Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Devasated 20:39 - Sep 12 with 6870 viewsSonofpugwash

Just had the news that my severely disabled(Spina Bifida) and QPR loving brother Jim died this afternoon after a short illness.
I looked after him for over 30 years,fought tooth and nail against the odds for his care provision but for many years we were compleley two against the world.
When he was younger and more mobile I actually got him up to the White city to see a coiple of games(we lost of course) and the greyhound meetings.
We also went up to Marquee Club Wardour Street to see Rory Gallagher and Jimi Hendrix.
He enduted so much abuse at school and in later life when prople would take the piss - I had to "correct" one or two,,,,
Well at least he'sout of pain now.

Sorry about that.
[Post edited 12 Sep 20:47]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Devasated on 20:46 - Sep 12 with 4522 viewsted_hendrix

You have my sympathy mate It's a tough call, you looked after him and that's all you could do.

RIP

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Devasated on 20:49 - Sep 12 with 4487 viewsSonofpugwash

Devasated on 20:46 - Sep 12 by ted_hendrix

You have my sympathy mate It's a tough call, you looked after him and that's all you could do.

RIP

Thanks Ted x

Devasated on 20:49 - Sep 12 with 4485 viewsNorthernr

That's awful. Very sad news and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Like you say at least you can take some solace in him no longer being in pain.

Nothing that can be said really other than rest in peace, and I hope you're ok with support around you.
Devasated on 20:53 - Sep 12 with 4430 viewsHunterhoop

Sounds like you were a great brother and no doubt your brother hugely appreciated everything you did for him. RIP
Devasated on 20:53 - Sep 12 with 4417 viewsHooping_Mad

Condolences, Rest in peace Jim.

Sounds like you had some good times and great memories together, deepest respect for your commitment to him.

No need to apologise.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Devasated on 20:55 - Sep 12 with 4400 viewsGus_iom

Very sorry to hear about your loss, mate.
Devasated on 20:57 - Sep 12 with 4375 viewsSonofpugwash

Devasated on 20:49 - Sep 12 by Northernr

That's awful. Very sad news and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Like you say at least you can take some solace in him no longer being in pain.

Nothing that can be said really other than rest in peace, and I hope you're ok with support around you.

Thanks mate.Very much appreciated.x

Devasated on 20:58 - Sep 12 with 4361 viewsLogman

So sorry for your loss and I hope the forthcoming days are not too difficult. You sound like you were a wonderful family member for him. RIP.
Login to get fewer ads

Devasated on 21:03 - Sep 12 with 4332 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So sorry for your loss, Pugwash.

Equally proud of your love for Jim. Sounds as if you gave every tissue of your heart to your brother. Maith thú (well done to you).

Our family were blessed with Michelle, also severely disabled. Michelle didn't make it to the age of five, but my God she would have loved a brother like you, a brother to bring her to see Rory and Jimi, a brother to stick up for her.

Condolonces and love, Pugwash.
RIP, Jim. Ar dheis Dé go raibh d'anam dílis.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Devasated on 21:03 - Sep 12 with 4329 viewsqpr_1968

RIP to jim....i'm sure you've got some great memories of you both to comfort you when your down.

you kept his life full and should feel proud of that.....thats what good brothers are for.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Devasated on 21:09 - Sep 12 with 4265 viewscolinallcars

Sorry, mate.
Devasated on 21:12 - Sep 12 with 4232 viewsSonofpugwash

Devasated on 21:03 - Sep 12 by BrianMcCarthy

So sorry for your loss, Pugwash.

Equally proud of your love for Jim. Sounds as if you gave every tissue of your heart to your brother. Maith thú (well done to you).

Our family were blessed with Michelle, also severely disabled. Michelle didn't make it to the age of five, but my God she would have loved a brother like you, a brother to bring her to see Rory and Jimi, a brother to stick up for her.

Condolonces and love, Pugwash.
RIP, Jim. Ar dheis Dé go raibh d'anam dílis.

Soeey for your loss Brian.
We do the best we can for our families don't we?

Devasated on 21:13 - Sep 12 with 4231 viewszicoshoops

May your brother rest in peace.
You stood alongside him, that’s what counts.
Take things easy.
Condolences.
Devasated on 21:16 - Sep 12 with 4208 viewsBristolR

Sorry for your loss. As others have said, he is at peace now and out of pain. What you’ve done for him is warming to the soul, that in such a shitty world there are still good people like you around. I’m sure many of us on here would like to think we’d do the same for a loved one and I’m sure many of us do…but you did it so fair play to you. And I’m sure your brother loved every fibre of your being for that.

Sorry, bit of a ramble but wanted to add my condolences.
Devasated on 21:25 - Sep 12 with 4152 viewsdavman

Devasated on 21:16 - Sep 12 by BristolR

Sorry for your loss. As others have said, he is at peace now and out of pain. What you’ve done for him is warming to the soul, that in such a shitty world there are still good people like you around. I’m sure many of us on here would like to think we’d do the same for a loved one and I’m sure many of us do…but you did it so fair play to you. And I’m sure your brother loved every fibre of your being for that.

Sorry, bit of a ramble but wanted to add my condolences.

Condolences, buddy.

Let's hope if there is an afterlife, he's there partying like a good 'un with no pain and no limitations.

RIP

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Devasated on 21:34 - Sep 12 with 4070 viewsjeffranger

My sincere condolences
Devasated on 21:37 - Sep 12 with 4057 viewsSnipper

Sonofpugwash, I’m so sorry for your loss.

You was a great brother to him, and I hope you have the strength to get through this sad time.

May your brother Rest in Peace. 🙏
Devasated on 21:39 - Sep 12 with 4035 viewsEalingHoop81

Really sorry for your loss and hope you have all the support around you that you need. Sounds like you have been an amazing brother to him and despite everything else he had to cope with, he was very fortunate to have such a caring brother.
Devasated on 21:41 - Sep 12 with 4017 viewsdmm

I genuinely feel for you, Pugwash. It must be such a sadness for you to lose your brother. Take care of yourself.
Devasated on 21:44 - Sep 12 with 4001 viewsMonkey_Roots

Wow, I can’t even begin to imagine.

Death and grief are hard enough, but it sounds like you had a lot wrapped up in each other with his illness and all that comes with that - it made for a great relationship though eh?

Sorry mate, take care of yourself.
Devasated on 21:54 - Sep 12 with 3940 viewsNoelmc

Condolences to you and your family Sonofpugwash at this very tough time.

Jim sounds like a fantastic character and you were a great brother to him. You will always have those memories of the good times with him.

RIP Jim.
Devasated on 21:56 - Sep 12 with 3906 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While we all send you our commiserations and hope Jim's resting in peace, I'd like to add a note of thanks to you for what you did for your brother!

Too often, in my experience, people with disabilities can be left behind by society, but what I've found sadder is where family and friends abandon them. You didn’t! And for that, SoPW, you probably don't realise it, but you've been an inspiration to those around you. I hope you get your just rewards

Big hugs.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Devasated on 22:08 - Sep 12 with 3825 viewsPhildo

Sorry to read this -RIP
Devasated on 22:12 - Sep 12 with 3779 viewsdigswellhoop

we are here freind know what your going through
Devasated on 22:24 - Sep 12 with 3712 viewsloftboy

RIP you your brother Jim.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024