Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable 08:23 - Aug 31 with 10485 viewssevenhoop

The new competition is noted but this guy is something else. For a big bloke, his skill, pace and strength going forward is immense and his aerial presence in both boxed is irreplaceable
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:26 - Aug 31 with 6077 viewsSherryHoop

Our change in fortunes coincided with him moving to right back. Sorted out the defensive set pieces and gave us some passion. Not sure he is the long term solution and he'll have to play in the centre at some point. Love him though....a proper R.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:31 - Aug 31 with 6013 viewsnumptydumpty

He always gives it his all.

And can be very decent.

Last season, the own goal would have affected him afterwards also.

But would not agree, he is undroppable. Marti probably thinks the same as we have two other right backs, but clearly a fans favourite and can see why that is.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:32 - Aug 31 with 6017 viewsThGrimRanger

agreed - we ended that horrible run of shipping goals from corners last season the moment he stepped into right back

TheGrimRanger

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:33 - Aug 31 with 5991 viewsGaryBannister86

I couldn't trust Marti more but totally agree. If Dunne is dropped for the sake of giving game time to some loanee youngster, even if youngster is a little bit better....makes no sense to me.

Does anyone else see the spitting image of Macca with the shirt, the hair, the commitment, the odd dodgy moment but huge passion?
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:37 - Aug 31 with 5927 viewsFDC

Last season we joked about the "marauding run by Dunne", but increasingly he looks genuinely comfortable and capable on the ball, cutting in field and finding a progressive pass. Love him to bits
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:47 - Aug 31 with 5844 viewsHastings_Hoops

Marti implied in his post match interview that Dunne won’t be first choice RB.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:52 - Aug 31 with 5814 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with this but I think the new lad is going to come in at RB. Noticed that Marti said it allows Jimmy to go back to being a centre half though he's sure he'll continue to contribute at full back "when he has the opportunity".

Jimmy gives so much in those backs to the wall situations and will be a loss there. He's also done really well in that unexpected RB role and is full of focus and commitment. But am guessing Mart's looking for other things too - like more overlapping and mobility.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:53 - Aug 31 with 5811 viewsHAYESBOY

No doubt he has done very well at right back. I would say though that a winger with pace sometimes gives Jimmy a bit of trouble. I have no idea if this Ashby is any good but seems strange that we would get him on loan and not try him at right back.
No one is un-droppable though. If they don't perform they are out of the team as there is plenty of competition for places now.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:12 - Aug 31 with 5615 viewsLblock

Late in the match
Down in Luton’s left in front of the away end
Did I seriously see Dunne attempting to chip the ball over one or two of their players and run around them to get on the end of it??
Maybe it was the Estrella…….

What a man.
Never mind dropping him - give him three more years

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:19 - Aug 31 with 5572 viewsEsox_Lucius

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:12 - Aug 31 by Lblock

Late in the match
Did I seriously see Dunne attempting to chip the ball over one or two of their players and run around them to get on the end of it??

What a man.

If he ever pulls off a rainbow, it will be time to stop drinking and just drool

The grass is always greener.

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:21 - Aug 31 with 5549 viewsParkRoyalR

Late in the match

What a man.

Yes you did, his footballing ability is vastly under-rated, two footed and not without the skill.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:26 - Aug 31 with 5464 viewshubble

Late in the match

What a man.

Almost - but not quite - up there with Steve Cook nutmegging Adebayo!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:27 - Aug 31 with 5453 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought Jimmy had turned into Richard, ala Wembley 2014, with those late headed clearances.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:41 - Aug 31 with 5347 viewsdmm

We'd miss him defending corners. He heads away more corner balls into the 6 yard box than the other defenders combined. It may be the plan to give him a free role rather than a man or zonal marking role, but nonetheless it's an invaluable one.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:56 - Aug 31 with 5211 viewsdavman

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:47 - Aug 31 by Hastings_Hoops

Marti implied in his post match interview that Dunne won’t be first choice RB.

