Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... 15:17 - Aug 9 with 1089 viewstheloneranger

"It is now 13 months since City Academy graduate Josh Key left St James Park and joined Championship side Swansea City - with Grecians still unclear how much cash they will get."

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-slam-disgrace

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 1008 viewsWhiterockin

Anyone any idea why it has taken so long?
Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 16:03 - Aug 9 with 986 viewsAnotherJohn

Not great. I don't know how much blame falls on us as opposed to the tribunal, but undoubtedly we tried to get Key on the cheap. As we have been skint in the lower leagues ourselves in the past. I can see why Exeter are unhappy about this.
Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 16:59 - Aug 9 with 893 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 16:03 - Aug 9 by AnotherJohn

Not great. I don't know how much blame falls on us as opposed to the tribunal, but undoubtedly we tried to get Key on the cheap. As we have been skint in the lower leagues ourselves in the past. I can see why Exeter are unhappy about this.

Nothing to do with us. We just signed an out of contract player.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 18:19 - Aug 9 with 812 viewsAnotherJohn

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 16:59 - Aug 9 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Nothing to do with us. We just signed an out of contract player.

If it were that simple this wouldn't have gone to a tribunal.
Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 804 viewsraynor94

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 18:19 - Aug 9 by AnotherJohn

Reading that article, it's the fault of the tribunal they haven't had their money

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 18:28 - Aug 9 with 768 viewsWhiterockin

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 18:25 - Aug 9 by raynor94

Reading that article, it's the fault of the tribunal they haven't had their money

We can't pay a fee if nobody knows what it is. Possibly Exeter should have been pushing harder, but who knows where the problem lies.
Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 19:45 - Aug 9 with 689 viewsKeithHaynes

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 18:19 - Aug 9 by AnotherJohn

It has mate.
That’s where the issue is, we don’t accept the findings.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:26 - Aug 9 with 583 views3swan

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 19:45 - Aug 9 by KeithHaynes

It has mate.

I thought the findings were binding on both clubs with no appeal.
Login to get fewer ads

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:29 - Aug 9 with 572 viewsAnotherJohn

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 19:45 - Aug 9 by KeithHaynes

It has mate.

I bow to your superior expertise Keith, and I may well have misunderstood. However, my understanding is as follows. Josh Key was a player aged under 24 who had been developed by Exeter City and was offered a new contact there that met the requirements of Football League rule 64.3, but declined to sign in order to move to Swansea City. This meant that under the rules compensation was due. In the majority of such cases the clubs negotiate and agree a fee. In this instance Swansea offered much less than Exeter expected, given that Key was a highly rated player. Exeter described the offer as "miserly", and accordingly the case went to a tribunal. My point is that we could well have afforded to offer that bit more and avoided the bad feeling, which I don't think will look good to other small clubs from whom we may seek to recruit players they have brought through their academies. It may be that the more recent fault lies with the tribunal. However, you seem to be saying that the problem is that we don't accept the findings. I imagine that this is a sensitive subject, but can you give us a hint as to whether this is still over price?
Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:43 - Aug 9 with 533 viewsKeithHaynes

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:29 - Aug 9 by AnotherJohn

I bow to your superior expertise Keith, and I may well have misunderstood. However, my understanding is as follows. Josh Key was a player aged under 24 who had been developed by Exeter City and was offered a new contact there that met the requirements of Football League rule 64.3, but declined to sign in order to move to Swansea City. This meant that under the rules compensation was due. In the majority of such cases the clubs negotiate and agree a fee. In this instance Swansea offered much less than Exeter expected, given that Key was a highly rated player. Exeter described the offer as "miserly", and accordingly the case went to a tribunal. My point is that we could well have afforded to offer that bit more and avoided the bad feeling, which I don't think will look good to other small clubs from whom we may seek to recruit players they have brought through their academies. It may be that the more recent fault lies with the tribunal. However, you seem to be saying that the problem is that we don't accept the findings. I imagine that this is a sensitive subject, but can you give us a hint as to whether this is still over price?

I’m not challenging you mate, I’m stating that the hold up is Swansea City as they either don’t have to pay until a certain time or they are challenging the decision, which despite Exeter’s statement they do know as do Swansea. Otherwise they would have paid it.

I think your knowledge on the subject is spot on btw.

You know what we are like as a club regards money.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:48 - Aug 9 with 495 viewsAnotherJohn

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:43 - Aug 9 by KeithHaynes

I’m not challenging you mate, I’m stating that the hold up is Swansea City as they either don’t have to pay until a certain time or they are challenging the decision, which despite Exeter’s statement they do know as do Swansea. Otherwise they would have paid it.

I think your knowledge on the subject is spot on btw.

You know what we are like as a club regards money.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks.
Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 482 viewsKeithHaynes

Exeter City slam 'disgraceful' tribunal system ... on 21:48 - Aug 9 by AnotherJohn

Thanks.

Just my opinion btw, and it’s been that way for a while.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024