Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre Season Games 15:49 - Jul 13 with 4768 viewsblackdogblue

3-0 down at Warrington Town after 35muns… WTF 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Pre Season Games on 16:00 - Jul 13 with 4667 viewsDaleFan7

3 trialists and plenty of new guys, doesn't look like they've gelled quiet yet
Pre Season Games on 16:05 - Jul 13 with 4624 viewsCedar_Room

Awful stuff first half. Defence in particular has been well off it. Number 23 whoever he is has been absolutely done for pace on several occasions. Their number 9 has him well beat. Think it’s going to be a complete change of 11 for the second half. Don’t think they can do much worse.
Pre Season Games on 16:47 - Jul 13 with 4416 viewsEllDale

Any clues as to who the trialists are? Especially the goalkeepers?
Pre Season Games on 17:16 - Jul 13 with 4243 viewsCedar_Room

second half was better. Mitchell is more of a threat up front. But we again didn’t create many chances. There was a ton of crosses which I don’t think found a single target(?). All pretty aimless. We’ll need to be much better than that.
Pre Season Games on 17:30 - Jul 13 with 4141 viewskel

Some of the reaction on here and elsewhere to what is basically a kick about is laughable.

I remember that fantastic season we had after beating Radcliffe 9-0 in a pre season friendly…
Pre Season Games on 19:39 - Jul 13 with 3697 views49thseason

Pre Season Games on 17:30 - Jul 13 by kel

Some of the reaction on here and elsewhere to what is basically a kick about is laughable.

I remember that fantastic season we had after beating Radcliffe 9-0 in a pre season friendly…

Exactly 4 weeks to the 1st day of the season. We still need a few more bodies through the door and minutes on the pitch to fix the tactics into the minds of the players and establish routines and partnerships
Clearly we need a keeper, possibly 2 and a couple more defenders, maybe another striker. It looks as if a couple of the kids will make it into the matchday squads. I wonder if United will want to go with their idea from last season and loan us a couple of players again?
Whilst no one thinks losing is a good idea, Its not fair to judge until the prefered 1st eleven is available. It will be interesting to see who has the most minutes by the start of the season.
Pre Season Games on 20:09 - Jul 13 with 3572 viewsEllDale

Pre Season Games on 17:30 - Jul 13 by kel

Correct.
Some of us remember an unbeaten preseason which included a 4-3 victory over Everton saw us lose 3-0 at home to Orient in the opening game of the campaign.
Orient weren’t bad to be fair!
Pre Season Games on 20:22 - Jul 13 with 3502 viewsNorthernDale

We always seem to lose to Orient, especially at Brisbane Road.

Hopefully we can sign a goalkeeper, 2 Central defenders and a striker before Friday, just to bed them before the start of the season. I think with the youngsters like Oscar Kelly, Corey Edwards, Bailey, Mann and Dunlop we have numbers in midfield, if inexperienced.

As a matter of interest did McNulty change his tactics from last season or did he carry on with the same tactics
[Post edited 13 Jul 20:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Pre Season Games on 20:26 - Jul 13 with 3471 viewsTVOS1907

Pre Season Games on 20:22 - Jul 13 by NorthernDale

Hopefully we can sign a goalkeeper, 2 Central defenders and a striker before Friday, just to bed them before the start of the season. I think with the youngsters like Oscar Kelly, Corey Edwards, Bailey, Mann and Dunlop we have numbers in midfield, if inexperienced.

As a matter of interest did McNulty change his tactics from last season or did he carry on with the same tactics

Why before Friday?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pre Season Games on 20:33 - Jul 13 with 3419 viewsNorthernDale

It gives them time to fit into the squad and the system, and get some game time at Fleetwood. I accept we have four weeks to sign people and it would give us to look at the players available.

As a matter of interest, did Bailey, Mann and Dunlop sign the contracts offered.
Pre Season Games on 20:33 - Jul 13 with 3419 viewsseasidedale

Pre Season Games on 20:22 - Jul 13 by NorthernDale

Thought Johnson looked best of the youngster, no we didn’t play chuclebrother football was more attavking
Pre Season Games on 21:17 - Jul 13 with 3291 viewsEllDale

Is the 6’5” goalkeeper really called Max Little? Great irony if true.
Pre Season Games on 21:50 - Jul 13 with 3197 viewsseasidedale

Pre Season Games on 20:33 - Jul 13 by NorthernDale

It gives them time to fit into the squad and the system, and get some game time at Fleetwood. I accept we have four weeks to sign people and it would give us to look at the players available.

As a matter of interest, did Bailey, Mann and Dunlop sign the contracts offered.

I ask Jim the three offered contracts have all signed
Pre Season Games on 22:07 - Jul 13 with 3150 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pre Season Games on 21:50 - Jul 13 by seasidedale

I ask Jim the three offered contracts have all signed

It would be nice if the Club confirmed this formally........
Pre Season Games on 22:35 - Jul 13 with 3064 viewsJames1980

Pre Season Games on 21:17 - Jul 13 by EllDale

Is the 6’5” goalkeeper really called Max Little? Great irony if true.

Well that's not nominative determinism

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Pre Season Games on 19:50 - Jul 14 with 2091 viewspioneer

Pre Season Games on 20:09 - Jul 13 by EllDale

Correct.
Some of us remember an unbeaten preseason which included a 4-3 victory over Everton saw us lose 3-0 at home to Orient in the opening game of the campaign.

Werent bad….they won the league! And we went on from that loss to be top of the league by November.
Pre Season Games on 23:36 - Jul 14 with 1880 viewsmikehunt

Ah well, there's always next season ....

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Pre Season Games on 14:51 - Jul 15 with 1431 viewswheniwasyourage

Pre Season Games on 20:09 - Jul 13 by EllDale

Correct.

I spend all my spare time dumping on little Jim... but alas you cannot read anything into pre-season friendlies.

He seems to be re-building and I do actually think he has a good eye for talent.
Pre Season Games on 15:49 - Jul 15 with 1322 viewsDale_4_Life

I guess this 3-0 loss can be placed in some distant memory bank and forgotten about.

I agree 4 weeks of additions to the squad and training together will see vast improvement.

The only result that really matters is the one on the 10th August at the Jakemans Community Stadium home of Boston United.

Boston also lost on Saturday 2-1 away to the mighty Spalding United.

I expect Fleetwood and Macclesfield to be equally as experimental, lets hope we have some semblance of a competitive side when we play Carlisle on the 27th.
Pre Season Games on 19:24 - Jul 15 with 1023 viewskel

Pre Season Games on 14:51 - Jul 15 by wheniwasyourage

I spend all my spare time dumping on little Jim... but alas you cannot read anything into pre-season friendlies.

He seems to be re-building and I do actually think he has a good eye for talent.

Aye, we know. Maybee a little positivity would be beneficial.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024