Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback 18:09 - Aug 17 with 14573 viewsLongsufferingR

Must never be picked again. How thick can one person be?
Colback on 10:55 - Aug 18 with 3501 viewsEsox_Lucius

IIRC, the EPL have announced that this season only the captain may approach a referee for any discussion. Automatic yellow for any other player getting involved. My question; has this been extended to the EFL too?

The grass is always greener.

Colback on 11:04 - Aug 18 with 3424 viewsMrSheen

Colback on 10:55 - Aug 18 by Esox_Lucius

IIRC, the EPL have announced that this season only the captain may approach a referee for any discussion. Automatic yellow for any other player getting involved. My question; has this been extended to the EFL too?

Where’s Pinner Paul when you need him? I was going to ask about the Luton goalkeeper getting yellow carded for time wasting when another player was taking the goal kick. Makes sense to put the punishment on one player rather than allow them to share out the cheating, but also unjust at the same time.
Colback on 11:27 - Aug 18 with 3301 viewsfrancisbowles

As Clive said at one point last season, 'KNOW THE REF'.

A quick read of Clive's refereeing piece on Friday made me comment that it might be an idea not to pick JC.

Unfortunately, mainly due to Varane picking up a yellow, he had to be brought on. Then he really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut or get Steve Cook to do the complaining for him.
Colback on 12:47 - Aug 18 with 3041 viewsstowmarketrange

Colback on 10:13 - Aug 18 by BklynRanger

It just seems like ridiculous officiating.

Of course Colback should be careful, and has to carry a certain amount of blame for apparently giving them the opportunity, but two cards like that in such a short period is ludicrous.

Soon after you've got that dickhead Robinson jumping forward towards the ref and mouthing off over Smyth's corner and nothing happens. Just seems inconsistent.

Tbh I think we'd get more out of assuming the referring team acted excessively, and getting behind Colback, than looking to get rid. For one thing Varane clearly isn't ready.
[Post edited 18 Aug 10:14]

Can you imagine the uproar if he’d sent off the Man Utd muppet who is constantly in the ref’s ear for two yellow cards given for dissent?He’d never get another premier league game.
And Robinson berates the Lino a few minutes later and gets nothing for it.What happened to consistency?
Colback on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 3019 viewsNorthernr

That was Jack Colback in one afternoon wasn't it? Made a big difference to our midfield when he came on, big step up on Varane, and then ruins it all cos he can't keep his gob shut.
Colback on 12:51 - Aug 18 with 2995 viewsnix

Colback on 12:47 - Aug 18 by stowmarketrange

Can you imagine the uproar if he’d sent off the Man Utd muppet who is constantly in the ref’s ear for two yellow cards given for dissent?He’d never get another premier league game.
And Robinson berates the Lino a few minutes later and gets nothing for it.What happened to consistency?

That's always my bugbear, the lack of consistency. And the refs don't ever have to answer for it.
Colback on 14:43 - Aug 18 with 2676 viewsdaveB

I thought he had booked Frey the first time as he was going mad Colback seemed to be telling him to go away

The second booking was because a Sheff Utd player on a yellow did the old yellow card gesture which should be a booking but he obviously went too far in what he said
Colback on 14:46 - Aug 18 with 2618 viewsHayesender

Look at it this way. He doesn't get sent off, Dykes doesn't come on

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Colback on 15:00 - Aug 18 with 2517 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Colback on 10:13 - Aug 18 by BklynRanger

It just seems like ridiculous officiating.

Of course Colback should be careful, and has to carry a certain amount of blame for apparently giving them the opportunity, but two cards like that in such a short period is ludicrous.

Soon after you've got that dickhead Robinson jumping forward towards the ref and mouthing off over Smyth's corner and nothing happens. Just seems inconsistent.

Tbh I think we'd get more out of assuming the referring team acted excessively, and getting behind Colback, than looking to get rid. For one thing Varane clearly isn't ready.
[Post edited 18 Aug 10:14]

That dickhead Robinson was beaten for Jimmy's goal despite having a handful of his shirt so he was already angry haha.
There is no excuse for the Ref letting Robinson advance aggresivly on him ,berate him and not produce a card it eas pathetic from the man in the middle .
Sending off Colback was the linos call the ref was miles away I think.
I suspect the Ref will get low marks from Clive he made the game about himself so much for being invisible.
3 games in and we are still getting beaten from crosses its starting to look like Ainsworth's QPR again we need to sort that out
Colback on 15:44 - Aug 18 with 2364 viewsstevenagehoop

Seems to me more down to an inconsistent referee. Let far more dissent go than that shown by Colback unfortunately standard of refs in the championship pretty poor in my opinion.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Colback on 15:49 - Aug 18 with 2310 viewsderbyhoop

1. For having a go at the ref
2. For still going on. This time at 4th official.

Dickhead.

Suspect the protests may have involved some Anglo-Saxon vocabulary.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Colback on 15:53 - Aug 18 with 2253 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback on 15:49 - Aug 18 by derbyhoop

1. For having a go at the ref
2. For still going on. This time at 4th official.

Dickhead.

Suspect the protests may have involved some Anglo-Saxon vocabulary.

Thanks, Derby.

Are these the official reasons? Presumably the length of his suspension will be determined by the exact offences he's charged with?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colback on 16:02 - Aug 18 with 2153 viewsQPROslo

Colback on 14:46 - Aug 18 by Hayesender

It looked to me like Dykes was coming on anyway.
Colback on 16:02 - Aug 18 with 2136 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Colback on 15:53 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks, Derby.

