Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12.30pm Saturday kick off. 09:17 - Aug 11 with 1420 viewsnumptydumpty

Madness

Affected the atmosphere

For a regular home fan - only a few away each season - too early to travel in - like half the attendance half asleep still.

The atmosphere less lively.

Although the players professional- must affect their performances also.

If 70% of weekend fixtures are played at this time now, fans will vote with their feet.

As I understand it, SKY have this deal for two years currently - could be wrong !!

Will supporters be able to change this, if it is universally disliked ??

I personally hope so !!

What do others think about this, what will happen as a result ??
[Post edited 11 Aug 9:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 09:27 - Aug 11 with 1324 viewscolinallcars

Sky of course have little but contempt for the fans.
The clubs have sold their loyal fans down the river.
The TV money was of course too high to reject but as we all know, extra money coming in goes straight to the pockets of players and agents.
I hated yesterday. Still, only two months 'til the first Saturday game…
12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 09:41 - Aug 11 with 1249 viewsconnell10

12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 09:27 - Aug 11 by colinallcars

Sky of course have little but contempt for the fans.
The clubs have sold their loyal fans down the river.
The TV money was of course too high to reject but as we all know, extra money coming in goes straight to the pockets of players and agents.
I hated yesterday. Still, only two months 'til the first Saturday game…

True mate , we won't get nothing out of this deal. The 1230 kick off has to go.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 1225 viewsHoopstar

Was pretty muted in the ground.

As a non-drinker can't say I dislike there being less already hammered blokes around me - and going out for a pre-game brunch was a novelty.

Not a fan overall though, even if it did let me get back in time to watch the cricket at my local club.
12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 10:12 - Aug 11 with 1155 viewsslmrstid

I must admit from a selfish perspective the 12.30s work quite well for me for travelling from Leicester, allows me to be home earlier and feels like I have more day to play with after.

That said I don't have kids, where Saturday morning hobbies would interfere with travel to getting to the game so I understand why those who are clobbered by that would be irritated.

Its the 5.30s I really dread as I end up not getting home til about 10pm on a Saturday which is a right ballache.

I thought the atmosphere was alright yesterday actually but I think it was probably first game boisterousness as much as anything.
12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 10:48 - Aug 11 with 1047 views222gers

Of course the 12.30 leaves one in a disadvantaged position if one got really blutered the night before.
12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 11:34 - Aug 11 with 931 viewsBlackCrowe

There's nothing to like about it. The publicans must hate it. Went to the pub beforehand yesterday, less than half full when usually packed and i could only face a soft drink at 11am. They should be laying on proper old skool fry ups.

Post-match most just want to get him i think. Noone wins.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 11:39 - Aug 11 with 906 viewsWatford_Ranger

Thought relative to other 12:30s it was good yesterday but being the first game and going ahead helps. The thought of going to Blackburn yet again for a 3pm is bad enough but they can stick it for a 12:30.
12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 12:46 - Aug 11 with 761 viewslosethedrum

Agree with the sentiment of the thread , however it is not 70% of saturday fixtures kicking off at this time , next sat there are 3 kicking off at 12.30 & 7 games at 3pm so it will be 30% at silly o clock only .
Our next 2 sat fixtures are 12.30 but then we dont have another 12.30 home game until next year .
Login to get fewer ads

12.30pm Saturday kick off. on 13:06 - Aug 11 with 696 viewspaulparker

It’s sh1t and always has been Sh1t
No atmosphere , not enough time for a beer , the players look half asleep
Unless it’s an old firm game no football game should ever kick off at 12.30
This is going to turn people away if it continues I for one won’t go
Ona side note I hope SKY go bust just for that annoying advert with fake fans singing love lift us up
It represents all I hate with the modern game
Rant over

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024