Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden 21:21 - Aug 18 with 12020 viewsnumptydumpty

Appreciate we have Field Colback Varane Dixon Bonner

Think people are asking this after Varanes first two games, EDB never quite hits the level as yet, and Colback and Field are walking yellow cards or worse.

Harsh to judge already !!!

If we could to bed in Varane as he develops this season.

I would offer Hayden a one year contract with option for a second that only we can trigger and delay his full wages, if an issue.

Appreciate he does not fit the profile currently but we have Cook as a role model for how this works within the defence.

It's a tough one but it is a key position as shown by the effect Colback had when he came on and filled in the Hayden role.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 21:56 - Aug 18 with 5552 viewsHoopsie

Realistically, another loan

I would get Hayden, it is obvious we need an experienced stalwart anchoring that midfield

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:02 - Aug 18 with 5507 viewsdmm

I'm sure Hayden would do well for us but I was hoping we'd get an 8 who can drive forward rather than another 6 to add to Varane, Field and Colback.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:07 - Aug 18 with 5494 views222gers

Yes please….
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:35 - Aug 18 with 5264 viewswombat

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:07 - Aug 18 by 222gers

Yes please….

Yes , he come back and we are Lucky with injuries we become a top 10 side .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:40 - Aug 18 with 5218 viewsNorthernr

Going against everything I've previously said, yes I think we do.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 23:33 - Aug 18 with 4990 viewsHoopsie

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:02 - Aug 18 by dmm

I'm sure Hayden would do well for us but I was hoping we'd get an 8 who can drive forward rather than another 6 to add to Varane, Field and Colback.

Now you said it i think we need both

An 8 as you prescribed (has to have experience at this level in this league; an AI algorithm selected "unknown" won't do - we need instantaneously up to speed and championship savvy - like Hayden

And Hayden to calm the nerves and provide stability

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 23:34 - Aug 18 with 4997 viewsdaveB

big yes from me, have 2 solid players behind Dembele, Saito and Chair and we could be a very good side to watch this season

Varane needs time and looks a long way off the pace at the moment
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 23:34 - Aug 18 with 4933 viewsstainrods_elbow

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:40 - Aug 18 by Northernr

Going against everything I've previously said, yes I think we do.

Although I'm apparently less permitted by one or two of the usual suspects on here to contradict myself, I concur.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 23:44 - Aug 18 with 4925 viewskarlski

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 23:34 - Aug 18 by daveB

big yes from me, have 2 solid players behind Dembele, Saito and Chair and we could be a very good side to watch this season

Varane needs time and looks a long way off the pace at the moment

Agreed. Hayden or another midfielder with experience who can play 8, demands the ball, and makes progressive passes would be ideal with Colback and/or Field next to them for defensive purposes. If you can partially free Field from progressive passing responsibilities by having a ball player next to him who can pass and ideally run with the ball up the field, he's far more effective in the Field the Shield role.

Saito, Chair, Dembele with Smyth to come on and run at tired defences and Andersen to provide an alternative with a bit of guile is really quite tasty. Hope we get to see it!
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 23:50 - Aug 18 with 4882 viewsMyke

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 22:02 - Aug 18 by dmm

I think Hayden's return would allow Field to play a more advanced role which he be very effective at. Think of Field in the two home games v WBA this season and last and compare/contrast his effectiveness
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 23:58 - Aug 18 with 4862 viewsHAYESBOY

I think a No 10 is more important now. Chair out and most likely Andersen out as well.

A big ask for us to keep playing an attacking 3 of Saito, Dembele and Smyth for the next 2 months possibly.

Would love Stansfield if he became available.
[Post edited 19 Aug 0:00]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 00:24 - Aug 19 with 4794 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Is he still available and if so why .Has any other team even looked at him since he left QPR or are his wages just too high .If he is the same player he was last spring then we should sign him and I am sure he would enjoy a full season under Marti and really help our cause
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 07:19 - Aug 19 with 4347 viewsstevec

Add Hayden to Field and Colback as a rotating 2 from 3 option this season and we’ve got a team.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 07:31 - Aug 19 with 4284 viewsQPROslo

Yes, if we can afford him.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 07:47 - Aug 19 with 4210 viewsngbqpr

I simply don't think we can afford him.

Looks like we're sticking with 4231. We have 4 players for the 2 - Field / Colback, then EDB with a contract extension, and Varane freshly signed. That's the path, for better or worse, we've opted to go down.

If we start having 5 players to cover 2 positions, we're taking risks we shouldn't take imho.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 07:58 - Aug 19 with 4171 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

We desperately need someone in there, but only Hayden if it were a loan. We shouldn't, and I don't think we would anyway, be thinking of buying him.

