Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? 16:07 - Aug 8 with 788 viewsReslovenSwan1

Coal mine = create wealth jobs and money.

Museum = gobbles up cash and closes within 5 years due to a lack of ongoing funding.

I love John Charles s history but no interest in seeing his shirt.

Welsh prospects are miles behind Denmark Croatia and Iceland . Swansea underage games were postponed from a mild freeze.
Funding something as useless as this is not my cup of tea.

https://nation.cymru/sport/national-football-museum-for-wales-receives-major-fun

Wise sage since Toshack era

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 717 viewsSullutaCreturned

Coal mines are yesterdays job craetion, they are history. In the UK anyway. Our eco crazy governments are too busy spending fortunes on sustainability that to many doesn't really seem sustainable.
Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 14:10 - Aug 9 with 639 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Yet today at 1pm the UK wash generating a record amount of electricity from wind and solar, 26GW 80% of the UK energy needs. The UK was generating 109.1% of its needs with gas 8%. Our excess electricity was exported to France, Norway and Ireland. The wholesale price has been at or below £0 per KW since 430am.

Doubt we will see the retail price drop

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 18:14 - Aug 9 with 604 viewsSullutaCreturned

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 14:10 - Aug 9 by felixstowe_jack

Yet today at 1pm the UK wash generating a record amount of electricity from wind and solar, 26GW 80% of the UK energy needs. The UK was generating 109.1% of its needs with gas 8%. Our excess electricity was exported to France, Norway and Ireland. The wholesale price has been at or below £0 per KW since 430am.

Doubt we will see the retail price drop

"at or below zero"? So the wholesalers have been giving it away or paying somebody to take it? No, I thought not.

When I say not sustainable it's because of th massive subsidies given to wind farms that force the retail price up to really expensive levels.

When I say not sustainable I mean how is it eco friendly to chop down thousands of trees (maybe millions) to erect wind and solar farms?

When I say not sustainable I wonder other things like where are all the "eco taxes" going? How does the national grid cope with the expected surge in electricity, where is the infrastructure, hw much more are we ALL going to have to pay for a future that will not see pollution levels (CO2 levels) drop unless or until China, India, Russia and the USA make massive changes.
I say not sustainable because despite all we apparently do, CO2 emissions worldwide are still rising,

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map

So just what is the effing point in us being forced to spend a lot of our income on things that are clearly not working?
Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:01 - Aug 9 with 574 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 18:14 - Aug 9 by SullutaCreturned

"at or below zero"? So the wholesalers have been giving it away or paying somebody to take it? No, I thought not.

When I say not sustainable it's because of th massive subsidies given to wind farms that force the retail price up to really expensive levels.

When I say not sustainable I mean how is it eco friendly to chop down thousands of trees (maybe millions) to erect wind and solar farms?

When I say not sustainable I wonder other things like where are all the "eco taxes" going? How does the national grid cope with the expected surge in electricity, where is the infrastructure, hw much more are we ALL going to have to pay for a future that will not see pollution levels (CO2 levels) drop unless or until China, India, Russia and the USA make massive changes.
I say not sustainable because despite all we apparently do, CO2 emissions worldwide are still rising,

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map

So just what is the effing point in us being forced to spend a lot of our income on things that are clearly not working?

Uk produces expensive but clean energy and the price is coming down as numbers a increase. No mine no deaths no oil rigs no pipes no leaking pipes. The most subsidised energy is nuclear. The actual cost s are unknown . In the UK the final destination of wastes is a 'can that is continually kicked down the road'.

There was a layer of 8m of hydrocarbon fluids floating on the water table when Llandarcy shut down a couple of decades ago. Leakages are not rare.

The trees chopped down are mostly commercial forest and they were trees always destined to be turned into planks Most will be replanted. Loss of peat lands ad migrating birds is a more pressing concern.

Energy should be expensive. When it is expensive people are more careful to save.

My coal mine comment was to make a point about Museums. Museums are a waste and need constant funding as they do not pay their way. It is better to invest in training and training ground and undersoil heating so young welsh footballers can play in February and no make wasted journey, Iceland had a much better plan and no museum.

Politician got cash for football and due to complete lack of imagination came up with a museum. £5m.

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:05 - Aug 9 with 564 viewsonehunglow

Millions visit Wales
What do they do on a rainy day when beaches are not really a place to be .
Museums are where people go.
Up here ,Liveroool is full of museums and are very much visited .
People come here to view them
It rains up here less than in south west Wales

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:11 - Aug 9 with 552 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:05 - Aug 9 by onehunglow

Millions visit Wales

Football does not need museums.

Welsh footballers are usually technically weaker than their continental rival due to poor technical coaching. I watched an u19 Wales game hammered 3-0 by a technically better Montenegro. Ben Lloyd and Dan Watts featuring.

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:11 - Aug 9 with 552 viewsWhiterockin

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:05 - Aug 9 by onehunglow

Millions visit Wales

I would rather money was spent on museums, art galleries and the arts than an airport classed as sub standard again this week.
Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:31 - Aug 9 with 520 viewsSullutaCreturned

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:01 - Aug 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Uk produces expensive but clean energy and the price is coming down as numbers a increase. No mine no deaths no oil rigs no pipes no leaking pipes. The most subsidised energy is nuclear. The actual cost s are unknown . In the UK the final destination of wastes is a 'can that is continually kicked down the road'.

There was a layer of 8m of hydrocarbon fluids floating on the water table when Llandarcy shut down a couple of decades ago. Leakages are not rare.

The trees chopped down are mostly commercial forest and they were trees always destined to be turned into planks Most will be replanted. Loss of peat lands ad migrating birds is a more pressing concern.

Energy should be expensive. When it is expensive people are more careful to save.

My coal mine comment was to make a point about Museums. Museums are a waste and need constant funding as they do not pay their way. It is better to invest in training and training ground and undersoil heating so young welsh footballers can play in February and no make wasted journey, Iceland had a much better plan and no museum.

Politician got cash for football and due to complete lack of imagination came up with a museum. £5m.

https://www.dbsne.com/post/energy-price-forecasts-and-the-energy-industry-in-202

From that,

However, industry analysts suggest a trend towards gradual increases in price caps, influenced by factors like rising production costs, investment in sustainable energy sources, and global economic trends. This rise could impact both consumers and businesses

Those commercial trees, they would have been harvested then more planted, you cannot replant on land that has wind turbines or a solar farm.
When energy is expensive how do poor people heat their homes in bad winters?

Museums do not pay their way so are unwanted so what about a loss making airport?

As of July 31st offshore wind is the most subsidised energy source,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-breaking-funding-for-clean-energy-in-b
Login to get fewer ads

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 16:46 - Aug 10 with 437 viewsonehunglow

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:11 - Aug 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Football does not need museums.

Welsh footballers are usually technically weaker than their continental rival due to poor technical coaching. I watched an u19 Wales game hammered 3-0 by a technically better Montenegro. Ben Lloyd and Dan Watts featuring.

Why not a Rugby/ Football museum.
Swansea has a proud history

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 415 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales is a Museum, Drakeford & the Senedd have seen to that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 22:45 - Aug 11 with 228 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 17:54 - Aug 10 by Flashberryjack

Wales is a Museum, Drakeford & the Senedd have seen to that.

It is the job of Welsh citizens to remove below standard performers.

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 22:47 - Aug 11 with 223 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spare cash -Another Museum is what we want? on 20:11 - Aug 9 by Whiterockin

I would rather money was spent on museums, art galleries and the arts than an airport classed as sub standard again this week.

I visit the airport 2-3 times a year. Museums and art galleries zero. The airport supports thousands of support jobs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024