Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankie Beverly RIP 16:08 - Sep 11 with 1617 viewswestberksr

one of the truly great soul acts of the 80s. Fantastic live with one of the happiest & friendliest crowds you could imagine.

The last time i saw them at Hammersmith was probably 15 years ago and the crowd looked like every firm in London had turned up for a row, but all just sang along and hugged each other. loads of fat middle aged blokes having the very best of times.

RIP Frankie and thanks for the tunes and great night

and the iconic Joy & Pain

Frankie Beverly RIP on 16:42 - Sep 11 with 1536 viewsStevenageRanger

I see them at Indigo 02 back in 2010, great night. My Dad came to that but had seen them back in the 80s at Hammersmith and said that couldnt be topped!

RIP Frankie. One of the best to do it on that stage.
Frankie Beverly RIP on 17:29 - Sep 11 with 1452 viewswestberksr

Frankie Beverly RIP on 16:42 - Sep 11 by StevenageRanger

I see them at Indigo 02 back in 2010, great night. My Dad came to that but had seen them back in the 80s at Hammersmith and said that couldnt be topped!

RIP Frankie. One of the best to do it on that stage.

i was lucky enough to see them in the 80's both at Hammersmith and then Wembley arena, what a superb band.

I think the last time i saw them back at Hammersmith was around 2008 ; also did the Indigo night.
Frankie Beverly RIP on 17:59 - Sep 11 with 1410 viewsBristolR

Ah man, that sucks. My very favourite band/singer growing up. Reckon we has that Live in znew Orleans playing every day in my Sixth Form common room in Bexley. Also saw them at the Arena, as well as in Bristol randomly. Happy Feelingsā€¦
Frankie Beverly RIP on 18:14 - Sep 11 with 1375 viewsMick_S

Double b ollocks. My number 1 favourite; the most influential musical man and band ever in my house and record collection.

Wonderful music and barely ever a duff track.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Frankie Beverly RIP on 20:43 - Sep 11 with 1185 viewsCamberleyR

So sad. A brilliant singer, songwriter and frontman. They were brilliant live back in the 80s when I saw them. Will never forget the humongous queue for tickets at the Odeon in 1985 one Saturday the day they went on sale, the demand was enormous.

He's now up there back again with his mentor Marvin who believed in him so much in their early days as Raw Soul. RIP Frankie, thanks for the memories.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Frankie Beverly RIP on 20:59 - Sep 11 with 1153 viewsLblock

Many have said to me over the years that this should be my theme tune ......

Your closing toast to the crowd for the Joy & Pain Live version will live forever

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Frankie Beverly RIP on 08:26 - Sep 12 with 885 viewsDiscodroids

RIP Frankie. Settle in for your long sleep by the light of your new sun.

You gave us pleasure in great abundance.

[Post edited 12 Sep 8:26]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Frankie Beverly RIP on 08:41 - Sep 12 with 874 views100percent

A voice that spanned back to northern soul too...

Login to get fewer ads

Frankie Beverly RIP on 09:21 - Sep 12 with 843 viewsstantheman10

I saw him and Maze at the Hammersmith Odeon in the 80's. It was and still is the best live performance I've ever seen and by far the best concert I've ever been to. RIP Frankie
[Post edited 12 Sep 9:24]
Frankie Beverly RIP on 10:42 - Sep 12 with 723 viewsMick_S

Frankie Beverly RIP on 09:21 - Sep 12 by stantheman10

I saw him and Maze at the Hammersmith Odeon in the 80's. It was and still is the best live performance I've ever seen and by far the best concert I've ever been to. RIP Frankie

Same here, Stan. What a night. He and the band got London and what they meant here.

Up there with the very best, ever.

Frankie Beverly RIP on 11:06 - Sep 12 with 694 viewsHAYESBOY

Ah no. What sad news.
Another who saw them at Hammersmith in the 80's. Remembering that the audience kept singing Joy and Pain long after the band and Frankie had left the stage.
One of my favourites.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Frankie Beverly RIP on 01:01 - Sep 13 with 440 views100percent

No one has a voice like this anymore....

Frankie Beverly RIP on 01:55 - Sep 13 with 431 viewsrbee

Frankie Beverly RIP on 09:21 - Sep 12 by stantheman10

I saw them at Hammersmith in 1987 I think and yes it was my best ever concert as well. It was the Live In New Orleans line up, almost the same set list, Frankie and the Boys at their peak. Blown away.

If anyone reading this doesn't really know Maze give this a try, you even get a great guitar solo! Rest In Peace Frankie.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2:00]
Frankie Beverly RIP on 07:16 - Sep 13 with 341 viewsMick_S

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024