...and I think that is right, especially if we have someone better and more suited to that position in the club.

Listen, I LOVE Jimmy Dunn; has all the heart that Dickie lacked when the going got tough. He wants to fight back to form; Dickie just wanted to hide and run away.

BUT, he is no right back. Yes, he improved immeasurably after that first 15 minutes v Bristol C last season and he has started to settle in moving forward with the ball. Yes, his aerial presence is massively needed in this team and yes, he is good with the ball at his feet, but we are vulnerable down both wings as neither full back seems to be able to stop crosses. Paal defends too passively and Jimmy isn't always in the right position and can get done by pacy, tricky wingers.

That said, he'd be missed in the eleven specifically at set pieces. For all the Steve Cook "get out of my pub", its Jimmy that seems to get his nut on the ball most of the time when we defend corners.

Nice problem to have though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:09 - Aug 31 with 5131 viewsPaddyhoops

Pretty certain he got a kick in the nuts against Plymouth and refused treatment.
He’s becoming somewhat of a cult hero .
Also a very decent human being.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:28 - Aug 31 with 5031 viewsJimmyR

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:09 - Aug 31 by Paddyhoops

Pretty certain he got a kick in the nuts against Plymouth and refused treatment.
He’s becoming somewhat of a cult hero .
Also a very decent human being.

Wot, jimmy ‘balls of steel’ dunne? He just ran it off mate
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:38 - Aug 31 with 4948 viewsBAWHoops

He's playing right back in a team that over the last 20 games has won 9, drawn 6 and only lost 5.
I'd say that sample size shows he's more than good enough to be in the team at right back.
During that run he's contributed massively with goals and defensive work.
He is rightly our starting RB and I'll be gutted if we drop him for a Prem loanee

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 4788 viewsingeminate

I’m not sure I agree. I’d say he has been pretty solid at right back. Yep a quick, tricky winger will give him problems, but same goes with a lot of right backs. He has been much much better at right back than he was at centre back. For what he offers in both boxes and the infectious passion he brings to the table I’d be v disappointed if he went back to the bench. Plus as has been pointed out he can beat a man and looks to play progressively.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 13:00 - Aug 31 with 4470 viewsT_Block

Judging by performances yes 1st choice right back in the championship.
He is that rare thing an underrated player.
Player with the most competitive spirit in the team.'That undefinable thing called character.
Him and Chair anyway.Adds 20% to his team mates performances by example

He forgot or played through that own goal in 5 minutes.

Cifuentes knows this.

Plays like a fan and there is no higher compliment than that
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 14:38 - Aug 31 with 4047 viewsSpaceman_P

Don't really know why they brought in this new RB, SURELY they knew we needed a LB?
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:31 - Aug 31 with 3889 viewsLazyFan

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 14:38 - Aug 31 by Spaceman_P

Don't really know why they brought in this new RB, SURELY they knew we needed a LB?

I suspect the idea is that if Paal gets injured, Fox is still injured then JCS moves over to LB, Dunne into the centre with Cook and the RB slot is open for Santos of the loanee.

That, I would guess, is the thinking.

zzzzzzzzzz

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:40 - Aug 31 with 3858 viewsdmm

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:31 - Aug 31 by LazyFan

I suspect the idea is that if Paal gets injured, Fox is still injured then JCS moves over to LB, Dunne into the centre with Cook and the RB slot is open for Santos of the loanee.

That, I would guess, is the thinking.

Yeah, that or Dunne simply plays at LB. He is comfortable using his left foot.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:42 - Aug 31 with 3827 viewsbosh67

I'd like to see him get a new contract and be deployed as a holding midfielder like Rice. He has the skill and game awareness to hold the midfield.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:47 - Aug 31 with 3794 viewsdmm

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:42 - Aug 31 by bosh67

I'd like to see him get a new contract and be deployed as a holding midfielder like Rice. He has the skill and game awareness to hold the midfield.

I don't think we're going to be informed about contract extensions, Bosh. Nourry's "Keeping Schtum" policy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024