Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 08:45 - Aug 18 with 3872 viewsGaryHaddock

Good to see him play at the top of the Premiership. Always a player I liked.
Luongo on 09:02 - Aug 18 with 3741 viewsPetros

Loved the Freeman Luongo Scowen midfield. Complemented each other, greater than the sum of its parts. Pleasantly surprised to see Luongo doing so well.
Luongo on 09:02 - Aug 18 with 3681 viewsstevec

Taken off
Luongo on 09:15 - Aug 18 with 3662 viewsOakR

I was going to start a similar thread yesterday. So pleased for him, I never understood why he wasn6rated by some.

Think he had the most tackles in the Championship or some similar record when with us, but also great at some of those short passing moves.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Luongo on 10:05 - Aug 18 with 3445 viewsbosh67

I'm pleased to see him get a chance at the top level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luongo on 10:47 - Aug 18 with 3341 viewsGaryHaddock

Iroegbunam also did well for Everton yesterday it seems.
Luongo on 10:53 - Aug 18 with 3291 viewshoops_legend

Fond memories of him and testament to how much we liked it that we still wish him well

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Luongo on 10:53 - Aug 18 with 3291 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Luongo on 10:47 - Aug 18 by GaryHaddock

Iroegbunam also did well for Everton yesterday it seems.

Albert changed the game for Walsall yesterday, and scored.

Another one we let go way too young!
[Post edited 18 Aug 11:06]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luongo on 11:23 - Aug 18 with 3139 viewscaliforniahoop

Yes, pleased for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo on 11:24 - Aug 18 with 3130 viewscaliforniahoop

Luongo on 10:53 - Aug 18 by PlanetHonneywood

Albert changed the game for Walsall yesterday, and scored.

Another one we let go way too young!
[Post edited 18 Aug 11:06]

😂😂, a good servant
Luongo on 13:49 - Aug 18 with 2764 viewsGaryHaddock

Armstrong banged one in too I think.

Makes we wonder if we are coaching these kids wrong.
Luongo on 13:58 - Aug 18 with 2698 viewsLoftgirl

Luongo on 13:49 - Aug 18 by GaryHaddock

The friendly ghost picked up a yellow.
Luongo on 14:06 - Aug 18 with 2663 viewsfrancisbowles

Luongo on 13:49 - Aug 18 by GaryHaddock

A header too!
Luongo on 16:13 - Aug 18 with 2333 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Luongo on 14:06 - Aug 18 by francisbowles

A header too!

Are you sure that is not a misprint there francisbowles has Sinclair even got a head haha.
Seriously though forget about the couple of goals he banged in for us but did he ever try for a diving header or get on the end of a corner/cross etc I cannot recall any.
Have to admit I was hoping he would be a star at QPR but as usual finances ruined everything but I wish him well.
Luongo and Ipswich were excellent in the first half but get by the pace and skill of Liverpool in the second and now have Man City next good luck with that start
Luongo on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 1951 viewsLoft1979

Luongo on 16:13 - Aug 18 by CLAREMAN1995

Are you sure that is not a misprint there francisbowles has Sinclair even got a head haha.
Seriously though forget about the couple of goals he banged in for us but did he ever try for a diving header or get on the end of a corner/cross etc I cannot recall any.
Have to admit I was hoping he would be a star at QPR but as usual finances ruined everything but I wish him well.
Luongo and Ipswich were excellent in the first half but get by the pace and skill of Liverpool in the second and now have Man City next good luck with that start

Ditto. I first saw him scoring against Germany. And I thought he was a great find for us.
Congrats to him and hope he has a good season.
Luongo on 09:25 - Aug 19 with 1512 viewskernowhoop

Luongo's talent was not fully recognised at QPR. He worked hard on all the messy stuff in midfield, where it is easy to give all and make life easier for the rest of the team, without doing anything spectacular.
Luongo on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 1371 viewsGaryHaddock

Luongo on 09:25 - Aug 19 by kernowhoop

Luongo's talent was not fully recognised at QPR. He worked hard on all the messy stuff in midfield, where it is easy to give all and make life easier for the rest of the team, without doing anything spectacular.

I felt he wasn’t sure where his best position was when he was with us. He could tackle and he was very mobile but wasn’t the greatest distributer. I remember watching him for Australia (maybe Olympics) and the commentator saying he had the same problem for them.

But he won possession back as good as anyone we’ve ever had which will be invaluable for a team like Ipswich this season facing those tedious possession teams like Man City.
[Post edited 19 Aug 10:49]
Luongo on 14:53 - Aug 19 with 1019 viewsTomS

Luongo on 10:31 - Aug 19 by GaryHaddock

I felt he wasn’t sure where his best position was when he was with us. He could tackle and he was very mobile but wasn’t the greatest distributer. I remember watching him for Australia (maybe Olympics) and the commentator saying he had the same problem for them.

But he won possession back as good as anyone we’ve ever had which will be invaluable for a team like Ipswich this season facing those tedious possession teams like Man City.
[Post edited 19 Aug 10:49]

It's not just City, nearly every coach strives to play like that nowadays. It's the reason why the Euros were such a boring spectacle. Unless teams without the ball are willing to learn and effectively apply a high press, we will have to endure it for a while. Until of course the next fashionable tactic emerges!
Luongo on 17:05 - Aug 19 with 875 viewsGaryHaddock

Luongo on 14:53 - Aug 19 by TomS

It's not just City, nearly every coach strives to play like that nowadays. It's the reason why the Euros were such a boring spectacle. Unless teams without the ball are willing to learn and effectively apply a high press, we will have to endure it for a while. Until of course the next fashionable tactic emerges!

Probably why I couldnt keep my eyes off Albania!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024