Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mortgage rates 16:04 - Aug 11 with 886 viewsSullutaCreturned

When we moved we took out a longer term fixed rate but for a bit of extra borrowing we took a 5 year fix which is up in 2 months. I was just looking at available deals and I'm grateful that rates came down recently.

The SVR is 8.49% apparently, we were paying 2.69%.it's a hefty jump that.

The question is did I make the right move because interest rates have dropped and may do so again but there was a 10 year fixed rate available that saw our repayments rise by just 24 quid so I took it. The SVR would have seen an ver 80 quid rise.

It's hard to know what todo withthis new government, will they be good for the economy and see rates continue to drop or will things turn rough again?

Mortgage rates on 16:17 - Aug 11 with 862 viewsunion_jack

The thing is you just can’t tell because the ingredients to the interest rate cake are many and global.

If you fix it now at an affordable rate it doesn’t matter. You can afford it and you’ll know your outgoings for the next 10 years. It will come down in real terms of course as salary rises.

In my opinion the right choice.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Mortgage rates on 16:30 - Aug 11 with 853 viewsDr_Winston

Mine is up in October. A fixed deal puts it up by about £30 a month which isn't that bad at the moment, but I am pondering a tracker deal as the possibility remains that they're still likely to fall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mortgage rates on 17:09 - Aug 11 with 816 viewsGVJack

I predict rates will slowly come down over the next 12 months (maybe dropping 0.5% in total) but we won't see anything majority drastic changing either way unless something unforseen happens
Mortgage rates on 18:03 - Aug 11 with 781 viewshowenjack

Inflation has gone up this week . If that continues the interest rates will rise . I haven' t much faith in this govt. If I had a chance to fix, I would probably as more than likely they will rise.
I dont have a mortgage so I am not affected
Mortgage rates on 21:13 - Aug 11 with 704 viewsmax936

Mortgage rates on 18:03 - Aug 11 by howenjack

Inflation has gone up this week . If that continues the interest rates will rise . I haven' t much faith in this govt. If I had a chance to fix, I would probably as more than likely they will rise.
I dont have a mortgage so I am not affected

I checked mine earlier today and I've 18months left on it, but I pay extra so that time will reduce.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mortgage rates on 21:35 - Aug 11 with 679 viewshowenjack

Mortgage rates on 21:13 - Aug 11 by max936

I checked mine earlier today and I've 18months left on it, but I pay extra so that time will reduce.

Good man for every £1 you pay off early you will save about £2,50 interest
Mortgage rates on 22:13 - Aug 11 with 631 viewsmax936

Mortgage rates on 21:35 - Aug 11 by howenjack

Good man for every £1 you pay off early you will save about £2,50 interest

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mortgage rates on 00:21 - Aug 12 with 562 viewsmajorraglan

I believe interest rates will fall by around 1% over the next 12 months. I believe our economy is still quite weak, people are feeling the pinch and some of the predictions about consumer spending have been proved wrong. Instead of the anticipated surge in holiday spending, many of the travel companies and airlines are struggling to move holidays and are discounting prices which suggests public confidence is weak and money is tight.

Car sales is another barometer, sales are up 2.5% on last year, but that’s only because fleet sales are up, purchases by members of the public are down 12% which also support the idea people are tightening their belts, so I can see the BoE releasing the handbrake sooner.
Login to get fewer ads

Mortgage rates on 01:49 - Aug 12 with 513 viewsRobbie

Mortgage rates on 00:21 - Aug 12 by majorraglan

I believe interest rates will fall by around 1% over the next 12 months. I believe our economy is still quite weak, people are feeling the pinch and some of the predictions about consumer spending have been proved wrong. Instead of the anticipated surge in holiday spending, many of the travel companies and airlines are struggling to move holidays and are discounting prices which suggests public confidence is weak and money is tight.

Car sales is another barometer, sales are up 2.5% on last year, but that’s only because fleet sales are up, purchases by members of the public are down 12% which also support the idea people are tightening their belts, so I can see the BoE releasing the handbrake sooner.

Glad to say both my children , one each , have got their foot on the property ladder .
Bank of Dad helps one of them out big time of course .

Talk to younger work colleagues on minimum wage and small weekly contracts , not a hope of getting a mortgage or their own homes sadly , rental for them , no chance of saving .

A decent property for anyone even with needs updating slogans will still be out of reach .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024