Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report 23:52 - Aug 25 with 5025 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62851
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 08:16 - Aug 26 with 4080 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Thanks Clive, great report as always. Much appreciated.

I’m trying to stay positive as I think this selection of players could become really exciting when it clicks. Dembele will become a loyal hero I think. But I do agree he had so much more effect on the game when he was central.

I think Field needs a mention as he had a simply superb game. He was everywhere and in fact was unlucky not to score. I was gutted for him that their goal came off of his poor touch.

I’m waiting for the odd meltdown that will happen this week when we sell Dykes. I’m really pleased that he is going as we’ve proved over two seasons that he can’t score regularly enough at this level. But neither Frey or Celar look the complete package either tbh. So where will the goals come from even with the chances we are creating?
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:23 - Aug 26 with 3792 viewsstevec

I’d be employing out of work extras to sing and dance in that lower school end, it’s crazy having a big empty space staring back at us for half the attacks.

The dichotomy for me is whether Dembele can pull this lot up before they drag him down. Little fella, big shoulders, it’s all on him, poor sod.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:30 - Aug 26 with 3759 viewsGaryBannister86

Brilliant report Clive, agree with all of it especially on Smyth and the ref.

As a totally irrelevant point of note, and you can't really tell on the highlights, but I was right in line with the Celar header and it was actually always going wide and the defender's deflection in fact (weirdly) put it closer to goal. At least that's what it looked like to me, but then I was stood in the same spot last season and would have sworn blind the keeper saved in that west brom game rather than the defender punching it over, so large pinch of salt needed.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:41 - Aug 26 with 3691 viewsNorthernr

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:30 - Aug 26 by GaryBannister86

Brilliant report Clive, agree with all of it especially on Smyth and the ref.

As a totally irrelevant point of note, and you can't really tell on the highlights, but I was right in line with the Celar header and it was actually always going wide and the defender's deflection in fact (weirdly) put it closer to goal. At least that's what it looked like to me, but then I was stood in the same spot last season and would have sworn blind the keeper saved in that west brom game rather than the defender punching it over, so large pinch of salt needed.

Just watched it again on the highlights and it's hard to tell. Should definitely have scored one of the others though.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:50 - Aug 26 with 3649 viewsGaryBannister86

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:41 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Just watched it again on the highlights and it's hard to tell. Should definitely have scored one of the others though.

Oh yes, it was definitely a step up from him in that he at least got involved and on the end of things. Am going to stick to my QPR striker mantra "just needs one in off his arse and away he will go" but then again I have said that about many a recent Rangers striker.

Fingers firmly crossed.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:58 - Aug 26 with 3606 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah, I was encouraged by Celar and I thought Frey had a good game. If your forward comes on at HT and has, what, 4, 5? efforts on goal, he's doing something right.

Clive's spot on as usual apart from the penalty shout, but had it been given I wouldn't have complained too much, but clearly the forward yanks JCS to get a start on him and virtually pulls his shirt off by the end. 7 of one 5 of the other.

12.30 KOs are a nightmare though. I absolutely hate them. 5.30 - big fan. Have no issue with that. Why can't Sky give the champ the 5.30 slot, and then have a Prem game at 7.30? All over Europe they play games in the evenings on Saturdays. I'd grudglingly accept one or two a season, but as it stands, it's going to be most of the season and the atmosphere is just awful.

Still, Dembele is a bit special innhe?

Bare bones.

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 10:10 - Aug 26 with 3570 viewsNorthernr

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:58 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, I was encouraged by Celar and I thought Frey had a good game. If your forward comes on at HT and has, what, 4, 5? efforts on goal, he's doing something right.

Clive's spot on as usual apart from the penalty shout, but had it been given I wouldn't have complained too much, but clearly the forward yanks JCS to get a start on him and virtually pulls his shirt off by the end. 7 of one 5 of the other.

12.30 KOs are a nightmare though. I absolutely hate them. 5.30 - big fan. Have no issue with that. Why can't Sky give the champ the 5.30 slot, and then have a Prem game at 7.30? All over Europe they play games in the evenings on Saturdays. I'd grudglingly accept one or two a season, but as it stands, it's going to be most of the season and the atmosphere is just awful.

Still, Dembele is a bit special innhe?

That would actually make more sense as it puts the Prem in a better time slot for the US market, which is of course what they're all going for.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 10:19 - Aug 26 with 3511 viewsthehat

Brilliant Clive - A great read as always.

We all left the ground and thought the ref had a good game for once. I get the 4 minutes was a bit skinny (although he played five and a half) and the Paal pull back was a definite booking although I think it was our first foul and he had given Plymouth a couple before. Anyway it was a tough game to referee and overall I thought he tried to let the game flow and it turned out to be a good spectacle.

Much better from us - I think we will be fine this season once everything settles down after the transfer window shuts. The September and October International breaks will help us too with getting injured players back and extra time on the training ground.

Looking forward to this week and hopefully a nice Barney Rubble over our friends from Luton.
Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 10:35 - Aug 26 with 3445 views89_50

Marti's comments about the team playing too emotionally was spot on - it definitely added to the harum scarum of the flurry of second half attacks.

