Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . 15:06 - Aug 22 with 36786 viewsCLAREMAN1995

A joke for the US based Rs but it might come through .QPR -2 Plymouth Argyle -0
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 15:54 - Aug 24 with 3043 viewskernowhoop

Those of us who have been watching football for a long time know that it is perfectly possible for a 10-man team committed to defence to hold out against an 11-man team committed to attack; frustrating though it may be for the attacking team.
Plymouth Argyle have had some practice at it.
Last season, they drew 0-0 at LR, having had a player sent off in the first half. Rangers had 29 shots at goal, 10 of which were on target.
Today, they drew 1-1 at LR, having had a player sent off in the first half. Rangers had 30 shots at goal, 10 of which were on target.
It's frustrating, but we shall have better days.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:18 - Aug 24 with 2826 viewsMyke

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 15:32 - Aug 24 by Damo1962

As much as I have criticized Dykes in the past...he is arguably our best striker. But even he isn't prolific...so we continue to struggle up front. Chair is the only one who seems able to create a goal for himself as well.Smyth is a trier... but lacks guile. He did look better than Saito on the other wing mind you. Hoping for better things from our Japanese addition.Just seen that Dykes is on his way back to Scotland. Hope we have replacement lined.
[Post edited 24 Aug 15:35]

If Dykes is indeed on his way I can't see him being replaced. All week the debate on here was about balancing the books so it could be that Dykes is about to do that. Plus we have an array of attacking players Frey ( who was excellent today) and Celar up front, with Chair (sorely missed again) Kieta , Dembele, Smyth ( very impressive today) Anderson, Kolli (may be loaned out) and Madsen all attacking options. I am still concerned about defensive midfield (Field poor again today epitomised by poor touch leading to goal) but especially LB where Paal was given a bit of a roasting 1st half.
That said if this is our final squad
I will be happy enough as it should be enough for 10 - 14 place finish.As Mackie said before KO building blocks for a play-off push next season
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:27 - Aug 24 with 2735 viewsMalintabuk

Not long in and finally drying out.
Very frustrating, always is, when you play 10 men and they manage to hold out. Last weekend Newcastle won with 10.
Said at half time that no matter what we think of Shrek, he is a better managerial proposition that a Lampard. Thought they were well organised and they did ride their luck, but they held on
Read the thread and for me today was a lot more positive than both WBA and SU.
We played some decent football and the second half we did everything but score
The new lads all look an upgrade on last season, Dembele is a class act, Saito I also think will come good, Celar looked lively and could have scored, Masden looked what he was, someone that has had 24 hours with the club.
Like a lot not sure about this downer on Smyth. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I thought he had a decent game
2nd half Paal was more a DM than a full back which pushed Field further up, and Sam had 2 really good efforts.
All in all I'm not to down on this. Frustrated we never won, but a lot more positive this weekend than the one 2 weeks ago
[Post edited 24 Aug 16:30]
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:29 - Aug 24 with 2707 viewsQPunkR

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 15:09 - Aug 24 by paulparker

Not getting the Smyth hate on here , the fella put in about 3or 4 great balls into the box with no sod on the end of it as per
If we had a real striker then this team could be top 6 imo

He seems to have a singular knack of putting the ball exactly where none of our players are. So the odd occasion when he does put a good cross in, there’s no-one on the end of it. Conversely, whenever we have players in good positions his final ball goes nowhere near any of them

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:31 - Aug 24 with 2680 viewsrbee

I thought Smythe did ok today, his pace does cause problems, but as we know there isn't too much end product. However if he earns us corners that is very useful now that we are more dangerous from those.

West London Sports Ian McCullough thinks that the arrival of Dembele and Saito will make Smythe up his game.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:38 - Aug 24 with 2603 viewsSonic_Hoop

Where's everyone gone? The game's still going on, Plymouth down to 7, we've had 86 shots, 27 on target, still 1-1.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:40 - Aug 24 with 2562 viewsQPunkR

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:38 - Aug 24 by Sonic_Hoop

Where's everyone gone? The game's still going on, Plymouth down to 7, we've had 86 shots, 27 on target, still 1-1.

