoot

Fatigue could be our biggest enemy on Wednesday night. A lot of chasing and running this Sunday.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 3149 viewsHollowayRanger

well a simple look at the premiership table should answer your question

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:45 - Apr 5 with 3149 viewsChurchOfLes

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:40 - Apr 5 by DesertBoot

Fatigue could be our biggest enemy on Wednesday night. A lot of chasing and running this Sunday.

Surely they can take two tough games in 4 days, being professional athletes and that?
Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:46 - Apr 5 with 3144 viewsJonDoeman

They made mugs of the Fulham side that made mugs of us, that Sigurdson has taken them up a level.

It Is What It Is !!

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 3143 viewsChurchOfLes

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:45 - Apr 5 by HollowayRanger

well a simple look at the premiership table should answer your question

This is not a question of success HollowayRanger, it's of playing beautiful football.

You think they do play pretty football?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:55 - Apr 5 with 3107 viewsHayesender

Can't we just admit they've had a far better season than us, without spending millions on so called star players.

Having said that, if we stay up we'll do far better than them and Norwich next season imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:57 - Apr 5 with 3099 viewsHantsR

The team that turned up last Saturday will only allow beautiful football in their own half. Otherwise? we're screwed!
Swansea, I don't get it. on 16:48 - Apr 5 with 3024 viewsLewes_r

they will pass it back to their keeper so many times we will not have a chance

get ready for a lesson

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Swansea, I don't get it. on 16:51 - Apr 5 with 3010 viewsJuzzie

Deposses them in their own half and voila.... 3-0
Swansea, I don't get it. on 16:58 - Apr 5 with 2988 viewswood_hoop

Swansea, I don't get it. on 16:48 - Apr 5 by Lewes_r

they will pass it back to their keeper so many times we will not have a chance

get ready for a lesson

Crap possesion football, better results than us addmitidly but god forbid MH ever reverts to playing that style.

Barcelona they ain't, even a dumbed down cheaper version, as much as the pundits are wetting their pants about them.

Arsenal play a similar game but with a bit more thrust, didn't work for them.

If we play similar style as when we played Asenal and let them play silly buggars in their own half no reason why we can't get something from the game.

Our problem is putting in a good performance over a period of games....
Swansea, I don't get it. on 17:19 - Apr 5 with 2938 viewsbaz_qpr

Swansea, I don't get it. on 15:45 - Apr 5 by ChurchOfLes

Surely they can take two tough games in 4 days, being professional athletes and that?

too many 30 somethings not sure Derry will be able to manage.
Swansea, I don't get it. on 17:19 - Apr 5 with 2936 viewsChurchOfLes

Swansea, I don't get it. on 16:58 - Apr 5 by wood_hoop

Crap possesion football, better results than us addmitidly but god forbid MH ever reverts to playing that style.

Barcelona they ain't, even a dumbed down cheaper version, as much as the pundits are wetting their pants about them.

If we play similar style as when we played Asenal and let them play silly buggars in their own half no reason why we can't get something from the game.

All the players have been interviewed on the official site and they sound really positive about 'matching the fans passion', 'putting in a shift' and who can forget 'it's more than a game now'.

Nothing can go wrong.
Swansea, I don't get it. on 17:20 - Apr 5 with 2933 viewsbaz_qpr

Swansea, I don't get it. on 16:58 - Apr 5 by wood_hoop

They will also press us in our half
Swansea, I don't get it. on 17:21 - Apr 5 with 2927 viewsChurchOfLes

Swansea, I don't get it. on 17:19 - Apr 5 by baz_qpr

That just reminded me of when Derry tracked Walcott down the wing, forcing him to mess up and put his cross out.

That bit was brilliant.

