Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International break matches thread 17:07 - Sep 5 with 17368 viewsMrSheen

Oh dear, what a shame.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/sep/05/australia-socceroos-vs-
Do we know for sure that Bahrain’s goal bounced off Souttar or was merely diverted off course by his gravitational field?
International break matches thread on 18:39 - Sep 7 with 2669 viewsstowmarketrange

International break matches thread on 18:02 - Sep 7 by GroveR

Great write up of how Terry ended up playing for Ireland and his "vertical bean"

https://www.the42.ie/terry-mancini-4639540-May2019/

That story about the dog poo is brilliant,and typical of the man.A bit like Rodney’s comment to Sir Alf Ramsey about a cup of tea and an orange.
International break matches thread on 18:39 - Sep 7 with 2662 viewsGroveR

International break matches thread on 18:33 - Sep 7 by dmm

Watching the Ireland v England game I find myself again amazed that Grealish can be considered ahead of Eze. Is it because I am biased toward Eze? I know I am. Or is it that Grealish really is overrated?

I don't get why everyone raves about Alexander Arnold. Bang average defending and his pass completion is poor.
International break matches thread on 18:40 - Sep 7 with 2656 viewsPaddyhoops

International break matches thread on 18:27 - Sep 7 by GroveR

It's like a Championship side playing a Premier side.

That’s because it is .
International break matches thread on 18:48 - Sep 7 with 2563 viewsWatford_Ranger

International break matches thread on 18:33 - Sep 7 by dmm

Watching the Ireland v England game I find myself again amazed that Grealish can be considered ahead of Eze. Is it because I am biased toward Eze? I know I am. Or is it that Grealish really is overrated?

Thought Grealish was excellent.
International break matches thread on 18:56 - Sep 7 with 2527 viewsBrianMcCarthy

International break matches thread on 18:48 - Sep 7 by Watford_Ranger

Me, too. Though ireland gave him far, far too much space.

Eze has a half a chance. I wonder if an Eze goal would net us some cash?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

International break matches thread on 18:58 - Sep 7 with 2495 viewsGroveR

International break matches thread on 18:40 - Sep 7 by Paddyhoops

That’s because it is .

Quite. Kelleher pick of the bunch for me.
International break matches thread on 19:01 - Sep 7 with 2463 viewsconnell10

International break matches thread on 18:48 - Sep 7 by Watford_Ranger

I still think Eze is a better player.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

International break matches thread on 19:08 - Sep 7 with 2402 viewsWatford_Ranger

International break matches thread on 19:01 - Sep 7 by connell10

I love Eze as much as anyone and in time I think he can be a fine England player but he hasn’t shown a lot for England as yet. He’s a reasonably slow starter when he takes a step up (even if playing the likes of Ireland is hardly a step up from Prem football) and there’s maybe a bit of imposter syndrome in there which will go over time. Grealish played like the old Grealish before Guardiola made him a passing robot.
Login to get fewer ads

International break matches thread on 19:09 - Sep 7 with 2396 viewssoops

International break matches thread on 18:39 - Sep 7 by GroveR

I don't get why everyone raves about Alexander Arnold. Bang average defending and his pass completion is poor.

One in five passes is quality - four in five shite. Dare I say Bartonesque?
International break matches thread on 19:11 - Sep 7 with 2381 viewsconnell10

International break matches thread on 19:08 - Sep 7 by Watford_Ranger

I love Eze as much as anyone and in time I think he can be a fine England player but he hasn’t shown a lot for England as yet. He’s a reasonably slow starter when he takes a step up (even if playing the likes of Ireland is hardly a step up from Prem football) and there’s maybe a bit of imposter syndrome in there which will go over time. Grealish played like the old Grealish before Guardiola made him a passing robot.

As a premier league player Eze is better than Grealish imo .He plays for Palace not City and still scores goals and creates chances for other players.

International break matches thread on 19:29 - Sep 7 with 2294 viewsWatford_Ranger

International break matches thread on 19:11 - Sep 7 by connell10

As a premier league player Eze is better than Grealish imo .He plays for Palace not City and still scores goals and creates chances for other players.

I’m not disagreeing but it takes time to step up. If Grealish plays like he did today then you can’t argue about him being picked.
International break matches thread on 19:56 - Sep 7 with 2164 viewspaulparker

International break matches thread on 19:01 - Sep 7 by connell10

Seriously ???

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

International break matches thread on 20:26 - Sep 7 with 2063 viewsWatford_Ranger

International break matches thread on 18:27 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Well now, let's not get carried away. We've been shíte for years!

The other teams in this group will probably prove me wrong but I think there’s the makings of a plucky underdog kind of team there like the Ireland of old albeit with no stars. A shame Ferguson has faded but he’s very young.

