Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket resale 13:24 - Aug 7 with 3875 viewsE17hoop

This is a great idea and much needed, especially with the random kick off times from now on:
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/august/07/new-season-ticket-resale-platform-laun

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Season Ticket resale on 13:28 - Aug 7 with 3270 viewsLongsufferingR

Except you can't list at a reduced price like you could with the old Twickets arrangement. Unless the game is completely sold out, you're stuck with no sale and even if you do sell, you're giving up 25% of the price now instead of 10%.
Season Ticket resale on 13:38 - Aug 7 with 3225 viewsE17hoop

Did Twickets sell ST seats? If so, it's not so great.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Season Ticket resale on 13:44 - Aug 7 with 3190 viewsLongsufferingR

Season Ticket resale on 13:38 - Aug 7 by E17hoop

Yes, they also did Crystal Palace and Bournemouth before the clubs realised they could make more money doing it another way! As usual it's the fans who lose out.
Season Ticket resale on 14:15 - Aug 7 with 3015 viewssaxbend

Season Ticket resale on 13:28 - Aug 7 by LongsufferingR

Except you can't list at a reduced price like you could with the old Twickets arrangement. Unless the game is completely sold out, you're stuck with no sale and even if you do sell, you're giving up 25% of the price now instead of 10%.

I would hope that your seat would be indistinguishable from others available in the same section, so while you couldn't offer a discount to ensure that it goes first, it would have as much chance as any other. What this at least means is that seats cannot be marked up to prices that only Leeds fans would be willing to pay, just to sit among us and cause trouble. Also I suspect Ticketmaster will take a big chunk of the 25% rather than let the club have it. Still, I hope that the few home games I miss early in the season will pay for one or two of my away trips later on.
[Post edited 7 Aug 14:21]
Season Ticket resale on 14:18 - Aug 7 with 3005 views1MoreBrightonR

in some ways its better, some ways its worse. I think you're basically putting them back in to the ticketmaster/club database, so you have much more chance of selling them than via twickets, which in reality, not many people knew about, and at 25% less than the match day price, thats a decent amount for the season ticket holder.

The negative...giving anything to ticketmaster is a negative.
Season Ticket resale on 14:22 - Aug 7 with 2965 viewsbusheyranger

Just listed mine as I’m working away this weekend. Upper Loft, would get £28 back if it sells. Better than the £0 I would have got but can’t imagine anyone would actually be paying £38 for it!!!

EDIT: was going to add photos but couldn’t. Ticketing website does separate out resale tickets and marks them out on the seat map. Not sure why to be honest, maybe to highlight it’s not a regularly available seat or something?
[Post edited 7 Aug 14:32]
Season Ticket resale on 14:30 - Aug 7 with 2918 viewsmikeyhg

Season Ticket resale on 13:38 - Aug 7 by E17hoop

Yes
Season Ticket resale on 14:47 - Aug 7 with 2842 viewsBlackCrowe

Why couldn't it have stayed with twickets - a great well run site for genuine fans buying and selling at market forces prices (but not over face value).

I hate Ticketbast@rd with a passion.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket resale on 14:55 - Aug 7 with 2801 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Season Ticket resale on 14:47 - Aug 7 by BlackCrowe

Why couldn't it have stayed with twickets - a great well run site for genuine fans buying and selling at market forces prices (but not over face value).

The hatred will explode to a new level when their Dynamic Pricing reaches the UK if it still has not infected your side of the pond.
Season Ticket resale on 14:56 - Aug 7 with 2794 viewsLongsufferingR

Season Ticket resale on 14:55 - Aug 7 by CLAREMAN1995

The hatred will explode to a new level when their Dynamic Pricing reaches the UK if it still has not infected your side of the pond.

Don't worry, it's been here for a while. Funny how the "dynamic" prices never go down though.
Season Ticket resale on 14:57 - Aug 7 with 2792 viewsEastR

Season Ticket resale on 14:22 - Aug 7 by busheyranger

Just listed mine as I’m working away this weekend. Upper Loft, would get £28 back if it sells. Better than the £0 I would have got but can’t imagine anyone would actually be paying £38 for it!!!

EDIT: was going to add photos but couldn’t. Ticketing website does separate out resale tickets and marks them out on the seat map. Not sure why to be honest, maybe to highlight it’s not a regularly available seat or something?
[Post edited 7 Aug 14:32]

Do you know bushey if the funds stay in your club account to only subsequently spend there, or if you are able to transfer the cash out?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Season Ticket resale on 15:07 - Aug 7 with 2749 viewsbusheyranger

Season Ticket resale on 14:57 - Aug 7 by EastR

Do you know bushey if the funds stay in your club account to only subsequently spend there, or if you are able to transfer the cash out?

