Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rising costs 20:51 - Sep 9 with 2421 viewsSullutaCreturned

No it's not about Labours first budget though we all (ok most of us) think taxes will rise somewhere.
No, this is an EU thread, sorry!

It's been said that they need more money,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gq1e7k2j8o

And we all know where that money comes from, the members will have to stump up around 25-29 billion more each every year if Draghi gets what he wants.

Now growth is down and the situation is described as challenging, finances are stretched across the EU membership and Draghi says the EU needs more money.

https://economy-finance.ec.europa.eu/economic-forecast-and-surveys/economic-fore

There's stil a war on the continent, there been mass protests about a range of things including immigration and it seems to me that remaining in the EU may really not have meant living the dream, more an expensive albatross who continues to grow and weigh down economies.

We'll see in the long term if the EU grows and prospers and of course what happens with us but I think its a simple sad fact that politicians across the globe re ruining the world for us ordinary folk.
The rising costs on 22:31 - Sep 9 with 1252 viewsLuther27

The EU is fragmenting at an alarming rate. Germany hardening up its borders to immigrants…Hungary being fined millions for failing to take their fare share of immigrants and now threatening to bus them to Brussels.
France doing God knows what and Italy leaning more to the right every day. It’s akin to having your family around for Christmas and suggesting playing Monopoly….its never going to be a happy event.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

The rising costs on 16:19 - Sep 10 with 1115 viewsmax936

I heard earlier today on radio that Mr Arrogant Starmer said that he's not going to apologise the painful budget that he's gonna thrust upon us all, its like he's blaming the tax payer for the financial mess the countries in, he wants to run the Country like Drakeford did down here.

Starmer needs to wake up and realise this country is a Democratic one, not a fecking Dictatorship guys a clown and he's proving it on a daily basis.

He'll happily see us all at the food banks, guys clueless, hitting the country problems with a sledge hammer, he's a disaster in waiting.

He released 2 thousand prisoners today as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The rising costs on 16:29 - Sep 10 with 1105 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The rising costs on 16:19 - Sep 10 by max936

I heard earlier today on radio that Mr Arrogant Starmer said that he's not going to apologise the painful budget that he's gonna thrust upon us all, its like he's blaming the tax payer for the financial mess the countries in, he wants to run the Country like Drakeford did down here.

Starmer needs to wake up and realise this country is a Democratic one, not a fecking Dictatorship guys a clown and he's proving it on a daily basis.

He'll happily see us all at the food banks, guys clueless, hitting the country problems with a sledge hammer, he's a disaster in waiting.

When they inevitably hammer pensions and working people because there’s “not enough money” everyone should remember one simple fact.

Tax take is at a record high and is over twice the amount flowing into the treasury 20 years ago.

They are spunking our money up the wall.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hmrc-tax-and-nics-receipts-for-the-uk/h

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The rising costs on 16:46 - Sep 10 with 1077 viewsWingstandwood

The rising costs on 16:29 - Sep 10 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

When they inevitably hammer pensions and working people because there’s “not enough money” everyone should remember one simple fact.

Tax take is at a record high and is over twice the amount flowing into the treasury 20 years ago.

They are spunking our money up the wall.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hmrc-tax-and-nics-receipts-for-the-uk/h

My prediction is that when this Labour lot get voted out the U.K will be left in a vastly worse mess than under the Tories! If people thought the Tories were bad, wait for this lot being the Westmister equivalent of Welsh Cardiff Bay/Labour goverment.

9,500 millionaires are predicted to leave the U.K turning it into a no-go zone for entrepreneurs. wealth creation, inward investment, and high-end tax revenue.

So it'll be the middle class and working class who will have to fill the tax revenue bucket, as payment to pour ever greater amounts into a relentless expanding hole.
[Post edited 10 Sep 17:15]

Argus!

The rising costs on 17:24 - Sep 10 with 1015 viewsDr_Winston

On the subject of the EU, I was convinced in 2016 and have seen little since to suggest otherwise that the lifespan of the project will be measured in decades rather than centuries, and the UK would be better off carving it's own path before the whole thing collapses.