Memories.
Swansea, I don't get it. on 18:06 - Apr 5 with 2842 viewsTGRRRSSS

Look at what happened to them at Spurs, they had huge possession, but Spurs had the majority of therritory, when it came to actually attacking they mostly tried to lump the ball long and spread it wide for the wide men (like Routledge) to run onto.
Most of the tiki taka stuff is around the back four which Spurs let them do and didn't try to run themselves into the ground to get at the ball, Spurs had many more shots and decent possession than Swansea did.
The secret isn't to press them too hard too far back, Spurs didn't and they gave the ball back rather quickly.
Swansea, I don't get it. on 20:11 - Apr 5 with 2725 viewsSuperhoops2808

Swansea, I don't get it. on 17:19 - Apr 5 by baz_qpr

This business about Derry is getting boring now!!

Change the record!!
Swansea, I don't get it. on 20:51 - Apr 5 with 2657 viewsHollowayRanger

Swansea, I don't get it. on 20:11 - Apr 5 by Superhoops2808

This business about Derry is getting boring now!!

Change the record!!

agree just how old is derry?

im sure some people on here think he's in his 40's

with barton restored and diakite please god staying on the pitch i think derrys cool level head and experience is vital out there

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Swansea, I don't get it. on 22:51 - Apr 5 with 2553 viewsbaz_qpr

Swansea, I don't get it. on 20:51 - Apr 5 by HollowayRanger

agree just how old is derry?

im sure some people on here think he's in his 40's

with barton restored and diakite please god staying on the pitch i think derrys cool level head and experience is vital out there

He's 34 and the issue is not Derry asa player its Derry and others playing two high intensity games in the space of 4 days. We looked lethargic and Derry amongst others struggled to get into the game against Sunderland which was also 3 days following another high intensity game v Liverpool. That was my point
Swansea, I don't get it. on 23:47 - Apr 5 with 2490 viewsW7Ranger

Swansea, I don't get it. on 22:51 - Apr 5 by baz_qpr

He's 34 and the issue is not Derry asa player its Derry and others playing two high intensity games in the space of 4 days. We looked lethargic and Derry amongst others struggled to get into the game against Sunderland which was also 3 days following another high intensity game v Liverpool. That was my point

He did alright last season when we 46 games and he played in virtually every single one of them, if not all of them! He hasn't played anywhere close to that many games this season. If he does get tired he can always be subbed.

But to use Derry's age against him for his performance against Sunderland is harsh. What's the excuse for the other 10 players on the pitch???????

Swansea, I don't get it. on 01:03 - Apr 6 with 2458 viewsqprmick

Swansea, I don't get it. on 23:47 - Apr 5 by W7Ranger

He did alright last season when we 46 games and he played in virtually every single one of them, if not all of them! He hasn't played anywhere close to that many games this season. If he does get tired he can always be subbed.

But to use Derry's age against him for his performance against Sunderland is harsh. What's the excuse for the other 10 players on the pitch???????

With the Jacks playing the ball around in their own half, there will be plenty of time for tired legs to have a bit of a rest.

Qprmick

Swansea, I don't get it. on 03:33 - Apr 6 with 2439 viewsade_qpr

Swansea, I don't get it. on 16:51 - Apr 5 by Juzzie

Deposses them in their own half and voila.... 3-0

Wouldn't be surprised to see Adel score a similar goal to the Arsenal one.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Swansea, I don't get it. on 07:39 - Apr 6 with 2404 viewstimcocking

I must say i think Swansea have been fantastic and play great football.

When i play, i've always favoured a short passing game keeping as much possession as possible. It makes you feel like you are in control of the game when you always have the ball. I'd love QPR to be having two thirds possession every match, wherever on the pitch that may be.

And for Swansea to do it at this level, having come from the bottom reaches spending bugg@r all money, forcing the likes of Man City into making a first half subtitution of an England international because they were being humiliated, is absolutely fantastic. Incredible guts and bravery to play the ball in your own areaas they do at this level for such high stakes. Swansea with something like 4 of the 10 top passers in the world this year, Leon Britton 2nd to Messi. Can't believe some of you are actually knocking that! I tend to always the favour the tiny sides supposedly without any chance ie Blackpool, Swansea.

Of course they could do with a touch more quality in the final third, but that's no surprise given their limited resources. Give them Messi as well, i'm fairly sure they would improve.

Swansea have been simply magnificent, the best team in Britain 2011/2012 imo. Although we were better than them last season and this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024