I believe they go into your account and you can withdraw them
Anytime before May 31st
Season Ticket resale on 17:34 - Aug 7 with 2503 viewsthame_hoops

Twickets is superb.

If I was at a loose end at the weekend, I would look Friday night and always secure a cheaper ticket in the paddocks from regular ST holders selling games they couldn’t make. It’s also seamless, the QR code is emailed to you quite quickly.

I’ve also sold a few tickets to the hundred cricket, discounted ones that I’ve got from Middlesex and it’s a really easy process. i’m paid immediately on PayPal.
Season Ticket resale on 18:31 - Aug 7 with 2414 viewsBlackCrowe

It won't work with Ticketbast@rd, unless there's an option to sell at reduced price. Which there won't be as the club will understandably want to sell unsold tickets at face value. So unless the game is sold out, it won't work. It's a bit cynical from the club tbh.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Season Ticket resale on 18:49 - Aug 7 with 2363 viewskensalriser

Twickets is great. This won't be - there'll be load of unsold tickets for many matches, leaving empty seats that would have been occupied.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Season Ticket resale on 18:55 - Aug 7 with 2337 viewsNorthantsHoop

Season Ticket resale on 14:47 - Aug 7 by BlackCrowe

Agree Twickets is good, sold on there a few times including concert tickets. You can price sensibly and at a discount to sell your seat.
Season Ticket resale on 22:18 - Aug 7 with 2104 viewsthame_hoops

This is greedy by the club, they’ve already sold a ticket, now they’re double dipping
Season Ticket resale on 07:16 - Aug 8 with 1838 viewsstevec

I get my ST at Old Gits rate (hereinafter OG).

Will the club resell it at OG rate or at full price? If full price will I get 25% of that or 25% of OG rate?

If the former I’m thinking of buying up a whole raft of OGST’s and putting them up for sale.
Season Ticket resale on 08:35 - Aug 8 with 1756 viewsTheChef

Season Ticket resale on 22:18 - Aug 7 by thame_hoops

This is greedy by the club, they’ve already sold a ticket, now they’re double dipping

To be fair they're running a business, not a charity.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Season Ticket resale on 10:18 - Aug 8 with 1673 viewsloftboy

Going to put the Plymouth and Hull game on, site is only showing WBA game a available to sell, does that mean we have to wait until they are the next game to be able to make them available?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Season Ticket resale on 10:50 - Aug 8 with 1612 viewsStrawberryHillR

Put my Dad's senior ticket on the site yesterday afternoon as he can't make this weekend, was gone within a couple of hours. They sold it at the Gold full price of £38, we got £28.50 back. The club makes a turn on the ticket and booking fee, ensures another body in the ground to buy inflation-busting Carling, and we get some money back.

You could conceivably sell a senior season ticket at full price for every game and get £655.50 back for an investment of £402.00 and offset the loss of your heating allowance.
[Post edited 8 Aug 10:57]
Season Ticket resale on 11:16 - Aug 8 with 1535 viewsthame_hoops

Season Ticket resale on 10:50 - Aug 8 by StrawberryHillR

Put my Dad's senior ticket on the site yesterday afternoon as he can't make this weekend, was gone within a couple of hours. They sold it at the Gold full price of £38, we got £28.50 back. The club makes a turn on the ticket and booking fee, ensures another body in the ground to buy inflation-busting Carling, and we get some money back.

You could conceivably sell a senior season ticket at full price for every game and get £655.50 back for an investment of £402.00 and offset the loss of your heating allowance.
[Post edited 8 Aug 10:57]

glad its worked out for you, and im sure it will be fine for sought after games. but its the midweek or lesser games that might be harder to sell at Full price. That's why twickets was great, you could pick up a ticket for £15-20 and at least the seller got something back. now they might be left with nobody in the seat.

@thechef yes I know how businesses work, presumably you're happy paying £7.50 for a warm carling then, as it just business and makes money for QPR 😉
[Post edited 8 Aug 13:40]
Season Ticket resale on 11:45 - Aug 8 with 1501 viewsStrawberryHillR

Completely agree, there should be the ability to name your own (lower) price. If you can't make it, Coventry at 8pm on a Tuesday will be tougher to shift without that option. But obviously the club will want to sell a fresh ticket first, allowing season ticket holders to undercut them was always a generous offer.
[Post edited 8 Aug 11:48]
Season Ticket resale on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 1278 viewsThorperanger

Just re-read the Club website, as I read it your accumulated 75%’s remains where it is until the end of the season and before that can only be used to purchase additional home tickets or cup tickets. I have season tickets so probably will not need more individual tickets and we all know how many home cup games we get (and win), not quite as attractive as I first thought.
Season Ticket resale on 17:28 - Aug 8 with 1187 viewsMonkey_Roots

Nevermind
[Post edited 8 Aug 19:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024