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:40 - Aug 24 with 2559 viewsKerryE

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 14:33 - Aug 24 by QPunkR

I've had it with him. His constant diving is fcuking ridiculous and very fkn obvious. Most especially in injury time, has the opportunity to cross the ball (miles over everyone, into the Upper Loft or straight into the first defender, admittedly) and just flops unconvincingly onto the deck. Get into the fkn sea

I thought he did some great crosses. Played well. He is not the issue.
A quality stricker/finisher would have got a hat trick today with the service provided today.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:54 - Aug 24 with 2395 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:18 - Aug 24 by Myke

If Dykes is indeed on his way I can't see him being replaced. All week the debate on here was about balancing the books so it could be that Dykes is about to do that. Plus we have an array of attacking players Frey ( who was excellent today) and Celar up front, with Chair (sorely missed again) Kieta , Dembele, Smyth ( very impressive today) Anderson, Kolli (may be loaned out) and Madsen all attacking options. I am still concerned about defensive midfield (Field poor again today epitomised by poor touch leading to goal) but especially LB where Paal was given a bit of a roasting 1st half.
That said if this is our final squad
I will be happy enough as it should be enough for 10 - 14 place finish.As Mackie said before KO building blocks for a play-off push next season

Why not a play-off push this season? This div is so much of a muchness.

Who is Kieta again?
[Post edited 24 Aug 17:00]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:57 - Aug 24 with 2373 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:29 - Aug 24 by QPunkR

He seems to have a singular knack of putting the ball exactly where none of our players are. So the odd occasion when he does put a good cross in, there’s no-one on the end of it. Conversely, whenever we have players in good positions his final ball goes nowhere near any of them

You could easily turn that around, and question Frey and Celar for not attacking the right spaces, which happened (or didn't happen) at least once or twice in that 2nd half. And we all know about Lyndon's 'talent' in that direction. Sigh!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:01 - Aug 24 with 2340 viewsBurnleyhoop

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 15:31 - Aug 24 by joe90

Disappointing result and performance.

Smyth struggled today and Plymouth exploited it. We spent the rest of the game trying to accommodate him.

Madden, not impressed. Didn’t get involved and spent long periods drifting…but he did look okay the few times he got on the ball. He seems more inclined to go forward, which is a positive. My feeling during the game was that he’s potentially Dozzell mk2. I hope I’m wrong.

Celar, also unimpressive.

I thought Dunne, Dembele and Frey were the stand out players.

It’s only August and I think we’ll see big improvements. Not going to s**t the bed yet, but that was disappointing and frustrating, especially after the first goal where it looked like we would steam roll them.

I thought Madsen looked useful. Calm and composed on the ball with a good range of passing.
The speed and physicality of the game was obviously a shock for him, but gets forward and links play.I think he will be fine.

Frustrating today, but we will have a far more attacking threat this season. Get Chair back in the team and we will be rocking.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 2235 viewsKerryE

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 16:29 - Aug 24 by QPunkR

Today, he put in excellent crosses and it is up to the strikers to get in front of the defender which they did not.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:18 - Aug 24 with 2152 viewsNorthantsHoop

Almost a carbon copy of last seasons game where Plymouth held out for a draw with 10 men. Their keeper was probably man of the match made some very good saves. Dembele looks very good and thought Frey better option up front as Celar still too far off the pace of the Championship at the moment.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 2079 viewsNortholt_Rs

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:18 - Aug 24 by NorthantsHoop

Almost a carbon copy of last seasons game where Plymouth held out for a draw with 10 men. Their keeper was probably man of the match made some very good saves. Dembele looks very good and thought Frey better option up front as Celar still too far off the pace of the Championship at the moment.