Some good attacking options now and a proper goalkeeper but that central midfield is way off it unless I’ve forgotten someone who was missing today. Manager needs to be aggressive and play to the strengths of Ogbene, Szmodics and Idah/Ferguson.
[Post edited 7 Sep 20:53]
International break matches thread on 20:47 - Sep 7 with 1958 viewsconnell10

International break matches thread on 19:56 - Sep 7 by paulparker

Seriously ???

Definitely

International break matches thread on 21:06 - Sep 7 with 1881 viewsnumptydumpty

International break matches thread on 20:47 - Sep 7 by connell10

Definitely

For England, Grealish is a regular quality performer

For me today, he was close to being the player of the match.

Eze is a completely different player but his brief appearance today was like all of his England appearances so far - uninspiring.

He takes the easy option with the pass. appears to lack confidence and has sadly not impressed for England as yet. Seems anxious.

Sorry Connell disagree on this one.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

International break matches thread on 21:15 - Sep 7 with 1833 viewsconnell10

International break matches thread on 21:06 - Sep 7 by numptydumpty

Eze is a completely different player but his brief appearance today was like all of his England appearances so far - uninspiring.

He takes the easy option with the pass. appears to lack confidence and has sadly not impressed for England as yet. Seems anxious.

I didn't say for England , as a premiership player Eze is better imo . Playing in a unfashionable side and still outstanding.

International break matches thread on 21:34 - Sep 7 with 1781 viewsEsox_Lucius

International break matches thread on 21:06 - Sep 7 by numptydumpty

A fierce shot from outside the box and a reflex header doesn't scream lack of confidence. There were a number of times he moved into good spaces but England prioritised moving it out to right instead. His performances at Palace show what he can bring to a game.

The grass is always greener.

International break matches thread on 21:47 - Sep 7 with 1732 viewsstevec

Eze has not even had a promotion on his CV in league football, let alone a champions medal.

I’ve seen Grealish run games, Eze does some great stuff but he’s never run a game in his career.

Eze’s good but he’s got to make a huge step up to be on Grealish level.
International break matches thread on 22:09 - Sep 7 with 1654 viewspaulparker

International break matches thread on 21:15 - Sep 7 by connell10

I didn't say for England , as a premiership player Eze is better imo . Playing in a unfashionable side and still outstanding.

Eze has been at Palace 3 seasons his last season was his most consistent by a mile the other 2 he was very in and out , to say he is a better player than Grealish is stretching it
No big club came in for Eze and they won’t until he does it week in week out
Today was clear to see how we missed Grealish at the Euros and also Gordon who should have played a hell of lot more than 2 minutes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

International break matches thread on 23:19 - Sep 7 with 1507 viewsconnell10

International break matches thread on 21:47 - Sep 7 by stevec

Eze has not even had a promotion on his CV in league football, let alone a champions medal.

I’ve seen Grealish run games, Eze does some great stuff but he’s never run a game in his career.

Eze’s good but he’s got to make a huge step up to be on Grealish level.

I stick by what I said , football is about opinions and in my opinion Eze is the better player.

International break matches thread on 00:33 - Sep 8 with 1397 viewsRangersw12

International break matches thread on 17:56 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya,

Apparently he said to Givens:

"That wasn't much cop, what's ours like?"
"That was ours".

Ireland usually applaud oppo National Anthem. Very poor form today.

They were also singing Lizzie is in a box 🙄
International break matches thread on 08:44 - Sep 8 with 1055 viewsBrianMcCarthy

International break matches thread on 00:33 - Sep 8 by Rangersw12

They were also singing Lizzie is in a box 🙄

Depressing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

International break matches thread on 09:04 - Sep 8 with 1010 viewsderbyhoop

Difference in class. So obvious 1st half. Ireland tightened up 2nd half but barely threatened. So ironic that England goals came from Rice and Grealish, given their history.

Not convinced England are a top 5 side. Not even in Europe.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

International break matches thread on 09:13 - Sep 8 with 977 viewsCiderwithRsie

International break matches thread on 08:44 - Sep 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Depressing.

It's childish stuff, Brian. Not as if we didn't notice she died. Either you're a monarchist, in which case the whole point of the thing is that as soon as one dies you get another; or (like most of us IMO) you're not too fussed about royalty either way.

It'd be much more cutting (and nastier) if they were rude about David Attenborough or Michael Palin.

But England fans used to be terrible for booing foreign national anthems at Wembley (I think it's not so bad recently).

All flag-shagging is nonsense, international sport doesn't have to be like that. England are playing Sri Lanka at cricket right now and there's not a hint of any of that rubbish.
International break matches thread on 09:57 - Sep 8 with 900 viewsWatford_Ranger

International break matches thread on 09:04 - Sep 8 by derbyhoop

Difference in class. So obvious 1st half. Ireland tightened up 2nd half but barely threatened. So ironic that England goals came from Rice and Grealish, given their history.

Not convinced England are a top 5 side. Not even in Europe.

Recent tournaments would suggest we’re clearly a top five side in Europe. For the little they’re worth the world rankings have us fourth in the world and third in Europe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024