Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy to Let on the Wane 16:16 - Jul 24 with 870 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The number of private landlords selling up is increasing and fewer are joining the market, shrinking the private sector rental stock.
So the consequences of making if difficult for both good and bad landlords is a reduction in rental properties which are being sold into private ownership reducing the stock and pushing up rents, making it difficult for more people who can not buy.
All landlords are bar stewards is part of the populist narrative and is now making things difficult for those who need to rent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/article/2024/jul/22/numbe
[Post edited 24 Jul 16:22]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:27 - Jul 24 with 845 viewsonehunglow

And property is is a good investment for old age
I was tempted but didn’t

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:37 - Jul 24 with 841 viewsDr_Winston

It's a combination between Governments making it more and more difficult for landlords of all types to actually manage their properties, and a vast increase in the numbers of absolutely shitty tenants.

I was considering letting my place out when Mrs. Winston and I finally shack up, but now I'm more likely to sell and just bank the proceeds. I'll be happier earning 3-4% interest than maybe seven with potentially huge expenses repairing the place or covering unpaid rent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:43 - Jul 24 with 828 viewsSullutaCreturned

Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:37 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

It's a combination between Governments making it more and more difficult for landlords of all types to actually manage their properties, and a vast increase in the numbers of absolutely shitty tenants.

I was considering letting my place out when Mrs. Winston and I finally shack up, but now I'm more likely to sell and just bank the proceeds. I'll be happier earning 3-4% interest than maybe seven with potentially huge expenses repairing the place or covering unpaid rent.

I was talking to a fella who owned a house on Vivian road in Sketty. His tenants had to move out but smashed the place u before they left. They were students though and their parents had stood surety so had to pay up or go to court.

On the other hand, take a walk around Sandfields PT and look at the state of many blocks of flats.
Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:51 - Jul 24 with 822 viewsDr_Winston

Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:43 - Jul 24 by SullutaCreturned

I was talking to a fella who owned a house on Vivian road in Sketty. His tenants had to move out but smashed the place u before they left. They were students though and their parents had stood surety so had to pay up or go to court.

On the other hand, take a walk around Sandfields PT and look at the state of many blocks of flats.

Heard of a place in Clase that was let out. From day one the rent wasn't paid. Eventually when the L/L reclaimed possession they found that there wasn't a molecule of copper left in the place. Wiring, piping, the lot. All stripped out.

Some people are just locusts on society. There should be a blacklist and anyone on it should lose any entitlement to housing. Social, Private, anything.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Buy to Let on the Wane on 17:41 - Jul 24 with 667 viewsonehunglow

Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:51 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

Heard of a place in Clase that was let out. From day one the rent wasn't paid. Eventually when the L/L reclaimed possession they found that there wasn't a molecule of copper left in the place. Wiring, piping, the lot. All stripped out.

Some people are just locusts on society. There should be a blacklist and anyone on it should lose any entitlement to housing. Social, Private, anything.

J
I can relate to you of my going to Abstracting Electricity jobs where renters have literally out lives at risk
I was working in Liverpool 8 when a gas explosion killed .
Meter by passed

I was told to pay the most you can for. Nice three bed semi on a decent estate and get a 2+ 2 family into it and that would be a great investment .
Put shite on and you can expect pain and expense

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Buy to Let on the Wane on 18:10 - Jul 24 with 639 viewscontroversial_jack

Buy to Let on the Wane on 16:27 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

And property is is a good investment for old age
I was tempted but didn’t

I did. i bought property., paid cash, no mortgages.It's for the kids after my days. but I am getting some income from it. It's not really worth the hassle though. Regulations, tax, insurance, repairs and so on
Buy to Let on the Wane on 19:21 - Jul 24 with 596 viewsmajorraglan

It’s not surprising tbh, landlords have lost the tax perks, while interest rates have shot up, there’s been an increase in red tape, restrictions on evictions all the while the number of scummy tenants out has increased significantly.

My uncle has 6 or 7 buy to lets including 3 student houses and he’s never had a problem. My cousin has 3 buy to lets, he rents his out to DSS types via an agency, they get busted up a bit but he gets his coin and he’s not bothered about spending money - his view is the tenants get what they deserve.

There’s going to be major ructions about housing going forward, all governments want to raise the standard of the property for rent (which is fair enough) but they have to be fair with the landlords. No landlords equals no property for rent.
Buy to Let on the Wane on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 575 viewsDr_Winston

The other thing that is happening is that as private landlords leave the sector, banks and other corporations are stepping into it. Lloyds Bank is making big steps in becoming a major property manager, both new build and existing stock.

Not going to be easy for first time buyers and renters to outbid a bank, or explain to one why they need an extra couple of weeks to come up with this months rent.

Login to get fewer ads

Buy to Let on the Wane on 22:36 - Jul 24 with 492 viewsbuilthjack

There has been too many landlords charging top whack and doing absolute minimum, if any, repairs.
Lots of good landlords too, who get a bad name because of the bad ones.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Buy to Let on the Wane on 02:07 - Jul 25 with 446 viewsOhyeah

Landlords need to register with that Rent smart Wales & pay for it and pay to do these online courses on a continuous basis to keep your license & this has been in operation for years since November 2015 ....
Every landlord in Wales are only allowed to rent properties out if they have this Rent smart Wales license ( unless you use a letting agency)
This means you have to have an up to date EICR, Gas, fire/smoke alarms, EPC certificates etc before you can even rent a property out..
You can then you have problems getting tenants out of your property, its truly full of pit falls /lots of different forms (RW's) to use and in the correct sequence or you have to start the process again.
For example if you gave someone a tenancy tomorrow you would have to wait 6 months & a couple of days until you could issue a 6 months termination notice & then you have 2 months to take legal action to get them out..
To be fair here it has speeded up the process if your tenant is not paying the rent or are behaving in an anti social behaviour way..
So its no wonder landlords are selling up its really become a bureaucratic nightmare..
And remember lots of these properties are becoming AIRBNB's especially in the touristy type areas where it is far more lucrative...
[Post edited 25 Jul 2:47]
Buy to Let on the Wane on 09:50 - Jul 25 with 357 viewscontroversial_jack

Buy to Let on the Wane on 02:07 - Jul 25 by Ohyeah

Landlords need to register with that Rent smart Wales & pay for it and pay to do these online courses on a continuous basis to keep your license & this has been in operation for years since November 2015 ....
Every landlord in Wales are only allowed to rent properties out if they have this Rent smart Wales license ( unless you use a letting agency)
This means you have to have an up to date EICR, Gas, fire/smoke alarms, EPC certificates etc before you can even rent a property out..
You can then you have problems getting tenants out of your property, its truly full of pit falls /lots of different forms (RW's) to use and in the correct sequence or you have to start the process again.
For example if you gave someone a tenancy tomorrow you would have to wait 6 months & a couple of days until you could issue a 6 months termination notice & then you have 2 months to take legal action to get them out..
To be fair here it has speeded up the process if your tenant is not paying the rent or are behaving in an anti social behaviour way..
So its no wonder landlords are selling up its really become a bureaucratic nightmare..
And remember lots of these properties are becoming AIRBNB's especially in the touristy type areas where it is far more lucrative...
[Post edited 25 Jul 2:47]

Rent smart Wales is a pain. Nothing against regs, but they are so slow and it's not cheap.I hate doing their courses too

I rent out 2 properties for £550 per month each. They both have young families, and I do not have the heart to increase the rent, although I should. Not virtue signalling, but I feel i'm doing my bit to help families
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024