Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday 3.00pm live games 07:59 - Aug 8 with 1386 viewsterryb

My apologies if I should have added this to an existing thread.

It appears that Sky are showing all of the EFL League 2 games live this Saturday at 3.00pm, so the decision that The Championship are all 12.30 on Saturday is an agreement between the EFL & Sky, rather than the historic ban. My question is whether the embargo is still in place, or if it only applies to Premier League games?

I doubt that showing these matches will have any effect on attendances outside the EFL, but I'm fairly sure that Championship games wouldn't either.
Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:08 - Aug 8 with 1324 viewsNorthernr

They've applied for, and received, special dispensation to do it. Think the same thing happened last day of last season.
Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:20 - Aug 8 with 1270 viewsterryb

Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:08 - Aug 8 by Northernr

They've applied for, and received, special dispensation to do it. Think the same thing happened last day of last season.

Cheers Clive.

I think you're right about the last day of last season & they definitely showed a play off semi final at 3.00pm on a Saturday.
Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:35 - Aug 8 with 1218 viewsNorthernr

Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:20 - Aug 8 by terryb

Cheers Clive.

I think you're right about the last day of last season & they definitely showed a play off semi final at 3.00pm on a Saturday.

They showed Colchester v somebody at 3pm on the last Saturday of the season to my recollection.
Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:39 - Aug 8 with 1209 viewsGaryBannister86

Does anyone know if the 3pm ban was permanently revoked, would that mean Sky would move fewer games from 3pm? Or do they just like the 1230 and bizarre kick off times?

I see we are not really near a sell out for Saturday. I am sure holidays have a lot to do with it but also I bet the 1230 has an impact too.
Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:41 - Aug 8 with 1202 viewsHayesender

Oh no! Gutted I'm not gonna get home in time to see Salford v Port Vale

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Saturday 3.00pm live games on 10:23 - Aug 8 with 1010 viewsted_hendrix

Apparently when your watching a game on your 950 inch flat screen smart televisual thingamabob from the comfort of your electric reclining sofa you can now hold the red and green button together on your Sky remote at the same time and the referee will turn into an insane gibbon and the linesmen/lineswoman will turn into extremely naughty chimps for 12 seconds.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saturday 3.00pm live games on 15:38 - Aug 8 with 730 viewssaxbend

Looking at the fixtures, we have a 3pm Saturday game against Leeds before Christmas. How is that possible?
Saturday 3.00pm live games on 15:41 - Aug 8 with 717 viewsSuperhoop83

Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:41 - Aug 8 by Hayesender

Oh no! Gutted I'm not gonna get home in time to see Salford v Port Vale

You think that's bad?

I'm going to miss Doncaster v Accrington Stanley.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday 3.00pm live games on 15:59 - Aug 8 with 680 viewsdaveB

Saturday 3.00pm live games on 08:39 - Aug 8 by GaryBannister86

Does anyone know if the 3pm ban was permanently revoked, would that mean Sky would move fewer games from 3pm? Or do they just like the 1230 and bizarre kick off times?

I see we are not really near a sell out for Saturday. I am sure holidays have a lot to do with it but also I bet the 1230 has an impact too.

As long as the EFL and Premier League let them dictate when the games are played they will continue to move them to times that suit them

The whole thing lays with the authorities. Some of the biggest club games in the world are in the champions league but Sky or BT etc can't say can you put Real Madrid v Bayern Munich on a Friday at 8pm, UEFA tell them this is when the game kicks off whether you like it or not. The Premier League or EFL could do the same but don't want to so whether that 3pm ban goes or not nothing will change
Saturday 3.00pm live games on 17:30 - Aug 8 with 558 viewsMonkey_Roots

Nevermind
[Post edited 8 Aug 18:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024