Are these the official reasons? Presumably the length of his suspension will be determined by the exact offences he's charged with?

Welcome back Brian I hope you had a refreshing break away from the madness that is QPR and LFW.
I was fully expecting a 3 game ban for Colback getting that red but it that only for a straight red / dangerous play and different for 2 yellows for abuse which was stupid we all agree .
Colback on 16:05 - Aug 18 with 2140 viewsNorthernr

Colback on 16:02 - Aug 18 by QPROslo

It looked to me like Dykes was coming on anyway.

You're right he was, that's why the fourth official was out on the touchline. Though, of course, whether it would have been the same switch or not we'll never know.
Colback on 16:08 - Aug 18 with 2100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback on 16:02 - Aug 18 by CLAREMAN1995

Welcome back Brian I hope you had a refreshing break away from the madness that is QPR and LFW.
I was fully expecting a 3 game ban for Colback getting that red but it that only for a straight red / dangerous play and different for 2 yellows for abuse which was stupid we all agree .

Thanks Bannerman.

Back since Monday, so saw the cup game as well. Big improvement in that second half yesterday!

Colback on 16:17 - Aug 18 with 2045 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Colback on 16:08 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Bannerman.

Back since Monday, so saw the cup game as well. Big improvement in that second half yesterday!

Sorry about the All Ireland my friend I uploaded my first sig pic to honour that stunning game it sums up everything about the pride and passion and brutality of hurling .
It was shown live on the BBC for the first time and some english viewer tweeted " holy fcuk that is brutal I can see why they have 2 doctors standing behind eack goal "
Colback on 16:46 - Aug 18 with 1887 viewssevenhoop

Colback on 19:09 - Aug 17 by ted_hendrix

Surely the ref could have used a tiny bit of common sense, no need to have sent him off so quickly, you might argue that Colback could have used a bit more common sense too but they're you go.
I like Colback as a player, he's solid, not perfect but a reliable solid player.

‘Bit of common sense’. We have no idea what he (presumably) said to the 4thr official. If he called him all the c@*nts under the sun, then he will have deserved to go. And he didn’t strike as the sort of ref who either was a homer or desperate to get his book out. Whichever was you look at it, the first was just plain stupid and to then out himself in that position again is utter madenss
Colback on 16:55 - Aug 18 with 1813 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback on 16:17 - Aug 18 by CLAREMAN1995

Sorry about the All Ireland my friend I uploaded my first sig pic to honour that stunning game it sums up everything about the pride and passion and brutality of hurling .
It was shown live on the BBC for the first time and some english viewer tweeted " holy fcuk that is brutal I can see why they have 2 doctors standing behind eack goal "

Congrats again, Bannerman.

Colback on 17:34 - Aug 18 with 1612 viewsDorse

No need to keep going on at the officials IMHO. When has it ever changed their mind or reversed a decision?
'Hmmm, I gave him a straight red for that two-footed, flying leg-scissors around the striker's throat. However, that ginger bloke said I was a blind wnker who couldn't find his arse with both hands. Maybe I should take it back and just go for a yellow to be safe...'

Look, I get it. Question the decision to put foubt in his mind for next time. We do it all the time in cricket ('ooh, close there umpire'... 'Living on his nerves there umps' etc) but don't keep having a pop. It helps no one and gets no love from the ref who is just going to book you. You have to be a weapons-grade fckwit to get cards for it all last season, take a break and then pick up where you left off.

Fuxache. What a penarse.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Colback on 18:24 - Aug 18 with 1365 viewsCiderwithRsie

Colback on 17:34 - Aug 18 by Dorse

No need to keep going on at the officials IMHO. When has it ever changed their mind or reversed a decision?
'Hmmm, I gave him a straight red for that two-footed, flying leg-scissors around the striker's throat. However, that ginger bloke said I was a blind wnker who couldn't find his arse with both hands. Maybe I should take it back and just go for a yellow to be safe...'

Look, I get it. Question the decision to put foubt in his mind for next time. We do it all the time in cricket ('ooh, close there umpire'... 'Living on his nerves there umps' etc) but don't keep having a pop. It helps no one and gets no love from the ref who is just going to book you. You have to be a weapons-grade fckwit to get cards for it all last season, take a break and then pick up where you left off.

Fuxache. What a penarse.

You never change the ref's mind, but if the ref's continually giving niggly little decisions against you, especially while letting the other side get away with it, I do think there's a case for someone - probably the captain - going over and politely remonstrating

Plenty of times in the past we've complained that the team is too nice when the opposition is always in the ref's ear.

Whatever else you say about him, I don't think Colback is "too nice" and I'm quite for that. The rate of yellow cards does slightly suggest that he can't manage it whiteout calling the ref a C**t, maybe we should add a slagging off coach?

(Should have offered that job to dear old Stan back in the day, on the basis of his classic "If I call you a c**t will you send me off? Alright, what if I just think you're a c**t? OK, then, ref, in that case I think you're a c**t").
Colback on 18:35 - Aug 18 with 1288 viewsGaryHaddock

Colback on 17:34 - Aug 18 by Dorse

Fuxache. What a penarse.

I’ve listened to enough podcasts with retired refs now to know that giving them shit only ever hurts your cause.
Colback on 19:08 - Aug 18 with 1165 viewsSuperhoops2808

Colback on 14:46 - Aug 18 by Hayesender

He was coming on anyway, was watching Sky Sports and the reporter said Colback had seen red and commented on the fact that Dykes was STILL going to come on

Well done on Marti for not changing his mind and still going for broke. Deserved to get a draw as a result of that decision
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024