One thing that stood out a little was that when Frey and Celar were up top as a pair, they didn't try and play together or help each other out. There were a couple of moments where an attempt to nod it down to the other or try and find your strike partner could have been a better option, but they were acting as though they were playing alone.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 10:40 - Aug 26 with 3404 viewsdaveB

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 10:10 - Aug 26 by Northernr

That would actually make more sense as it puts the Prem in a better time slot for the US market, which is of course what they're all going for.

I do think we use the 1230 kick off as a bit of an excuse for atmosphere, Plymouth had no problem making loads of noise. Loftus Road is like that for many a 3pm game as well at this stage of the season, we only really get going 4/5 times a season which is same as most clubs at home
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 11:38 - Aug 26 with 3116 viewsFrankRightguard

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 10:40 - Aug 26 by daveB

I do think we use the 1230 kick off as a bit of an excuse for atmosphere, Plymouth had no problem making loads of noise. Loftus Road is like that for many a 3pm game as well at this stage of the season, we only really get going 4/5 times a season which is same as most clubs at home

Different as away fans though I’d say. They’ve been up since 4am to get there, loads of them probably on the beer on the train. Majority of home fans would have been getting on with whatever they get on with on a Saturday morning then heading to football when they’d normally be heading to the pub then heading to the football. I’m not a match day drinker but it certainly makes for a better atmosphere when loads of people have had the chance to lubricate pre game.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 11:55 - Aug 26 with 3039 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah but I think 1230 kos are almost always poor atmospheres, and agree that away fans tend to make noise anyway. But also yep, it’s both a bit of an excuse and i think there are other factors. Carragher was talking about a muted atmosphere at Anfield yesterday. Early season is often a bit quieter because stakes seem lower, and no one is quite sure what is or isn’t a bad result (except 0-4 at watford). Also teams are still coming together: we had three players start on sat who went even at the club at the start of the season. Lots of people are still on holiday, too. So there’s lots of reasons.

Bare bones.

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 13:35 - Aug 26 with 2629 viewsPaddyhoops

Our home record has and continues to be Piss poor especially in the last couple of years .
13.30 / 8.00 /5.30 or 3.00 . Makes no odds.
Give a dog a bone and he’ll chew on it . We haven’t been chucked many bones.
I love the atmosphere at away games, miles better but it’s the same for every club.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 15:10 - Aug 26 with 2310 viewsdaveB

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 11:55 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah but I think 1230 kos are almost always poor atmospheres, and agree that away fans tend to make noise anyway. But also yep, it’s both a bit of an excuse and i think there are other factors. Carragher was talking about a muted atmosphere at Anfield yesterday. Early season is often a bit quieter because stakes seem lower, and no one is quite sure what is or isn’t a bad result (except 0-4 at watford). Also teams are still coming together: we had three players start on sat who went even at the club at the start of the season. Lots of people are still on holiday, too. So there’s lots of reasons.

Yeah so many factors to the atmosphere and as someone else said our home records hasn't been great for ages so that doesn't help

I think along with the team the atmosphere will improve as the season goes on
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 16:22 - Aug 26 with 2068 viewsBurnleyhoop

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 15:10 - Aug 26 by daveB

Yeah so many factors to the atmosphere and as someone else said our home records hasn't been great for ages so that doesn't help

I think along with the team the atmosphere will improve as the season goes on

The atmosphere died a death straight after we scored an elected to drop deep allowing Plymouth to dominate the ball. Surprised with the lack of gesticulation from Marti when this happens as you would expect him to lose his shit, knowing this is absolutely not the way he wants us to play.

As for Celar, he clearly does his best work in the box and as such he should get far more service than Dykes ever got.

No big loss losing Lyndon, best of luck to him, but really don’t want Chair to go.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 16:39 - Aug 26 with 2018 viewsManinBlack

A very good read and also worth noting we have scored a lot of last minute goals against Luton as well as Derby over the years. Hopefully we can do so this week if needed.

We don't seem to win many lunchtime kick offs as if the team are not quite up to it like for a later kick off. I have seen pics of Plymouth fans on the booze on the net on their way to the game so they were probably more tanked up ready to sing while our fans were at home doing chores before going straight to the game.

Our home form in the last few years has been the stuff of nightmares so the last thing we need is 1230 kick offs. Two home games into a new season and 5 points dropped already having taken the lead in both. If we are to move away to relative safety and have no relegation concerns, this home form needs to drastically improve and it doesn't help having forwards who don't score. It is the away results that have largely kept us up but we don't want to keep relying on that. Early days with a newish team but Saturday our failings were familiar and nothing new.
[Post edited 26 Aug 16:41]
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 19:13 - Aug 26 with 1738 viewsLoft1979

yes! Together they brought too many defenders in the penalty area and diffused the threat so apparent earlier on. With Kolli on the prior shape was restored. I was very disappointed that Saito came off. And I agree that KD is more effective centrally.
Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 09:27 - Aug 27 with 799 viewsqprninja

Plymouth see red; QPR suffer déjà vu – Report on 19:13 - Aug 26 by Loft1979

yes! Together they brought too many defenders in the penalty area and diffused the threat so apparent earlier on. With Kolli on the prior shape was restored. I was very disappointed that Saito came off. And I agree that KD is more effective centrally.

Saito was quite poor I thought. He got booted quite early on by one of the Plymouth defenders, that seemed to put him off his game a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024