Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest number of years as a fan 09:26 - Aug 11 with 5692 viewsnumptydumpty

Guy next to my mate yesterday said the first game he attended was in 1954 and his grandads first game was 1908 !!

A family clearly blessed with a massive amount of tolerance within !!

Wow !!

Any challengers for this title ??

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Longest number of years as a fan on 12:52 - Aug 12 with 1469 viewsPindarus

1967/8 v Rotherham 6-0. Had supported Brentford before that cos it was an easier bus journey.
Longest number of years as a fan on 12:53 - Aug 12 with 1469 viewsdanehoop

Started supporting us when I was around 7 years old as everyone at my school was a Spurs or Chelshit fan so wanted to be different. Increasingly drawn and kept on pushing to go, but my Dad (notionally a Derby fan) was put off taking me to see us after taking my brother (Southampton fan) to see Saints v Chelsea in late 70's and discovering what the knuckle draggers from Bermondsey were actually like. He swore off going to football again and so never got to go with my Dad before he died. Eventually got to my to my first Home game with mates against Wet Spam in 1984, evening game Loftus Road was beautiful under floodlights. 1-1 draw. I was hooked fully at that point.

Never knowingly understood

Longest number of years as a fan on 12:55 - Aug 12 with 1452 viewsDavieQPR

Me 1953 Dad about 1930 Grandad circa 1900s. I'm laid up at the moment having course of injections in me eyeball.
Longest number of years as a fan on 14:42 - Aug 12 with 1345 viewsNed_Kennedys

Longest number of years as a fan on 00:07 - Aug 12 by hamptonhillhoop

God this makes me feel young. January 1978. A 2-1 home win against Norwich. I was seven
[Post edited 12 Aug 12:28]

Looks like a few of us just missed the glory years of the mid 70s: mine was 0-0 v Leeds in April 1978.
Think we needed a point to stay up and Tony Currie hit the bar for them?
Longest number of years as a fan on 14:46 - Aug 12 with 1342 viewsE17hoop

I get my 50th season next year - 75/76. What a season to start...it's been downhill ever since.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Longest number of years as a fan on 14:51 - Aug 12 with 1341 viewsLanhoop

Longest number of years as a fan on 09:14 - Aug 12 by Esox_Lucius

2 possible contenders; vs Spurs where every aisle had fans sat on the steps and the WHU cup game with the Pizanti screamer. ofc there will be an official number lower than the actual figure but the both looked rammed on the day.

Yep, when I started going (around '71) more often than not the bloke on the gate let me climb over for free and I wasn't the only one.
Longest number of years as a fan on 15:07 - Aug 12 with 1285 viewsBoston

Longest number of years as a fan on 12:49 - Aug 12 by cyprusmel

Well, I suppose you would call me an armchair supporter, It's difficult to get to games now from where I live but I have followed Rangers for many years as did my father and grandfather and was a season ticket holder in the Lower Loft.

I have been to about 60 grounds following my team around the country, but yes, I am an armchair supporter now,

I wouldn't arm chair, look at the trouble he got in with a stone!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Longest number of years as a fan on 15:29 - Aug 12 with 1221 viewsQPROslo

Longest number of years as a fan on 14:46 - Aug 12 by E17hoop

I get my 50th season next year - 75/76. What a season to start...it's been downhill ever since.

Same for me. The first game I remember being at clearly was that 1st game of the 75/76 season, 2-0 win over Liverpool with Gerry scoring the first when we played right through their backbone and was voted goal of the season. Leach got the 2nd. I was in the Ellerslie. As you say it's been downhill ever since that season. I have a vague memory of being in the Loft the season before against Leicester possibly, but the game and result were best forgotten.
[Post edited 12 Aug 15:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Longest number of years as a fan on 15:42 - Aug 12 with 1185 viewsStanisgod

First game of 68/69. Picked a good season didnt I

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Longest number of years as a fan on 10:53 - Aug 13 with 1002 viewsthehat

My Dad was going to Rangers from the mid sixties and took me to my first game in 1975 against Stoke - The famous 3 v 2 win and I was hooked from that moment.

I think I will probably see it through now......
Longest number of years as a fan on 11:05 - Aug 13 with 976 viewscharmr

1970 Derby FA Cup, made my Dad take me home because I had a stomachs ache at HT. Sorry Dad.
I was only eight mind.

Rangers, seen great teams and players, met great friends, seen different parts of the country and earned a living in later years in the game due to my love of football.
[Post edited 13 Aug 11:12]
Longest number of years as a fan on 11:36 - Aug 13 with 922 viewscaliforniahoop

Longest number of years as a fan on 11:55 - Aug 13 with 894 viewsstevec

Longest number of years as a fan on 13:05 - Aug 11 by Esox_Lucius

Glory Hunter here; start of the 1966.67 season.

Like this thread, makes you feel quite young!
Longest number of years as a fan on 11:59 - Aug 13 with 875 viewsstan4england

Clearly a glory-hunter. August 27th 1974 versus Leeds, while Brian Clough was boss. Brutal game. Remember Phil Parkes being kicked in the thigh in front of me (School End) and being bandaged.
Longest number of years as a fan on 12:10 - Aug 13 with 837 viewsessextaxiboy

My first game was Burnley at home in 1967 , went to games in the school holidays only until I left in 76 when we bough season tickets in R Block , the Ellerslie was newly built . , gave that up when I got married in 81 and couldn’t afford it until 3 boys later in 2001 , been in F Block since then apart from a year in Loft Upper when money was tight ..
Longest number of years as a fan on 12:25 - Aug 13 with 813 viewsWokingR

I've got a mate who would cream himself over a thread like this.
If you've been to Tenerife, he's the person that has been to Elevenerife!
He would be telling people his first game was around 1070 and he went with a bloke called Harold with one eye from Hastings.
Longest number of years as a fan on 15:19 - Aug 13 with 740 viewsNW5Hoop

First game was autumn 77, when we lost 5-1 to Everton at LR, and Bob Latchford got a hat trick on his way to 30 goals. Can't really get more Rangers than that.
Longest number of years as a fan on 15:38 - Aug 13 with 718 viewsrbee

Longest number of years as a fan on 15:19 - Aug 13 by NW5Hoop

First game was autumn 77, when we lost 5-1 to Everton at LR, and Bob Latchford got a hat trick on his way to 30 goals. Can't really get more Rangers than that.

I had forgotton about that one. I did sit in the Ellerslie the season before and watch Everton demolish us 0-4 on the first day of the season. Watching the highlights of that I don't remember the thin hooped shirts either. My first game was Hull City at home in 1969.

Longest number of years as a fan on 15:44 - Aug 13 with 695 viewsMyke

I'm only a pup comp9ared to some of the longevity ont here! Got hooked by THAT game against Derby 75/76. Previously supported Leicester but ditched them as Rangers were clearly going to win loads more trophies
Longest number of years as a fan on 15:56 - Aug 13 with 652 viewsSonofpugwash

Longest number of years as a fan on 14:01 - Aug 11 by Sonofpugwash

Me,1963 White City.
My grandad 1884.

Family rumour has it that grandpa played for St.Judes,I there any record of players of that era available?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Longest number of years as a fan on 20:16 - Aug 14 with 437 viewsDylanP

So, it turns out that I am a relatively new fan. Who knew?

My first game was in the Spring of 1973. We beat Spurs 3-1, with Stan scoring twice and I was hooked.

50 years of misery and disappointment later, still hooked.

URRRRRRRRRRsss!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024