Celar should’ve scored a hat trick. Pisspoor.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:38 - Aug 24 with 2047 viewsdutch

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:33 - Aug 24 by Northolt_Rs

Celar should’ve scored a hat trick. Pisspoor.

Plymouth fans moaning about the second sending off. Thought that was as bad a challenge as I've seen in a long time. High, studs up, sent the man flying. What are they moaning about? As red card as I've seen.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 18:05 - Aug 24 with 1912 viewsDiscodroids

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 17:38 - Aug 24 by dutch

Plymouth fans moaning about the second sending off. Thought that was as bad a challenge as I've seen in a long time. High, studs up, sent the man flying. What are they moaning about? As red card as I've seen.

the bit that sent me madder than frankie fraser in his rampton straightjacket was when the plymouth players manhandled the ref like 14 year old girls seeing the beatles at hamburg areana for the first time.

Clear sending off yet they acted as if they had neen wronged like Derek bentley.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 18:40 - Aug 24 with 1705 viewsjohnhoop

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 18:05 - Aug 24 by Discodroids

the bit that sent me madder than frankie fraser in his rampton straightjacket was when the plymouth players manhandled the ref like 14 year old girls seeing the beatles at hamburg areana for the first time.

Clear sending off yet they acted as if they had neen wronged like Derek bentley.

Hands on the ref should be an automatic sending off so they ought to have been down to about five men.
Mind you, we probably still wouldn’t have scored.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 18:50 - Aug 24 with 1664 viewsmart_Goblin

Frustrating beyond belief but strangely fun to see us attacking so much for once .
4 mins injury time was a joke from officials who had lost all control by then but let’s be honest , it could have been 24 minutes and we still wouldn’t have scored. Credit to Plymouth for digging in but you can’t fault our effort and desire to get the winner . Just didn’t happen . Celar missed 3 big chances , but also thought he got himself into good areas so at least there’s that . I thought Frey was very good too. Dembele scintillating at times .
Much more hopeful now we are creating chances and a shout to Jimmy Dunne. I thought he was tremendous today .

Just need to be more clinical as we won’t get any easier opportunities for 3 points this season
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 10:12 - Aug 25 with 1070 viewsBurnleyhoop

There is an onus on those in and around the box to attack the crosses you know. Quite often the ball zips across the box and there is absolutely no one making the run to connect, particularly at the back post.

Having said that, he really should be getting his head up a bit more looking for cut backs where possible.

Decent on the wing, but woeful at defending. Squad player at best.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 11:15 - Aug 25 with 974 viewskernowhoop

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 15:16 - Aug 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

He puts the ball in, but he never looks and picks a man out, he just blindly puts a ball in. It's very rarely in the right place.

There is very little football craft from him.

Smyth is different from e.g. Dembele - he does everything at great speed. The much called-for 'pace'. But, this means that he does not have the luxury of being able to 'look up' and some crosses will be wasted. It also means that those in the middle should be better at working out where the ball from Smyth is likely to go. Maybe that takes time.
QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 15:04 - Aug 25 with 744 viewsQPunkR

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 10:12 - Aug 25 by Burnleyhoop

There is an onus on those in and around the box to attack the crosses you know. Quite often the ball zips across the box and there is absolutely no one making the run to connect, particularly at the back post.

Having said that, he really should be getting his head up a bit more looking for cut backs where possible.

Decent on the wing, but woeful at defending. Squad player at best.

I do know that. My point is that he never finds anyone with a cross. Almost always picks the wrong option and goes high to the far post when near post low cross is on and vice versa

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR V The Pilgrims Early Thanksgiving Stuffing Hopefully Match Thread . on 15:32 - Aug 25 with 683 viewsBoston

We were on the front foot for 85mins.

The ball spent an inordinate amount of time in the oppo's half.

Attack after attack.

Thirty attempts on goal.

Isn't this the entertaining football we've been crying out for?
[Post edited 25 Aug 15:33]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024