Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carl Rushworth - loan 12:40 - Aug 6 with 3050 viewsQJumpingJack

Carl set be loaned out to an unnamed Championship club.

Source: The Athletic.
Carl Rushworth - loan on 12:53 - Aug 6 with 2978 viewsonehunglow

Pray

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:05 - Aug 6 with 2956 viewsdonkonky

Carl Rushworth - loan on 12:53 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Pray

Think it’s Sheff Utd.
Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:07 - Aug 6 with 2951 viewsQJumpingJack

Carl Rushworth - loan on 12:53 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Pray

it will not be Swansea.
Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:08 - Aug 6 with 2941 viewsonehunglow

Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:07 - Aug 6 by QJumpingJack

it will not be Swansea.

Why I say to pray.
The power of the Lord can change lives

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:11 - Aug 6 with 2933 viewsunion_jack

Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:07 - Aug 6 by QJumpingJack

it will not be Swansea.

Very doubtful we now we have Vigoroux.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:14 - Aug 6 with 2921 viewsraynor94

Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:05 - Aug 6 by donkonky

Think it’s Sheff Utd.

Yeah, it's the Blades, have financial clout plus they are one of the favourites to go back up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Carl Rushworth - loan on 14:20 - Aug 6 with 2758 viewsjack247

Shame. We had to move for Vigoroux when we did though.

He’s apparently on a fairly modest wage, so if we had any chance of getting in for Rushworth, it’s got to be worth a shot. He’d improve our side immediately and inspire confidence in the back four.
Carl Rushworth - loan on 14:26 - Aug 6 with 2741 viewsKeithHaynes

He would surely prefer training and developing with the Swans ?

However, Larry will be fine if he stays fit.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Carl Rushworth - loan on 15:25 - Aug 6 with 2612 viewsReslovenSwan1

Is this related to the Fisher rumour ? Rushworth in Vigoureax back up Fisher off.

Surely if it is the Championship Swansea must be in the frame with Margetson the national England coach. Sheffield U might have more cash but might prefere a sweeper keeper like Benda was. This is not the Margetson style from what I understand. His keepers like Woodman stayed in the box. Benda did not hang around when MM came back
[Post edited 6 Aug 15:27]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Carl Rushworth - loan on 17:18 - Aug 6 with 2397 viewsQJumpingJack

Carl Rushworth - loan on 15:25 - Aug 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Is this related to the Fisher rumour ? Rushworth in Vigoureax back up Fisher off.

Surely if it is the Championship Swansea must be in the frame with Margetson the national England coach. Sheffield U might have more cash but might prefere a sweeper keeper like Benda was. This is not the Margetson style from what I understand. His keepers like Woodman stayed in the box. Benda did not hang around when MM came back
[Post edited 6 Aug 15:27]

Gareth Southgate left his England role two days after the Euro 2024 final defeat. It means his backroom staff may or may not stay depending on the next appointment so I am not sure the "England coach" rings true.

Having spoken to a few people who work at Premier League clubs - some clubs hope players with great potential go on loan to clubs which are likely to be competitive. Maybe (just an opinion not fact) Brighton may not feel Swansea will be competitive in the 24/25 season?
Carl Rushworth - loan on 17:29 - Aug 6 with 2348 viewsWhiterockin

Carl Rushworth - loan on 17:18 - Aug 6 by QJumpingJack

Gareth Southgate left his England role two days after the Euro 2024 final defeat. It means his backroom staff may or may not stay depending on the next appointment so I am not sure the "England coach" rings true.

Having spoken to a few people who work at Premier League clubs - some clubs hope players with great potential go on loan to clubs which are likely to be competitive. Maybe (just an opinion not fact) Brighton may not feel Swansea will be competitive in the 24/25 season?

Rushworth and Brighton are more than happy with his development under Martyn Margetson. I would say that carries more weight than whether Margetson is an England coach or not. I see the point about competitve clubs, but I believe that would be more for outfield players than a keeper. Don't undervalue the package we can offer Rushworth and Brighton.
Carl Rushworth - loan on 17:47 - Aug 6 with 2252 viewsReslovenSwan1

Carl Rushworth - loan on 17:18 - Aug 6 by QJumpingJack

Surely with a goal keeper it is better to place him where he is likely to see some action as long as it is with the play out from the back style. Actual crucial saves.

A series of easy 3-0 wins will not necessarily be better for him I would suspect.

Margetson is not highly rated because of his title but his work. Losing his title makes no difference. Brighton keeps coaches will have assessed how Margetson drills his keepers and check if it aligns with their philosophy.

I am no expert but changing philosophies in this position could be more harm than good as this may not be the case with full backs and wing backs for example.

Carl Rushworth - loan on 05:37 - Aug 7 with 1721 viewsSwans9

Players have a big say now running down contracts for a better wage etc. I also think players want to win things so that could sway it in Sheffield United favour.
Carl Rushworth - loan on 13:26 - Aug 8 with 586 viewsReslovenSwan1

So who is the Sheffield utd goal keeper coach? None other than our good Carabao cup mate Matt Duke. He had a real bad day on Swansea great best day getting sent off at Wembley.

He may be a brilliant coach of keepers but is he the level of Marge and his his philosophy the same? I am jo expert but there is a danger I would think of a different philosophy and mixed messaging can ruin a young developing keeper.
[Post edited 8 Aug 13:27]

Carl Rushworth - loan on 14:02 - Aug 8 with 484 viewsWhiterockin

Carl Rushworth - loan on 05:37 - Aug 7 by Swans9

Players have a big say now running down contracts for a better wage etc. I also think players want to win things so that could sway it in Sheffield United favour.

Brighton are going to leave it right until the end of the window, that's if they even do loan out Rushworth, in my opinion because of the injury to Verbruggen. They only have Verbruggen, Steele and Rushworth as their keepers because they have loaned out McGill to MK Dons. If Verbruggen recoverers on time it will be in the last week of the window, will they take a chance or keep Rushworth there until January, who knows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024