Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace cup tickets 17:18 - Sep 3 with 8779 viewsconnell10

On sale tomorrow 19 quid season ticket holders! 17th sept tuesday 7.45 ko

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Palace cup tickets on 23:06 - Sep 3 with 2451 viewsconnell10

Palace cup tickets on 21:17 - Sep 3 by terryb

I think the pricing is good, but unfortunately I won't make this or the Millwall match as I'm having my gallbladder removed on the 16th, but I should be home to watch our two victories on Sky!

Hope you're operation goes well Tel, see ya for the Portsmouth game .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Palace cup tickets on 07:15 - Sep 4 with 2226 viewsSK_hoops

Palace cup tickets on 22:45 - Sep 3 by Juzzie

Via the link above it says £25 then there will be an extra £3.50 for doing nothing so it’s just shy of £30.

Damn. Was definitely going. Not so sure now.
Palace cup tickets on 08:11 - Sep 4 with 2129 viewsTK1

On one hand:

I bought three pints of lager in Covent Garden the other day. It cost me £24 and they lasted in total about ten minutes. And we had to stand outside the pub to drink them.

£19 + booking fee for 90 minutes of 3rd round cup football against a Prem team in a local derby featuring our former favourite son is insanely good value in comparison.

On the other hand:

Brentford are charging all adults a tenner for their game against Orient. Less attractive opposition, for sure. But still.
[Post edited 4 Sep 8:12]
Palace cup tickets on 08:19 - Sep 4 with 2088 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Palace cup tickets on 21:17 - Sep 3 by terryb

I think the pricing is good, but unfortunately I won't make this or the Millwall match as I'm having my gallbladder removed on the 16th, but I should be home to watch our two victories on Sky!

Good luck Terry. See you in a few weeks when you are fit and well again.

I think the pricing is about right. Two cup victories under our belt and a London Derby up next against a premier league team. I expect a good crowd for this one and a cracking atmosphere.
[Post edited 4 Sep 8:21]
Palace cup tickets on 08:32 - Sep 4 with 2061 viewsstowmarketrange

Palace cup tickets on 08:11 - Sep 4 by TK1

On one hand:

I bought three pints of lager in Covent Garden the other day. It cost me £24 and they lasted in total about ten minutes. And we had to stand outside the pub to drink them.

£19 + booking fee for 90 minutes of 3rd round cup football against a Prem team in a local derby featuring our former favourite son is insanely good value in comparison.

On the other hand:

Brentford are charging all adults a tenner for their game against Orient. Less attractive opposition, for sure. But still.
[Post edited 4 Sep 8:12]

Four seasons of premier league money helps to subsidise ticket prices against lower league opposition in the early rounds of a cup competition.
We’ll have to wait and see how big the crowd is for our game before deciding whether they got the prices right or not.
Palace cup tickets on 09:10 - Sep 4 with 1994 viewsPaddyhoops

Decent price . 19 quid and you get to see Eze as well . Bargain .
I reckon it will be pretty much full.
Palace cup tickets on 09:26 - Sep 4 with 1942 viewsTK1

Palace cup tickets on 08:32 - Sep 4 by stowmarketrange

Four seasons of premier league money helps to subsidise ticket prices against lower league opposition in the early rounds of a cup competition.
We’ll have to wait and see how big the crowd is for our game before deciding whether they got the prices right or not.

Yes. Or...you just reward your loyal home fans who've been through three seasons of turmoil and dirge football with cheaper tickets in a nice local derby against higher placed opposition. Nice bit of fan PR, fill the ground, good vibes. Different strokes. It's the old Jim Frayling model which meant we had a packed ground in D2 even.

I'm still going though, of course.
Palace cup tickets on 09:27 - Sep 4 with 1930 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just looking at the prices for the Brighton friendly (£15 for season ticket holders), so this seems fair enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Palace cup tickets on 09:46 - Sep 4 with 1877 viewshoops_legend

Palace cup tickets on 09:10 - Sep 4 by Paddyhoops

Agreed - I think its fair price! Should be close to sell out. 16K plus

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Palace cup tickets on 09:50 - Sep 4 with 1858 viewskingsburyR

Youngest daughter has football training so that's stuffed it for me!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Palace cup tickets on 09:51 - Sep 4 with 1854 viewsstowmarketrange

Palace cup tickets on 09:26 - Sep 4 by TK1

Yes. Or...you just reward your loyal home fans who've been through three seasons of turmoil and dirge football with cheaper tickets in a nice local derby against higher placed opposition. Nice bit of fan PR, fill the ground, good vibes. Different strokes. It's the old Jim Frayling model which meant we had a packed ground in D2 even.