There are too many countries, too many cultures, with too many diverging interests, with too many divergent economies for them to be held together as one by anything but force in the end. Probably why they're so keen to ram the EU Armed Forces through.

Labour will just piss away fortunes like they always do. The problem for the rest of us is that wealth is far more mobile now. A high end taxpayer can monitor their interests from a beach in the Bahamas just as easily as they can from Kensington. We need to be attracting these people in, not scaring them off.
[Post edited 10 Sep 17:43]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The rising costs on 17:50 - Sep 10 with 991 viewsonehunglow

The rising costs on 16:46 - Sep 10 by Wingstandwood

My prediction is that when this Labour lot get voted out the U.K will be left in a vastly worse mess than under the Tories! If people thought the Tories were bad, wait for this lot being the Westmister equivalent of Welsh Cardiff Bay/Labour goverment.

9,500 millionaires are predicted to leave the U.K turning it into a no-go zone for entrepreneurs. wealth creation, inward investment, and high-end tax revenue.

So it'll be the middle class and working class who will have to fill the tax revenue bucket, as payment to pour ever greater amounts into a relentless expanding hole.

Wait until they scrap free prescriptions
This will directly kill people

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The rising costs on 18:14 - Sep 10 with 957 viewsWingstandwood

The rising costs on 17:24 - Sep 10 by Dr_Winston

On the subject of the EU, I was convinced in 2016 and have seen little since to suggest otherwise that the lifespan of the project will be measured in decades rather than centuries, and the UK would be better off carving it's own path before the whole thing collapses.

There are too many countries, too many cultures, with too many diverging interests, with too many divergent economies for them to be held together as one by anything but force in the end. Probably why they're so keen to ram the EU Armed Forces through.

Labour will just piss away fortunes like they always do. The problem for the rest of us is that wealth is far more mobile now. A high end taxpayer can monitor their interests from a beach in the Bahamas just as easily as they can from Kensington. We need to be attracting these people in, not scaring them off.
[Post edited 10 Sep 17:43]

I (and others) predicted the lunacy of open EU open borders, and were smeared on this very forum (Pikey Paul thread etc) by others when pointing out the insanity that would haunt countries in decades to come from overpopulation, and from making it way too easy for wrong-un's to enter.

How right we "THE gammon" were to predict upcoming dire consequences, and how wrong the pathetic virtue signaling WOKE nut-jobs were proven to be.

That's all they had were loser's accusation(s) of bigot, extremist, far-right, racist, Nazi, knuckle dragger, gammon etc when confronted with common sense and 'bleeding-bloody-obvious' predictions.

And off the losers trotted to their next unconscious bias course!

And here the EU starts falling apart, because of its own insanity and arrogance! And here comes the rise of nationalist right wing populism and assault upon the time immemorial status quo of mainstream/establishment political parties, that’s 'safe house' is about to have its doors and windows well and truly blown wide open!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/sep/10/the-end-of-schengen-german

Argus!

The rising costs on 18:43 - Sep 10 with 914 viewsunion_jack

The rising costs on 16:46 - Sep 10 by Wingstandwood

The Pimlico Plumber is in the process of sticking two fingers up to Blighty.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The rising costs on 18:44 - Sep 10 with 905 viewsGwyn737

The rising costs on 18:14 - Sep 10 by Wingstandwood

I (and others) predicted the lunacy of open EU open borders, and were smeared on this very forum (Pikey Paul thread etc) by others when pointing out the insanity that would haunt countries in decades to come from overpopulation, and from making it way too easy for wrong-un's to enter.

How right we "THE gammon" were to predict upcoming dire consequences, and how wrong the pathetic virtue signaling WOKE nut-jobs were proven to be.

That's all they had were loser's accusation(s) of bigot, extremist, far-right, racist, Nazi, knuckle dragger, gammon etc when confronted with common sense and 'bleeding-bloody-obvious' predictions.

