Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so it begins 09:35 - Jul 11 with 1879 viewsBoundy

They're after your saving and now, for some their pensions, Sir Edward Troup, a former executive for HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) who has been advising Shadow Chancellor Rachel Reeves, said action has to be taken on pensions. He explained: "It's not easy and I don't hold a particular view about how we deliver something which I think, should be delivered. My generation, the pensioners' generation, if they've got income, if they've got means, should be contributing at least as much, and possibly more than those people who are working, bringing up families and are really contributing now to that country.'" .

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsbirmingham/state-pensioners-may-have-to-surre

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

And so it begins on 20:02 - Jul 11 with 576 viewsWhiterockin

And so it begins on 19:47 - Jul 11 by max936

Spot on I upped the payments into my PP a few years ago, so I doubt I'll get what I am intitled to when I retire in a few years.

But you will pay 20/40% tax on it.
And so it begins on 20:16 - Jul 11 with 540 viewsmax936

And so it begins on 20:02 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

Labour have always been the Tax party, they'll never be any different and some criticise me for not voting, Utter Clowns
[Post edited 11 Jul 20:18]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

And so it begins on 20:21 - Jul 11 with 536 viewsraynor94

And so it begins on 20:02 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

Tell me about it, private pension and old age, Taxed! until the day I die

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

And so it begins on 20:33 - Jul 11 with 514 viewsWhiterockin

Whether it's Conservative or Labour you pay 35 years NI to get a full pension. Start work at 16 and you still have to pay NI for another 15 years until you are pensionable age. Be sensible and not a waster and pay into a private pension, which incidentally you are now contracted into unless you opt out, and you pay tax on your pension and some want it means teasted. Or you could piss it against the wall all your life then live off of the state and that's acceptable. Really, wake up and be real is this the future.
[Post edited 11 Jul 20:34]
And so it begins on 21:09 - Jul 11 with 463 viewsmax936

And so it begins on 20:33 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

Whether it's Conservative or Labour you pay 35 years NI to get a full pension. Start work at 16 and you still have to pay NI for another 15 years until you are pensionable age. Be sensible and not a waster and pay into a private pension, which incidentally you are now contracted into unless you opt out, and you pay tax on your pension and some want it means teasted. Or you could piss it against the wall all your life then live off of the state and that's acceptable. Really, wake up and be real is this the future.

Brilliant post Whitey

And so it begins on 23:37 - Jul 11 with 406 viewsmajorraglan

And so it begins on 20:33 - Jul 11 by Whiterockin

Spot on.

I’ve retired after working for 40 years. I’m several years away from my state pension and I now work part time doing something completely different in a job where I help those who are less fortunate than I am. I’ve never ever claimed state benefit and I don’t see why, after paying in all my life I should be denied my pension.

There has to be a payback for paying in and making the system tick, otherwise we (and I mean most of the people on here because it’s clear most do or have worked) could just sit back like the scroungers and the idle and do nowt. Those that can’t work should be supported, but those that won’t work should be forced to contribute or get nothing.
[Post edited 12 Jul 8:20]
And so it begins on 07:32 - Jul 12 with 360 viewsScotia

And so it begins on 16:55 - Jul 11 by ItchySphincter

I hope it works out for you. For those of us that are still some way out from pensionable age I think its going to be quite different by the time we get there. I'll probably have to retrain which seems mindbendingly impossible at my age, or go in to a different line of work - also difficult as I'm bordering on unemployable, but I think it's quite likely that those of us hitting 50 in the next few years are likely to have to work until we drop.

I'm hitting 50 in few years, and despite paying in to a good employee pension scheme for 24 years and an AVC for about 10 I'm still a little nervous I'll be working at 67 at least.

I think a state pension needs to be considered differently from other benefits it may not be needed but is, in most cases, earned.

My mother in law has barely worked a day in her life, and has got a good bit of disposable income. To the point that some of her cash is sitting in one of our savings accounts to keep her from hitting the benefits savings ceiling.

There are plenty of savings to be made if the government look in the right place.
And so it begins on 17:51 - Jul 12 with 246 viewsSullutaCreturned

And so it begins on 18:14 - Jul 11 by pencoedjack

If someone looks after their finances all their working life pays there NI whilst paying into a private pension I thinks it’s unfair to stop their state pension.

Especially when some tired barsteward who scrounged off the state all their life gets one.

Isn't it criminal, they tell us to prepare for our retirement, they tell us to save, to pay into a private/occupational pension and those of us who listened and/or worked all our lives and are heading towards a comfortable retirement then find out all they were doing was lining us up as another form of income stream.

I wonder how many ex MP's get the state pension and how much of it they will be told to give up? Then how mnay in the future, or will they all be protected from this "tax"
Login to get fewer ads

And so it begins on 21:07 - Jul 12 with 222 viewsmax936

And so it begins on 17:51 - Jul 12 by SullutaCreturned

Isn't it criminal, they tell us to prepare for our retirement, they tell us to save, to pay into a private/occupational pension and those of us who listened and/or worked all our lives and are heading towards a comfortable retirement then find out all they were doing was lining us up as another form of income stream.

I wonder how many ex MP's get the state pension and how much of it they will be told to give up? Then how mnay in the future, or will they all be protected from this "tax"

They probably get a final salary type pension plus other addon's specially if they end up in the Lords.

Im still shocked that the clown Peter Hain is a Lord, borne from kissing Tony Blairs arse I expect, its shocking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024