They did that in the last round and how many took advantage of it?
You also have to charge away fans the same price so it would mean best part of £30k being lost just on away tickets alone.
I am one of the lucky ones who are over 63 and a season ticket holder too,so I can’t personally complain at the prices.
I do feel for those who are priced out though,but we have to balance the books somehow.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:52]
Palace cup tickets on 10:07 - Sep 4 with 1817 viewsWokingR

Palace cup tickets on 09:50 - Sep 4 by kingsburyR

Youngest daughter has football training so that's stuffed it for me!

You need to offer to have a kick about with her, then go full studs up and over the top of the ball on her.
Then, while she's out injured and by way of apology, offer to take her to the game with you.
Palace cup tickets on 11:40 - Sep 4 with 1695 viewslosethedrum

Palace cup tickets on 09:10 - Sep 4 by Paddyhoops

£19 all in is a reasonable price but it is the nigh on 20% booking fee add on taking it to £22.50 for season ticket holders or £28.50 for all other fans that is when the customer does all the work on the booking that i object to .
Palace cup tickets on 11:57 - Sep 4 with 1633 viewsAntti_Heinola

Palace cup tickets on 09:26 - Sep 4 by TK1

I love Jim, but that stuff is so disingenuous. It was cheap firstly because the club was on its actual knees and the football was absolutely terrible for YEARS. They had no other choice, or no one would have gone. We were in league one! And then it got full, yes, I'm sure partly because it was a good deal (and it really was, I remember at one stage doing a survey where I said to them - you can charge a bit more actually, this is really cheap, amd many felt the same) but cheap prices don't fill grounds. Winning teams fill grounds, end of. If we had been bottom of that league I don't care if it was 50p to get in, we'd have been getting crowds of 8000.

They've set the price below £20 for St holders (yes, booking fee is irritating) for a third round tie against local prem opposition. If we don't get a decent gate for that I'll be shocked. The tickets *are* cheaper.

Bare bones.

Palace cup tickets on 12:34 - Sep 4 with 1552 viewsWokingR

Anyone else having problems accessing their 'supposed' reserved season ticket seat ? I've got mine, but my daughters isn't coming up on either her own or my 'managed tickets' account.
Palace cup tickets on 12:38 - Sep 4 with 1540 viewsJuzzie

A few commets about Eze I see.... do we know for sure he'll play?

I hope he does but is it guaranteed?
Palace cup tickets on 12:57 - Sep 4 with 1500 viewsstowmarketrange

Palace cup tickets on 12:34 - Sep 4 by WokingR

Anyone else having problems accessing their 'supposed' reserved season ticket seat ? I've got mine, but my daughters isn't coming up on either her own or my 'managed tickets' account.

I can’t get mine as it’s supposedly in the family stand even though it’s been in the safe standing for over a year.And you can’t get through to the box office by phone.Plenty of time yet though.
Palace cup tickets on 12:58 - Sep 4 with 1498 viewsPaddyhoops

Palace cup tickets on 09:46 - Sep 4 by hoops_legend

Agreed - I think its fair price! Should be close to sell out. 16K plus

My mate who shuns Cup games is going to this game mainly due to the fact his QPR mad
12 year old daughter wants to see Eze play . This fella puts bums on seats .
A genuine talent for the age .
Palace cup tickets on 13:33 - Sep 4 with 1392 viewsSuperhoops2808

Palace cup tickets on 12:38 - Sep 4 by Juzzie

A few commets about Eze I see.... do we know for sure he'll play?

I hope he does but is it guaranteed?

Well nothing is guaranteed

But, he did in the last round and I would think he himself would want to
Palace cup tickets on 13:49 - Sep 4 with 1360 viewsTK1

Palace cup tickets on 11:57 - Sep 4 by Antti_Heinola

I love Jim, but that stuff is so disingenuous. It was cheap firstly because the club was on its actual knees and the football was absolutely terrible for YEARS. They had no other choice, or no one would have gone. We were in league one! And then it got full, yes, I'm sure partly because it was a good deal (and it really was, I remember at one stage doing a survey where I said to them - you can charge a bit more actually, this is really cheap, amd many felt the same) but cheap prices don't fill grounds. Winning teams fill grounds, end of. If we had been bottom of that league I don't care if it was 50p to get in, we'd have been getting crowds of 8000.