And here the EU starts falling apart, because of its own insanity and arrogance! And here comes the rise of nationalist right wing populism and assault upon the time immemorial status quo of mainstream/establishment political parties, that’s 'safe house' is about to have its doors and windows well and truly blown wide open!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/sep/10/the-end-of-schengen-german

The lunacy of EU open boarders?

So everything is better now we’ve left, is it?
The rising costs on 18:48 - Sep 10 with 895 viewsunion_jack

The rising costs on 17:50 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

Wait until they scrap free prescriptions
This will directly kill people

What free prescriptions do you get in your area R?

What people seem to forget is that the reason for free scripts was to keep the burden on the NHS lower. Lots of people won’t bother taking medicine if they have to pay for it and then end up in hospital. That’s something no NHS Trust anywhere in the UK can cope with now.

This shower if a government seem to want to do everything yesterday and aren’t peeling away the layers to see what more costly problems will occur as a result if their actions.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The rising costs on 18:56 - Sep 10 with 871 viewsLuther27

The rising costs on 18:44 - Sep 10 by Gwyn737

Far from it. However it’ll be interesting to see the effects on illegal immigration now Germany has signalled it will be closing its borders to them.
Also the chattering class still keep alive the hopes of rejoining a failing project. Perhaps if everyone’s energy was directed to making Brexit a success….and I include the judiciary in this…then things might be a little better for us.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

The rising costs on 19:01 - Sep 10 with 865 viewsGwyn737

The rising costs on 18:56 - Sep 10 by Luther27

Far from it. However it’ll be interesting to see the effects on illegal immigration now Germany has signalled it will be closing its borders to them.
Also the chattering class still keep alive the hopes of rejoining a failing project. Perhaps if everyone’s energy was directed to making Brexit a success….and I include the judiciary in this…then things might be a little better for us.

If Germany makes a success of it while being in the eu the definitely should be questions asked.
The rising costs on 19:04 - Sep 10 with 863 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24924219

Sadly the situation that the U.K now finds itself was started many years back, and Jack Straw rightly called the insane open border policy a a "spectacular mistake".

What politicans and union leaders failed to mention time and time again was the 'erosion' of what is called "the going rate" which translated means slave labour lowering U.K workers wages. At least one local union had the decency to mention that whilst others remained silent.

The use of overseas EU Labour helped to create the mass proliferation of employment agencies and appalling employment contracts like what ASDA employees had to sign a few years back.
[Post edited 10 Sep 19:18]

Argus!

The rising costs on 19:07 - Sep 10 with 859 viewsAnotherJohn

The lunacy of open boarders? Did Gwyn mean the boarders in our hotels who have come to us from the EU? Sorry, I am not usually such a pedant but couldn't resist.
The rising costs on 19:09 - Sep 10 with 856 viewsonehunglow

The rising costs on 18:48 - Sep 10 by union_jack

What free prescriptions do you get in your area R?

What people seem to forget is that the reason for free scripts was to keep the burden on the NHS lower. Lots of people won’t bother taking medicine if they have to pay for it and then end up in hospital. That’s something no NHS Trust anywhere in the UK can cope with now.

This shower if a government seem to want to do everything yesterday and aren’t peeling away the layers to see what more costly problems will occur as a result if their actions.

All
Wife is on five scripts to prevent another heart attack
I’m on meds for two conditions
We’re not poor but this wouod hammer many

The rising costs on 19:21 - Sep 10 with 823 viewsGwyn737

The rising costs on 19:07 - Sep 10 by AnotherJohn

The lunacy of open boarders? Did Gwyn mean the boarders in our hotels who have come to us from the EU? Sorry, I am not usually such a pedant but couldn't resist.

You can have that one AJ 😉.

