Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formula One 20:02 - Jul 28 with 723 viewsNoDiddley

Used to watch it years ago lost interest when the same drivers kept winning.
Now it seems results are sporadic.
Today a driver got disqualified because his car was too light?
Poke it
Formula One on 20:13 - Jul 28 with 673 viewsQPR_Jim

This season has widened out to 4 teams having cars capable of winning with Red Bull having the edge initially and McLaren having a slight edge on pace recently. 7 different race winners this year (every driver with a good car except Perez) so it is a bit more interesting than some of the recent Red Bull/Mercedes dominated years.

Feel a bit sorry for George Russell today, he did a long stint on his tyres so think the lack of rubber is what caused him to be under weight. Normally they do a full lap back to the pits after the finish picking up rubber marbles to offset the tyre wear but spa is such a long track they go into the pit exit, so he didn't get to do that this race.
Formula One on 20:18 - Jul 28 with 639 viewsSheffieldHoop

Formula One on 20:13 - Jul 28 by QPR_Jim

This season has widened out to 4 teams having cars capable of winning with Red Bull having the edge initially and McLaren having a slight edge on pace recently. 7 different race winners this year (every driver with a good car except Perez) so it is a bit more interesting than some of the recent Red Bull/Mercedes dominated years.

Feel a bit sorry for George Russell today, he did a long stint on his tyres so think the lack of rubber is what caused him to be under weight. Normally they do a full lap back to the pits after the finish picking up rubber marbles to offset the tyre wear but spa is such a long track they go into the pit exit, so he didn't get to do that this race.

What did you make of Lando giving up his win last week? The F1 heads all say it was the right thing to do, but I dunno, I feel like Piastri should've been asked to at least get the gap down a bit first. Even if they'd pitted the other way around, could Lando not have still won it?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Formula One on 20:23 - Jul 28 with 620 viewsSuperhoops2808

Excellent race today and in truth Lewis deserved that more but shame the way it has been decided

The last half dozen races have made F1 very exciting and enjoyable again after MaxiTaxi has lost his huge advantage.
Formula One on 20:28 - Jul 28 with 605 viewsQPR_Jim

Formula One on 20:18 - Jul 28 by SheffieldHoop

What did you make of Lando giving up his win last week? The F1 heads all say it was the right thing to do, but I dunno, I feel like Piastri should've been asked to at least get the gap down a bit first. Even if they'd pitted the other way around, could Lando not have still won it?

Yeah, I agree although not I'm sure what McLaren agreed pre-race with the drivers. Personally I don't think he needed to give it back if Oscar couldn't catch him as he could have been pitted behind Oscar and done it on pace in the last stint based on what happened. But because the team essentially decided to undercut based on a risk behind that was never likely to materialise, Norris then had his options for winning it on track removed from him. Think McLaren did it deliberately to avoid any wheel to wheel racing as Norris seemed to have the edge on pace all weekend up to the race.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024