The only way Varane is going to get up to speed is by playing him. I just hope the crowd stick with him, as there is definitely a very good player there.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 08:09 - Aug 19 with 4100 viewscpgerber

Looking at the ages of our incoming signings who's seen first team action already:

Nardi - 30
Morrison - 21
Santos - 23
Varane - 22
Celar - 25
Dembele - 21
Saito - 23
Bennie - 18

Probably missing one or two. They all fit the "model", but imho a Hayden to balance things out experience and "grit" wise is needed, for sure.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 08:11 - Aug 19 with 4073 viewsNed_Kennedys

No we have a big enough squad and can’t keep signing players with no significant outgoing transfers to balance the books.
By QPR standards we spent a lot of money on Varane so he needs to play week in week out to get him up to speed asap, not dump him after one league game away at one of the better teams. EDB is ok as a squad option.
Some people still wanting more players but also don’t want Chair or JCS to be sold this window…..
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 08:41 - Aug 19 with 3752 viewsgazza1

Poster eh, dont you just love them!!!!

Varone....great signing apparently, I cant comment because I know very very little about him. However, lets give him a chance over the coming weeks before we talk about more new defensive midfield type signings.

EDB....good young player (i'd question that - he is OKish), good enough atm as a back-up.

Field & Colback are good enough for us atm.

Plus Andeson who defends as well. I presume there are also players in the Development squad that may be pushing for a game.

That is 4 (plus) for maybe one perhaps two central defensive type midfielders.

Why get another in, we are not Chelsea!!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 8:42]
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 08:44 - Aug 19 with 3696 viewsGloucs_R

I think we need another CM and as we know what Hayden is about and he wants to come back, then yes.

EDB... Not championship level yet
Collback... Already shared what I think on other posts and got pelters for it.
Field... Championship player but needs help
Varane... Didn't know anything about him before he signed. Don't know if he's good enough for the championship. Hopefully he is and it will works out positive but only time will tell, so a bit of a risk.

Still being linked to the Korean international too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 08:59 - Aug 19 with 3571 viewsdmm

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 08:44 - Aug 19 by Gloucs_R

I think we need another CM and as we know what Hayden is about and he wants to come back, then yes.

EDB... Not championship level yet
Collback... Already shared what I think on other posts and got pelters for it.
Field... Championship player but needs help
Varane... Didn't know anything about him before he signed. Don't know if he's good enough for the championship. Hopefully he is and it will works out positive but only time will tell, so a bit of a risk.

Still being linked to the Korean international too.

The South Korean midfielder you mention is Ho-yeon Jeong. Where did you see the latest link? His contract is up at the end of 2024 so perhaps we'd wait and sign him on a free.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 09:01 - Aug 19 with 3550 viewsnix

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 07:47 - Aug 19 by ngbqpr

I simply don't think we can afford him.

Looks like we're sticking with 4231. We have 4 players for the 2 - Field / Colback, then EDB with a contract extension, and Varane freshly signed. That's the path, for better or worse, we've opted to go down.

If we start having 5 players to cover 2 positions, we're taking risks we shouldn't take imho.

Yes this.

I'm guessing we've spent a lot of our budget, if not all of it with the current new signings. I don't want to see another rush of blood to the head repeated for the Johansson and Austin signings and then regret it in two year's time.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 09:09 - Aug 19 with 3491 viewsPdog

Not for me, its so early in the season and looks like we've decided Varane to be that guy. Tracked him for months & paid hard cash for the man, got to back him and let him develop / make mistakes along the way.

I see Hayden as an expensive stop-gap with no sell-on value, (even a 50% pay cut would put him on £25k p/w) if we're struggling down the bottom come Jan then ok someone like that can help (on loan), but for now I'd enjoy the process of polishing our own diamond in the rough for potential big profit.
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 09:14 - Aug 19 with 3404 viewsnix

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 09:09 - Aug 19 by Pdog

Not for me, its so early in the season and looks like we've decided Varane to be that guy. Tracked him for months & paid hard cash for the man, got to back him and let him develop / make mistakes along the way.

I see Hayden as an expensive stop-gap with no sell-on value, (even a 50% pay cut would put him on £25k p/w) if we're struggling down the bottom come Jan then ok someone like that can help (on loan), but for now I'd enjoy the process of polishing our own diamond in the rough for potential big profit.

Spot on!

Maybe different if the Eze money had come through but, yes, we can maybe get a January loan if necessary.
[Post edited 19 Aug 9:17]
Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 09:16 - Aug 19 with 3379 viewswombat

Centre Mid - do we need Hayden on 09:09 - Aug 19 by Pdog

hopefully Eze is sold sooner rather than later which might give us some wiggle room with bringing a couple more in , and hadyn is hopefully one of them , depends on what the clubs plan for this season is ? plod along in mid table or maybe give ita go and push on , blood varane slowly becuase at the moment hes no where close to being able to start and influence games in a positive manner.

id also see if we off load frey and bring something quicker in for something diff up front .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024