I blame autocorrect on my tablet!
The rising costs on 19:22 - Sep 10 with 820 viewsKeithHaynes

The rising costs on 16:19 - Sep 10 by max936

Well, I’ve never seen an elected prime-minister fall from grace as quick as he has.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The rising costs on 19:26 - Sep 10 with 802 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

If EU countries have two hoots about their borders then it would be a lot more difficult for people to get from the beaches of Greece to the dinghies near calais.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The rising costs on 20:09 - Sep 10 with 759 viewsSullutaCreturned

The rising costs on 18:14 - Sep 10 by Wingstandwood

I was also one of those smeared as a gammon racist. I was against open borders and still am.

That I also believe the whole of humankind needs to wise up and do away with borders completely is irrelevant
The rising costs on 20:17 - Sep 10 with 751 viewsWingstandwood

This Labour victory is going to be a curse upon itself in a way that we have never ever seen before.

Many Labour supporters, members and politicians are going to rue the very day Two Tier Kier got in as Prime Minister!

Meanwhile Tory hating babe of silicon. botox, fillers, tight leather pants, curves and low cut tops has realised that she has now gone completely out of fashion by making a complete and utter ass of herself!

"Tories out 'Let's Get The Party Started!'

Argus!

The rising costs on 23:14 - Sep 10 with 659 viewsmax936

The rising costs on 19:22 - Sep 10 by KeithHaynes

Well, I’ve never seen an elected prime-minister fall from grace as quick as he has.

When he first became leader I had hopes for him, those hopes didn't last long I saw right through him with his wimpy attitude towards the Tories and I was right, Labour Prime Minister turning his nose up at the hard working tax payer.

Disgrace absolute disgrace!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The rising costs on 01:23 - Sep 11 with 604 viewsRobbie

Liz and Kwasi took the UK close to bankrupt in 60 days whilst in their tenure , nice one .

There is a benchmark for the most incompetent and out of touch to the real world we live in today , chuck money at everything , our hard earned pennies of course , problem solved .

Any Politician prepared to put his head above the parapet and be truthful .
Not in my life time it appears .
The rising costs on 07:43 - Sep 11 with 548 viewsSullutaCreturned

The rising costs on 19:01 - Sep 10 by Gwyn737

If Germany makes a success of it while being in the eu the definitely should be questions asked.

Thing is, Gwyn, if Germany makes a success of it they'll be in trouble, as they already are because they are breaking EU rules. They EU won't throw Germany out though, because they can't or the whole darn thing would collapse.

The Germans and French have the EU over a barrel, thse 2 run the place and so it looks very much like the EU will one day implode, too many of its own members want to do different things to what the mouthpieces at the top want.

The EU has a choice, it can either reform along sensible lines (which for me means being purely a trade bloc) or it will be the architect of its own downfall.
However, the people at the top, specially those unelected members, they will fight tooth and nail to keep their gravy train. Just as will the members of the Senedd, the Scottish and Northern Irish governments.
The rising costs on 08:02 - Sep 11 with 538 viewsDr_Winston

The rising costs on 07:43 - Sep 11 by SullutaCreturned

Thing is, Gwyn, if Germany makes a success of it they'll be in trouble, as they already are because they are breaking EU rules. They EU won't throw Germany out though, because they can't or the whole darn thing would collapse.

The Germans and French have the EU over a barrel, thse 2 run the place and so it looks very much like the EU will one day implode, too many of its own members want to do different things to what the mouthpieces at the top want.

The EU has a choice, it can either reform along sensible lines (which for me means being purely a trade bloc) or it will be the architect of its own downfall.
However, the people at the top, specially those unelected members, they will fight tooth and nail to keep their gravy train. Just as will the members of the Senedd, the Scottish and Northern Irish governments.

Yep.

Show me a trading bloc with some common standards, free movement (for citizens only, limited to those with jobs or able to support themselves) and no further ambitions for consolidation and I'd vote to rejoin in a heartbeat.

I do not wish to be part of a European Nation with it's own flag, army, anthem, Government and extremely limited democracy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The rising costs on 08:37 - Sep 11 with 526 viewsonehunglow

We ain’t seen nothing yet
When he gets rid of free prescriptions might see the time Labour MPs find some courage

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024