They've set the price below £20 for St holders (yes, booking fee is irritating) for a third round tie against local prem opposition. If we don't get a decent gate for that I'll be shocked. The tickets *are* cheaper.

It's not disingenuous in the slightest. And we got to a play-off final and then promoted with those prices so the football was quite good.

In Div 2 (or L1 in new money in 2004) with Frayling's lower priced tickets we averaged over 14k at Loftus Road.
That went up by 2k when we did. It took Paladini (and Briatore) to comprehensively dismantle that ticketing goodwill. By 2009-2010, coming 13th in the Championship with some lovely players, we were averaging 12k. So we were fuller in L1 with cheaper tickets than in the Championship with better players.

I think £19 is decent. I've bought a ticket. But I also think Brentford charging a tenner for adults and letting juniors in for free is better, and smarter long term. The two things can be true at once.
Palace cup tickets on 15:42 - Sep 4 with 1173 viewssimmo

It's reserved my ST seat for the game, but refuses to let me pay for it.

I've never known a business/organisation that makes it so difficult to take my money.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Palace cup tickets on 16:42 - Sep 4 with 1036 viewsWokingR

Palace cup tickets on 15:42 - Sep 4 by simmo

I've never known a business/organisation that makes it so difficult to take my money.

Yep, and be prepared for a 30+ minute wait to get through to the box office for them to sort it out for you.
And it's not until you get down to 4 people in front of you that they give you any idea of where you are in the queue either.
Have a wee and get a drink before you dial.
Palace cup tickets on 17:08 - Sep 4 with 954 viewsBeejnewark

Palace cup tickets on 15:42 - Sep 4 by simmo

Same here. Quite ridiculous really
Palace cup tickets on 17:17 - Sep 4 with 916 viewsAntti_Heinola

Palace cup tickets on 13:49 - Sep 4 by TK1

It's not disingenuous in the slightest. And we got to a play-off final and then promoted with those prices so the football was quite good.

In Div 2 (or L1 in new money in 2004) with Frayling's lower priced tickets we averaged over 14k at Loftus Road.
That went up by 2k when we did. It took Paladini (and Briatore) to comprehensively dismantle that ticketing goodwill. By 2009-2010, coming 13th in the Championship with some lovely players, we were averaging 12k. So we were fuller in L1 with cheaper tickets than in the Championship with better players.

I think £19 is decent. I've bought a ticket. But I also think Brentford charging a tenner for adults and letting juniors in for free is better, and smarter long term. The two things can be true at once.

Well, you've just said what I said, so all good. Crowds went down because we weren't doing so well in the Championship, it had little to do with pricing - it was still not bad then - not until Briatore turned up with his boutique did they rocket. Then when we were top of the table under Briatore it was packed every week and the Aunt Nelly's took over this board begging for tickets, despite prices. We were fuller in L1 because we were winning. Not saying cheap tickets didn't help, but if you're not winning it won't make any difference.

If we were playing Orient, we'd be charging same as Brentford (as we did v Luton). If we were playing Brentford, no way would they be charging a tenner. It's not a comparable situation. As someone else said, we just charged a tenner for the Luton game and hardly anyone turned up, so it's not really better or smarter.

Bare bones.

Palace cup tickets on 17:45 - Sep 4 with 859 viewsterryb

Palace cup tickets on 17:17 - Sep 4 by Antti_Heinola

Well, you've just said what I said, so all good. Crowds went down because we weren't doing so well in the Championship, it had little to do with pricing - it was still not bad then - not until Briatore turned up with his boutique did they rocket. Then when we were top of the table under Briatore it was packed every week and the Aunt Nelly's took over this board begging for tickets, despite prices. We were fuller in L1 because we were winning. Not saying cheap tickets didn't help, but if you're not winning it won't make any difference.

If we were playing Orient, we'd be charging same as Brentford (as we did v Luton). If we were playing Brentford, no way would they be charging a tenner. It's not a comparable situation. As someone else said, we just charged a tenner for the Luton game and hardly anyone turned up, so it's not really better or smarter.

It was Bill Power that greatly increased the prices for the 04/05 season & again for 05/06. I remember Tracy Stent writing to the club to inform them that her family would not be able to afford the season tickets & posted the contents online. Perhaps that was on a different message board?

Then along came Briatore with his platinum, gold, silver & bronze areas!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024