Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh Matt Smoth retires 19:29 - Aug 19 with 4595 viewsTonto

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cvg3nnlge89o

One of those much maligned players that did a lot better than many want to remember...
[Post edited 19 Aug 19:29]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 19:32 - Aug 19 with 4520 viewsGaryHaddock

Long live the king!

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 19:38 - Aug 19 with 4445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Was he much-maligned?

I thought we were very fond of him. A player who did very well for himself considering his physical talents, and always seemed a great pro who was always in shape and always well-mannered.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 20:03 - Aug 19 with 4299 viewsGaryHaddock

On some podcast or another, maybe it was someone on here, he said Les Ferdinand made him train and do boxing for two hours before everyone else which led to an increase in agility and goal scoring form.

Ultimately though, he said Warburton fcked him off. I liked him.
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 20:31 - Aug 19 with 4162 viewsHoopstar

24 goals in L2 last season a great way to go out. Was always obvious he'd be seriously prolific down the leagues.

Will always remember that awful Rotherham team that managed to let him run clean through on goal with 20 metres of space to their nearest defender.
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 20:32 - Aug 19 with 4163 viewsPaddyhoops

Liked him a lot . Have us a different option and he popped up with some very important goals.
Very funny bloke who has a great future in broadcasting.
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 20:52 - Aug 19 with 4047 viewsChrisNW6

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 20:31 - Aug 19 by Hoopstar

24 goals in L2 last season a great way to go out. Was always obvious he'd be seriously prolific down the leagues.

Will always remember that awful Rotherham team that managed to let him run clean through on goal with 20 metres of space to their nearest defender.

Must be a bit of trivia there, can't imagine, many, if any, players have retired after scoring 24 goals in their final season.

Always liked Matt Smith and he scored a few well needed goals.
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 21:49 - Aug 19 with 3793 viewsbosh67

I always thought he was excellent and some hugely important cameos and late rescue goals as well. Happy retirement. Spent his whole career scoring goals. 40 goals in 95 games at Salford is how to finish your career on top!
[Post edited 19 Aug 21:51]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 07:50 - Aug 20 with 3228 viewsgazza1

Limited player but a big asset to the teams that he played for, gave it 100%, done a good job generally, team player and came across as a decent lad. Interesting his Father in law is Steve Bruce.
Login to get fewer ads

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 08:26 - Aug 20 with 3109 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 07:50 - Aug 20 by gazza1

Limited player but a big asset to the teams that he played for, gave it 100%, done a good job generally, team player and came across as a decent lad. Interesting his Father in law is Steve Bruce.

Wot he said!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 09:09 - Aug 20 with 2986 viewswestberksr

also very strong defensively for corners; just seemed like an all-round decent bloke.
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 09:27 - Aug 20 with 2914 viewsrobith

Used to drive me mad how we never played to his strengths. He wasn't amazing with his back to goal, he was best attacking crosses facing forwards. Yet multiple managers went "big man = target"
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 10:24 - Aug 20 with 2734 viewsSuperhoop83

Big Matt Smith's last kick of a ball for QPR - a somewhat uncharacteristic thunderbastard.

Suffering since 1978.

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 16:28 - Aug 21 with 2088 viewsHoopstar

Beautiful game football.

To have Matt Smith and Eze in the same side. Chef's kiss.
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 17:50 - Aug 21 with 1921 viewsqpr_1968

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 10:24 - Aug 20 by Superhoop83

Big Matt Smith's last kick of a ball for QPR - a somewhat uncharacteristic thunderbastard.

had a front row seat right behind that goal, upper tier.....as soon as he latched onto it you knew that net would burst.

a career of 523 games 160 goals, a lot of lower division teams, one loan caught my eye, played 3 times for a team called littleton....scored 9 goals.
he definately knew where the net was....

i thought he was excellent.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 18:14 - Aug 21 with 1867 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Posh Matt Smoth retires on 10:24 - Aug 20 by Superhoop83

Fcuk me Eze was amazing (well that penalty aside )but we seemed to be attacking more and quicker then and yes I know its just a highlight package .
Smith unloaded that lazer but most of his goals were headers and under fierce pressure fair play to him.
Seems a bit odd walking away after all those goals last year as a poster above mentioned .Maybe the wear and tear just became too much.
Enjoy the retirement you have earned it
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 08:11 - Aug 22 with 1314 viewswestberksr

also recall him getting nothing from ref's and often penalised when he was just bigger and better in the air.

refs are twwats though; happy retirement Big Posh Matt
Posh Matt Smoth retires on 12:58 - Aug 22 with 1072 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024