Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? 08:41 - Aug 31 with 1823 viewsstevec

Got to get that three behind the striker working, let’s be honest it’s was dreadful last night. Nothing stuck between them.

On the plus side, we have Chair, Dembele, Andersen, Smyth, Madsen and Varane to choose from, case of finding the right combination.

Dembele for me is wasted stuck out wide. We haven’t really seen Dembele and Andersen on the same pitch yet, that could be a game changer. We still look like an away side in every fixture. Being brutally honest, I can’t say we’ve looked like we’d win any of the 6 games so far.

We’ve got a defence, a central midfield, a centre forward now, but getting those three positions in the right order will be critical to our season.
The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 08:50 - Aug 31 with 1721 viewsnumptydumpty

Add Saito, Lloyd and Kolli to make that nine possibilities for the three.th

The three behind the striker is our strongest area on the pitch.

It didn't work yesterday to start with because I think we used the wrong combination.

Lloyd showed limitations to his game, Madsen just getting up to speed and Dembele for me has shown that he is much more of a threat down the middle.

Can't agree with you that we have been or potentially could be weak in this area.

We have a massive embarrassment of riches there.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 09:00 - Aug 31 with 1628 viewsstevec

The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 08:50 - Aug 31 by numptydumpty

Add Saito, Lloyd and Kolli to make that nine possibilities for the three.th

The three behind the striker is our strongest area on the pitch.

It didn't work yesterday to start with because I think we used the wrong combination.

Lloyd showed limitations to his game, Madsen just getting up to speed and Dembele for me has shown that he is much more of a threat down the middle.

Can't agree with you that we have been or potentially could be weak in this area.

We have a massive embarrassment of riches there.

You’re right, I forgot Saito and Kolli.

Agree about an embarrassment of riches, point I’m making is it’s not really working as it should and I can’t say there’s any sign so far that we will make it work. Getting it right will be the difference between 16th and 6th. I’m sure it can work at this level, it’s just that I haven’t seen it happen here yet.
The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 09:00 - Aug 31 with 1626 viewsHAYESBOY

I think now that the window is over we have some great options with the 2 and the 3.

For the 2.
Colback - Field - Varane - Madsen (EDB)

For the 3.
Chair - Andersen - Saito - Dembele - Smyth (Koli) Lloyd) (Santos)

My worry would be for the 1 up top.
Frey - Celar.

In general I think we have a very balanced squad bar just having 2 senior strikers.

Smells like a trout farm in here

The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 09:13 - Aug 31 with 1538 viewsCiderwithRsie

Where I disagree is over whether there are signs we will get it right.

I suppose it depends on how soon you expect it to click, maybe I have lower expectations on that.

I don't think it's all about "the right combination" - not saying that doesn't matter, I just think as fans we tend to focus on team selection (cos we can all play at that) instead of things like coaching and working with the players.

As you've noted, we have plenty of decent players for the roles, I think it's about getting them to understand their place in the system, which needs to work with interchangeable players, and building the understanding between players so they start to instinctively anticipate each others moves.

The big one for me is fitting Dembele and Chair into the same starting 11. Like you say, Dembele looks wasted out wide; would you play Chair there?

Or would Dembele's wide play be more effective if there was someone more creative (ie Chair) pulling the opposition apart in the middle, too?
The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 09:25 - Aug 31 with 1462 viewsDieByYourSide

As Marti said himself Lloyd is playing out of position at LW.

Two seasons ago he was playing in the Conference and was injured all last year from what I can work out? So his main role should be as our back-up third choice striker, covering when needed.

When everyone's up to speed you'd imagine it'd be three from Saito, Chair, Dembele and Andersen starting most weeks but there's also the option to play Madsen as a 10. Pretty exciting options with Smyth from the bench who shouldn't be starting many games either.

Does Chair actually want to play at 10 or is his preferred position now coming in off the left?

Poll: And it's hi ho

The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 09:37 - Aug 31 with 1338 viewsCiderwithRsie

The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 09:25 - Aug 31 by DieByYourSide

As Marti said himself Lloyd is playing out of position at LW.

Two seasons ago he was playing in the Conference and was injured all last year from what I can work out? So his main role should be as our back-up third choice striker, covering when needed.

When everyone's up to speed you'd imagine it'd be three from Saito, Chair, Dembele and Andersen starting most weeks but there's also the option to play Madsen as a 10. Pretty exciting options with Smyth from the bench who shouldn't be starting many games either.

Does Chair actually want to play at 10 or is his preferred position now coming in off the left?

Was wondering about your last point. When he first broke into the side Eze was 10 and Chair was wider.

I don't know if he's always really wanted that "10" position, or he's just stepped up because someone had to when Ebs left.

He and Eze clearly really got on, it may depend on how he and Dembele bond as much as anything else.
The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 11:07 - Aug 31 with 1029 viewsSuperhoops2808

The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 09:37 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

Was wondering about your last point. When he first broke into the side Eze was 10 and Chair was wider.

I don't know if he's always really wanted that "10" position, or he's just stepped up because someone had to when Ebs left.

He and Eze clearly really got on, it may depend on how he and Dembele bond as much as anything else.

Chair got on with Eze

He also bonded well with Chris W

So my thoughts are that he and Dembele will start to rip up the championship between them I think because Chair always seems to appreciate another creative player so he is not doing it on his own. High hopes here
The 4, the 2 and the 1 ✅ , but the 3?? on 15:40 - Aug 31 with 568 viewsLazyFan

Dembele plays better in the centre. Andersen has started RW before.

So, with Chair LW this could work as the 3. Rotating those three around when in possession could cause the oppo nightmares.

Then we have Smyth, Lloyd, Saito, EDB or Kohli to come one for any of them.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024